Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:38:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Collaborate!

Started by alan nagsworth, January 15, 2008, 05:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Melt Bananarama
The 80s popsters make a triumphant comeback, collaborating with their sort-of-namesakes Melt Banana. The Japanese noisemongers, who have more albums than you can shake a stick at, were more than happy to venture somewhere that their sound hasn't already been.

Bananarama, on finishing recording the album 'Pop Go Kerblammo!', were said to be "disjointed but wealthy."

The The Band
"Utter crap. Seems like they only did it because the name would sound cool, and that's normally the sort of shit that we're down with, you know? 1/5" - The NME

jaydee81

Justice Vs Paul Simon? (tenuous I know)

Can't think of anything witty to follow it up with. Damn brain!

chocky909

Chris Straits

This long awaited collaboration between Dire Straits and Chris Rea was fraught with artistic differences and indecision concerning the band name. Eventually it was decided they'd sell more records with this moniker.

gmoney

REA Speedwagon

Chris lends his MOR vocals to the stadiam MOR rock band.

Anon

Paul Simon Mobile Disco
Painfully hip, 'world music' influenced dance music with the guy from Simon & Garfunkel who wasn't Art Garfunkel in it.

Bonnie Prince Billy
In which Will Oldham and The Artist Formerly Known As The Artist Formerly Known As Prince bring the lo-fi-funk-folk-rock.

jaydee81

Quote from: Anon on January 15, 2008, 05:25:47 PM
Paul Simon Mobile Disco
Painfully hip, 'world music' influenced dance music with the guy from Simon & Garfunkel who wasn't Art Garfunkel in it.

Hey! You stole my not very good play on the word Simian!

chocky909

The Libertina Turners

Raggedly hip power rock from the streets of London, Tennessee.

jaydee81

Quote from: chocky909 on January 15, 2008, 05:19:32 PM
Chris Straits

This long awaited collaboration between Dire Straits and Chris Rea was fraught with artistic differences and indecision concerning the band name. Eventually it was decided they'd sell more records with this moniker.

Pure genius

Anon

Quote from: jaydee81 on January 15, 2008, 05:30:39 PM
Hey! You stole my not very good play on the word Simian!
I would give it bck, but it's probably not worth the bother really.

chocky909

Quote from: jaydee81 on January 15, 2008, 05:32:24 PM
Pure genius

I didn't actually come up with that one myself. :( My dad told me it years back so god know where he got it from. I doubt he came up with it himself.
Posted on: January 15, 2008, 05:39:10 PM
The Kajagoogoo Dolls

MOR US rock with sillier hair

R.E.M.F

The dance based, jangly guitar tinged mega-group that might go 'Nightswimming' for a 'Schubert Dip'.

The Grateful Dead Kennedys

2 minute tracks with 25 minute long middle-eights. Played an amazing gig in front of the Pyramids... in Las Vegas.

The Rolling Stone Roses

I can't be arsed describing it but it would be interesting.
Posted on: January 15, 2008, 05:54:54 PM
Quote from: Anon on January 15, 2008, 05:25:47 PM
Bonnie Prince Billy
In which Will Oldham and The Artist Formerly Known As The Artist Formerly Known As Prince bring the lo-fi-funk-folk-rock.

Surely Bonnie Billy?

jaydee81

Quote from: chocky909 on January 15, 2008, 05:56:50 PM
Surely Bonnie Billy?

Also genius (sorry for all the Chocky love from me folks)

jaydee81

Battles For Lashes

Challenging coffee table music, which sees Kate Bush style whimsy shifting from a 3/4 to a 4/7 time signature at will.

E.L.O.O.M.D.D.L.T.T.L.C.C.S.S.W.V

Surely the best Brum, synth, RnB, Brazilian pop..... RnB band ever, with the added bonus of DLT recording links into the song to save lazy DJs talking.

Gang Of Four Tops
Admit it... they'd be amazing!

Don_Preston

The Who-Siers

The supergroup to end all supergroups! The two remaining stadium rockers talk about their generation to those indie hipsters who are just worried about Ray. Not to bother guys, he won't get fooled again!

Hüsker Who

The two remaining old codgers from the seminal mod turned stadium-filling group team up with the hardcore turned sellout troupe to tour the stadias of America. Insiders talk of the plans failing before they've begun, due to a falling out between convicted paedophile Pete Townshend and former junkie drummer Grant Hart. Will Everything Fall Apart? Will Townsend Flip His Wig? Will Hart Fiddle About and make Love Reign O'er Him?

Iggy and The St-Who-ges

Iconic drug addict-cum-mentalist Iggy and the gang partner up with the embarassing old hasbeens for the ultimate live experience. But the obvious question remains: Will kiddy fiddler Townsend detroy his instrument before the leathery-faced punk destroys himself?! Though with Pop's recent Parkinson's diagnosis, will it be more Iggy Pop with the Shakey Hand than Going Mobile?

