Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Create random album art

Started by Ronnie the Raincoat, January 03, 2008, 04:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie the Raincoat

This might be fun:

Instructions:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title on the page is the name of your band.

2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quotation is the title of your album.

3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4.Use your graphics programme of choice to throw them together, and post the result.

5. Write a blurb about your album's musical content.

I did:

Imagine John Waters did an album.  It would sound like this.  Hysterical keyboards set to a backdrop of deprivation, where a clown pounces around, probably dressed like Leigh Bowery.

Chilled out country and western stylings from two dogs and a bat.

But I'm shit with graphics.

jaydee81

Cool! Something creative to do with MS Paint! Maybe a little blurb to explain the musical content of your band's albums Ronnie?

Wolski

LeboviciAB84

What a marvellous idea for a thread!

Brutally ethereal.

Cack Hen

El Unicornio, mang

Experimental jazz-indie rockabilly fusion, at a guess

jaydee81

Oooh... looks like a Clannad album cover

bennett

Missed the blurb bit:

Rising out of the ashes of two of Nu-metals greatest bands comes the beautifully realised pop revolution that is 'In The Presence Of Enemies'. 

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Moody.

Bugger, didn't read the title limit. It seems to fit so well though.

El Unicornio, mang

This is fun!

New York's hip electro-indie punksters, Blue Hen Chicken!

Cack Hen

The doom metal four-piece tackle their difficult 9th album.

Derek Trucks

On Cooperation, Not Imtimidation was the 3rd album by the North Dakota trio Oudtshoorn, Western Cape.  Whilst they had attracted a reasonable size fanbase on the college radio circuit, criticisms of over-earnestness were never far away from the band and this reached a head on this commercially-lukewarm release in 1995.  Singer/songwriter Luke Truman wanted to create a more politcally-charged sound to coincide with the election for Governorship in Fargo.  Songs such as "A Child's Shattered Dream" did little to distinguish them from similarly overwraught AOR being produced at the time.

The group made one final album (1997's 'Sunglow') before splitting for various solo-careers, most notably bassist Doug Wallet's critically acclaimed ambient-rock pieces.

Koant

How do you save a picture from Flickr ? I only get a blank gif with the right click. I want to play!

Pseudopath

Urgh...some horrible pop-goth metal nonsense featuring a cod-operatic female singer. Add a surfeit of 'dark' lyrics which lead teenage fans (and their outraged parents) to believe the band are Satanists only for the singer to be outed as a Mormon.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Koant on January 03, 2008, 04:51:35 PM
How do you save a picture from Flickr ? I only get a blank gif with the right click. I want to play!

I do Print Scrn then paste it

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

steven583699

I have no idea what the artist 'Mel Owens' does. He/she is probably making us question our faith in capitalism with this hard-hitting but soulful album.

By the way this is great fun.

Roy Orbital

Epic triple-album from prog-rockers Saleby Runestone.

Twelth studio album from the jazz-rock grandads. The kind of crap your dad enjoys. Avoid.

Fun thread!

Jemble Fred

This is indeed a great thread, and I don't even have the resources to make one until I go home.

More band/album info needed though!

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Another tiresome, wilfully quirky afair from René.

LeboviciAB84

Jemble Fred

QuoteAnother tiresome, wilfully quirky afair from René.

You've clearly not given it a proper listen – the girl's a genius. And such moles!

The title track is like 'Wonderwall' – on cannabis!

El Unicornio, mang

After the release of their critically acclaimed but commercially disastrous debut album "Horses for Courses", French three-piece Argot, led by Marcel Pierre Pou, are back with their unique blend of Euro-pop-shoegaze and dark acoustic noodlings.

NME 6/10

sirhenry

Peruvian dance music from the 30s and 40s, including the all-time accordion classic 'No Es Mi Junta'.

NoSleep

Pity you didn't spend a little more time inside, working on your music, you pretentious 3rd-rate Coldplay wannabes.

How do you printscreen on that bucket of useless wank we know as a mac?

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

A fantastic return to form from the chilled out, Australian king of Mellow. After 2005's largely disappointing 'Do it for Me', Cam's proven that he's still got it. Highlights include; 'Leak', 'I'm Doin' Alright' and the astonishing 'I Never Thought'

buttgammon

The Estonian experimental waltz-metallers follow up their critically acclaimed, self-titled debut album with violently melodic evocations of hell, death and inkjet printers.

Hailing from California, duo Nearly A Happy Ending have taken the states by storm and are now set to arrive in the UK with their sunny acoustic guitar melodies.