Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:12:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fancy Dress

Started by El Unicornio, mang, February 04, 2004, 07:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

Radio Bristol-era Cress Morris.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Timmay"Original was '79, but the sequels were '80's, defo...

The original episode, Prescripion: Murder was '68.

Alberon

He was still doing Columbo TV movies just a few years ago.

What about JR Ewing?

Or Kenny Everetts version of Sue Ellen? Though holding drink and food would be difficult with that one.

elderford

El Unicornio, mang

Okay, well after much deliberation I've decided to go as Marty McFly, thanks though for all the suggestions. My wife had a look at this thread and found some of the choices very funny (especially David Hasselhoff), although she doesn't know half the names mentioned. "What's Minder?" ...."It was a show about a minder"....."what's a minder?". Blummin' yanks....

Anyway, I shall post up pictures of myself in said garb for you all to laugh at, my wife got me a red puffy jacket which she cut the arms off, and also some tight CK acid wash jeans. I've ordered some mirrored aviator sunglasses off the net and my hair should be at a respectable 80's level by Feb 28th. Just need some white 'sneakers' and an old denim jacket now....

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "The Unicorn"She's going as Punky Brewster:

Umm.  I missed much of the 80's -partly by choice and partly due to ingestion of chemicals - so i have to ask... That IS the original 'Punky Brewster' and not your other half?

Doctor Stamen

Quote from: "The Unicorn""what's a minder?".

Can you begin to imagine what it must be like to be one of these people who have never, ever watched an episode of 'Minder'?  It must be bloody awful for them.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "arqarqa"
Quote from: "The Unicorn"She's going as Punky Brewster:

Umm.  I missed much of the 80's -partly by choice and partly due to ingestion of chemicals - so i have to ask... That IS the original 'Punky Brewster' and not your other half?

Hahaha, no, that's Punky Brewster :-)

Anyway, she's changed her mind, she's now going as a Valley Girl. No, I've no idea what that is either. Google image search just brings up pictures of 15 year old girls in basketball outfits

Kyle

Quote(especially David Hasselhoff)

Thanks.

So if you are going as Marty McFly does this mean we can say "Hey Butthead"
to you from now on?

Have a good party, and don't fprget your skate/hoverboard etc..

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Kyle"

So if you are going as Marty McFly does this mean we can say "Hey Butthead"
to you from now on?

Only if you all agree to chase me down a street in the 1950's in your cars and end up covered in manure in a hilarious point culminant de scène

Quote from: "The Unicorn"Anyway, she's changed her mind, she's now going as a Valley Girl. No, I've no idea what that is either. Google image search just brings up pictures of 15 year old girls in basketball outfits

VALLEY GIRL, SHE'S A VALLEY GIRL
VALLEY GIRL, SHE'S A VALLEY GIRL
OK! FINE! FOR SURE, FOR SURE
SHE'S A VALLEY GIRL AND THERE IS NO CURE! SHE'S A....
*OHHHMIGOD!*
VALLEY GIRL!

Zappa.

... *leaves*

Darrell

GO AS A CHIN

Or as a Quantel video effects unit.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Darrell"GO AS A CHIN

It would have to be a chin with designer stubble though

El Unicornio, mang

BUMP

Okay, the party is only a few days away, andI have my full costume ready.

Check out these honeys:

Quote from: "The Unicorn"BUMP

Okay, the party is only a few days away, andI have my full costume ready.

I would hope we'll get to see a picture..

european son

i don't think you'll have the balls to go through with it Uni

i think you're..... chicken.

Lord Spong

The 80s?  Go as Optimus Prime, or a Spangle.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "european son"i don't think you'll have the balls to go through with it Uni

i think you're..... chicken.

:Stops. Turns around:

"nobody calls me chicken"

And yes, there'll be pics to laugh at :-)

Hairy Chin

Nice find with the white trainers - although I've a sneacking suspicion you've had them for a while - possibly as your favourite shoes.

If you're going as a chin, go as me - I was born in '81. I think Optimus Prime is a great idea. Or maybe a Rubik's cube.

Ah well, Marty it is - remember to wear a pair of braces over your white checked shirt - you must remember these details - also find out if you should turn the bottom of your jeans up. You don't want to be laughed at if you get it wrong.

gazzyk1ns

What's the betting unicorn makes her keep her pigtails in and schoolgirl makeup on after he takes her home? Nobody need answer, we all know we would.

Frinky

You might want this?

Hairy Chin

El Unicornio, mang

that's great. My wife's friend knows a guy who actually owns a deLorean, but sadly I don't think we're gonna be able to get it.

Yes, I got the braces over the white checked shirt, and no the jeans aren't rolled up but the tongues on the 'sneakers' are pulled out. I'm hoping it's not gonna be too hot on Saturday cos I've got a shitload of layers: t-shirt, shirt, denim jacket and bodywarmer.

And sadly my other half is now going as MAdonna so there'll be no paedo-simulator shenanigans.....not that I would do that anyway, of course...

PhuckNose

Or take my Halloween costume from this past year which happens to fit in perfectly to the early 80's. Go as Apathy. Get yourself a name tag (one of those "Hello my name is" tags) and just write "Apathy" on it. Easy and lazy. And when people give you a hard time for wearing a simple costume you just tell them "I don't give a shit, where's the booze?" and the genius thing is that you can chalk it up just playing the part. There you go, you owe me a beer

El Unicornio, mang

Okay, well I'm still recovering from last night's party (the whisky, 'jello' shots and absinthe was flowing), but I'm well enough to post up a few pics as promised:

Me trying to do the cover pose:

Me looking fucking wrecked:

I also had some fab mirrored Aviator sunglasses, but someone stole them. upon viewing the camera, however, the culprit was revealed:

My wife as a Madonna wannabe:

A couple of my wife's friends dancing before everyone else arrived:

Lots of drunk people (yes, the far right of the picture does look exceedingly dodgy)

Frinky

Fantastic costume, you one-horned wonder, I'm gonna go thru my archive of pics I took of that DeLorean and try to mong you into one...

(A picture, not a DeLo, that'd be stupid)

Darrell

Quote from: "The Unicorn"Me trying to do the cover pose:

Had you just pissed yourself?

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Frinky"Fantastic costume, you one-horned wonder, I'm gonna go thru my archive of pics I took of that DeLorean and try to mong you into one...

(A picture, not a DeLo, that'd be stupid)

Thanks! A Delorean mong would be great!

Darrell - Um, there does seem to be a small dark patch on my funky acid-wash jeans. I'm guessing it's water, not urine, although I'm surprised I didn't piss myself last night, I was so utterly blotto.

El Unicornio, mang

Here's another one I just got sent that shows off my lovely sunglasses.

Lt Plonker

That's brilliant! Well done, sir. Who were the other party goers dressed up as, or should we not ask?