Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

REQ: Harry Hill S1 and Vic&Bob in "The Weekenders"

Started by MAn_Mountain, April 13, 2004, 09:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAn_Mountain

Pleeeze!

If these were commercially available, I'd pay top dollar for them!

Neil

Err, this forum is for discussing comedy, not requesting it.

weekender

Yeah, I've noticed a few people signing up just to ask for stuff recently, which is not really in the spirit of things.  I don't mind sharing by any means, but the last thing I want to see is this place turn into a list of requests.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Just go to Soulseek, if you ask there there is a lot more chance of you getting them. A lot of people have the Weekenders there and I'm sure you will find the Harry Hill.

sproggy

Quote from: "weekender"Yeah, I've noticed a few people signing up just to ask for stuff recently, which is not really in the spirit of things.  I don't mind sharing by any means, but the last thing I want to see is this place turn into a list of requests.

*small cough*

Weekender's request for mp3's

One rule for all?

Neil

Um, weekender has provided a hell of a lot of stuff on here, including hosting the Torque tv file that SOTCAA provided, and indeed he spent a lot of time at the weekend setting up a tracker so the encoders can spread the files easier!  What we're talking about is the sort of person who just wants to GRAB everything on the net.  They never want to talk about anything, they never give anything back, they just ask for more and more stuff.  (And half the time I wonder if they ever even watch the stuff or just collect it, cause you'll certainly never hear any opinions from them).

sproggy

Quote from: "Neil"Um, weekender has provided a hell of a lot of stuff on here, including hosting the Torque tv file that SOTCAA provided, and indeed he spent a lot of time at the weekend setting up a tracker so the encoders can spread the files easier!  What we're talking about is the sort of person who just wants to GRAB everything on the net.  They never want to talk about anything, they never give anything back, they just ask for more and more stuff.  (And half the time I wonder if they ever even watch the stuff or just collect it, cause you'll certainly never hear any opinions from them).

Yes I know Neil, just doing a little leg pulling, I couldn't resist.  I think most people on here rarely supply to Newbies without getting something in return first.

I've got original 'Weekenders' on VHS.  PM me if anyone feels the need to encode it (Fuck off Farceless)

Darrell

There's already a very good encode on The Weekenders (in stereo too!).

I have a dub of the original TX somewhere in my increasingly impossible-to-navigate collection.

weekender

Thanks Neil, but I can defend myself.

Sproglette, it's the people who are just signing up to get whatever they can whilst putting no effort in themselves that I'm wary of.  Most people on here, myself included, are more than happy to share stuff round and discuss it etc.

So no, I don't agree that it's one rule for one and one rule for me.  I think it's one rule for existing posters who have proved their willingness to share and discuss stuff, and a different rule for new people who just sign up to try and leech as much as they can.

I don't want to list the amount of stuff I've shared around becuase that could seem arrogant and bitchy, but it's true that I've hosted a hell of a lot of stuff, and I did indeed - along with the help of NaN, who deserves a lot of the credit - set up a tracker on some webspace - provided by ricahrd who also deserves a mention - which will hopefully be a bit more stable than some of the other trackers that people were using.  When Neil says I spent a lot of time on this at the weekend he's exaggerating slightly, it was just a couple of hours, but the point is that a few of us made the effort, rather than just expecting to leech and leech without putting anything back.

I'd like to think my attempts at contributing to VerbWhores amount to more than a single request thread in Stereo Excursions.

Edit: just seen your leg-pulling comment.  Bastard.

sproggy

Quote from: "weekender"
Edit: just seen your leg-pulling comment.  Bastard.

Gotcha!

Fucking hell, I'm turning into Noel Edmonds.