Anon

Guided By Venetian Snares
Glorious power-pop nuggets with crushing 300bpm, 7/4 time beats over the top.

Suedepusher
Darkly glamerous drill 'n' bass from a band that never quite recaptures its initial glory.

Pere Shop Boys
Glittering synth-pop with vocals supplied through a megaphone by an especially gluttinous sealion with a taste for Beefheart and Barry White. 

My Bloody Vitriol
Possibly the laziest band ever.

My Bloody Jr.
Actually, these guys might be even worse.

LeboviciAB84

The BeatLes Gray: Two stupendous legacies, multiplied! Although most of the members are sadly dead.

Ginyard

Chas and Slade

C'mon now...you know you want it to happen!

Hank Zappa

Synclavier meets Stratocaster as the former Shadows member slips into the dead skin of his old contemporary and a legend isn't born.

Ginyard

WhamA-Ha

Wake me up before you take on me...

Japanese synth manufacturer hires two 80s boy troups for winter NAMM '08

alan nagsworth

Queen Of The Stone Age

Manic stoner rock with guest vocals from Freddie Mercury v.2, Mika. Falsetto sludge!

Pigbag Destroyer
Funky jazz reaches the dizzy heights of grindcore in this ultimate fusion of the beautifully cool and brutally uncool.

Burnt By The Sun Ra
Grindcore reaches the dizzy heights of outer space, baby! It's like a mosh pit in your rocket, and everyone's invited!

gmoney

Half Man Half Bis

Scottish tinged whimsy

actwithoutwords

Matt Berry-al

Abstract dubstep variations on the Snuff Box theme tune. Awful.

Neville Chamberlain

NoMeansNoDoubt

Veteran Canadian jazzcore heroes turn into insipid ska-lite MOR shit band.

gmoney

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on January 16, 2008, 08:04:18 AM
NoMeansNoDoubt

Veteran Canadian jazzcore heroes turn into insipid ska-lite MOR shit band.

This raised more thana hearty giggle

Neville Chamberlain

Cardiaxelrose

The world's first cock-pronk band!

Ginyard

Steeleye Beastie Span Boys

1st generation VW drivers will love this folk-rap hybrid shit

Brundle-Fly

Ian Dury And The Radioheads.

Chirpy AND angsty funk pop cripples release Oi Computer!

Don_Preston

This Canned Heat

Genre-bending blues-rockin' weirdos who went a bit punk on their second album. Released more live albums than Rush...just.

Anon

Patrick Wolf Parade
Hipsters all over the world spontaneously combust at the news of this collaboration.

Amy Waitshouse
Has a voice that will make you shit yourself.

quadraspazzed

The Orbital
The guy from Orbital who really didn't want to break up teams up with Dr. Alex Patterson and the result sounds not unlike both groups' previous work.

Chemical Outhere Brothers
Briefly popular shit rap maestros go through the Chems back catalogue laying down hilarious double entendre raps over them.

Fauster Pussycat
Avant-garde-cock-rock.

The Ordinary Beach Boys
Preston kidnaps Brian Wilson and forces him to make music which Preston then attempts to sing over. The result is still shit.

Silver Apples in Stereo
This would be great and you know it.

Castatonia
In a bid to recreate the glory days of The Ballad of Tom Jones, Cerys Matthews goes looking for a scouser, any scouser. She ends up with John Power.

Napalm Death Cab for Cutie
When Grindcore met Indie Pop.

Jon Bon Jive Bunny Wailer
Rock n roll classics redone in a reggae stylee sung by an idiot with big hair and a bigger ego (and a tiny penis).

Denis Clearwaterman Revival
Down home and dirty 80's British TV theme tunes.

Joyzipper Division
Oh I don't know!

The ClAsh
Tim Wheeler replaces the late Joe Strummer in the 2008 reunion tour. The most ill advised team up since Prince Philip toured with Prince Buster. And we all know how that one ended.

The Jesus and Mary Chapin Carpenter
Country noise folk rock and probable heroin abuse.

Rage Against the Soft Machine
When prog met angsty rap rock. Surprisingly the album was somehow better than Audioslave. Ok well, perhaps not that surprising.

B.A.D. Manners

Jimmy Cliff Richard
Just wrong.

buttgammon

Public Enemy Ltd.

John Lydon and Chuck D come to blows in a tense, politicised and experimental clash of egos. The album is packaged in a 'Ferrero Rocher pyramid'.

Bjoeck

A series of duets between Bjork and Beck. Even if you are a fan of both of these artists, you are advised to stay away from this for your own good.

And to break the rules slightly...

Kelvin Harris

Infectious if generic electro saved by vocalist Kelvin's interjections of "Leathherrr booooots" throughout the LP.