Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:58:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

name this lyric:

Started by 9, April 13, 2004, 03:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

some kind of rap song, at least 10 years old, includes the lyrics;

....nitty gritty in the big bad city
.... this is Jam high ??

possibly? any help would be much appreciated. thanks. ;-)

peet

Sounds like Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me...
to me.

easytarget

Beats International featuring Lindy Layton (how could you forget the Layton?)
The rest of the lyrics seem to be here

Nearly Annually

I always thought it was jam hot. As hot as jam. Jam has a fuck off specific heat capacity hasn't it, so that would make sense.

Edit: ah, I see it is indeed jam hot. Yeah. And I also see that Dido's cov... < gets bored before end of sentence >

Morrisfan82

I've always wondered if that was sampled from somewhere else though, perhaps a radio show or something. The first bit's got the break from God Made Me Funky by The Headhunters behind it, and some sort of crowd noise as well.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Well seen as this thread is here I'll take advantage of it. What is the Beastie Boys song where at the beginning there is a bit of scratching, one of them says their name, another bit of scatching, another says their name and so on. If anyone saw Scratch a while ago when it was shown on Channel 4 (it had QBert and DJ Shadow and other people on it as well) Mixmaster Mike played it at some point.

Morrisfan82

It's not a BBoys track as such, it's a little piece put together by Mixmaster Mike himself, pressed onto vinyl and used as an intro scratchfest at the opening of Beastie Boys gigs.

thanks very much guys. ;-)

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Muteki"It's not a BBoys track as such, it's a little piece put together by Mixmaster Mike himself, pressed onto vinyl and used as an intro scratchfest at the opening of Beastie Boys gigs.
Ah, does it have any kind of title, what would it be called on soulseek?

fEDORA

The Vinyl in question was pressed so that Mixmaster Mike could perform his devestating one man band routine backing the Beasties on '3MCs and I DJ'.
A horn stab, a few kick drums and the aforementioned acapellas.

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"
Quote from: "Muteki"It's not a BBoys track as such, it's a little piece put together by Mixmaster Mike himself, pressed onto vinyl and used as an intro scratchfest at the opening of Beastie Boys gigs.
Ah, does it have any kind of title, what would it be called on soulseek?
Well, in the filum he called it a piece of 'show vinyl', so it's very likely it's never been released, he just has copies for, well, doing shows. I'd wager.

The only way you'd find it I guess would be if somebody bootlegged one of the shows where he performed it. Wouldn't have a scooby what it's called though. 'Intro' perhaps?

Sounds like a good idea for a pointless timewasting game.

Where do these come from?

Quote1 They wore enamel badges of David Steel on their sleeves

Quote2 I want to castigate the media for this pub rock revival

Quote3 There are countless formulas for pressing flowers

Quote4 We're not all pentacostals, but everybody's got an arsehole

Quote5 The food ain't too shabby and they piss in the street

Quote6 And your past is just a bedroom full of implements of cruelty

Quote7 The hearts of the girls was to hell broken sent

Rats

3. There are countless formulas for pressing flowers is from milk it by nirvana. No idea about the others, they ring distant bells but they probably just remind of other things.

Quote from: "Rats"3. There are countless formulas for pressing flowers is from milk it by nirvana. No idea about the others, they ring distant bells but they probably just remind of other things.

Right band and album, wrong track.

Rats

Ah, it's scentless apprentice isn't it? God, I was sure it was milk it, it would fit into that song really well

there are countless formulas for pressing flowers
test meat
doll steak

MonkeyDrummer

6 And your past is just a bedroom full of implements of cruelty   

Pulp - Mark of the Devil
[/quote]

fanny splendid

No.5 is Frank Zappa, In France.

fanny splendid

No.7 Cotton eye joe by Rednex?

fanny splendid

No.1 The Beautiful South - Oh Blackpool.

All right so far, just two left.

Huzzie

Quote from: "9"some kind of rap song, at least 10 years old, includes the lyrics;

....nitty gritty in the big bad city
.... this is Jam high ??

possibly? any help would be much appreciated. thanks. ;-)

Want to do this without seeing the replies, even though I know bastards will have already got it right.

Beats international. Dub be good to me.

Me and my little homeboy would sing that part of LOL NO song when it cam eout, when we were prowling the streets for femmes, age 13 wearing British KNights and Troop.

Jams hot boys walk jam nitty griitty your listing to the boys from the big bad city this is jaaaaam hot... this is jaaaaaam hot.

OK, first bit is wrong but it has been a long time.

This has remainds me of an amazing summer.