Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Academy In The UK (Birmingham gig - possible CaB meet?)

Started by alan nagsworth, January 17, 2008, 05:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

NE PUNX UP FER THIS?????

It's at a bunch of different Carling Academy venues annually and I must say it's a fucking blast. An epic punk all-dayer (12pm-2am) for £28.50, what more could you want?* I went last year with my dad and have never emerged from a gig so drained, sweaty, alcohol-infused and just generally disorientated.

I'll definitely be going this year with my pops again, and I'll be attending the Birmingham one. Sunday, May 4th. £28.50. Sticky floor and smell of hot leather comes as standard.

This year's fully-confirmed line-up is: The Damned + Buzzcocks + The Rezillos + The Beat + Mad Sin + GBH + Zounds + Spunge + UK Subs + Deadline + The Grit + Drongos For Europe + Dragster + 4ft Fingers + New York Alcoholic Anxiety Attack + Stevie Nix and The Cute Lepers.

Captain Sensible is sure to fuck up and make it look like it's all good fun just like he does every year. And fuck me, it's GBH!! Ooooh I really can't wait!

Any other 'Whores interested in joining me for some over-priced beer, crafty spliffs and arm-flinging boot-stomping carnage? I'd love to meet some of you and this would be an epic event to do so. I'll be the kid in the Nazi Punks Fuck Off shirt.

*reader's voice: "original line-ups maybe cuz like they've all probably sold out, the rotters"

Don_Preston

I would, but I fear being there with my long hair and Frank Zappa t-shirt I wouldn't last ten seconds, plus there's the fact I live nowehere near Birmingham.

If you were willing to come down the the Bristol one...