Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby

Started by aaaaaaaaaargh!, January 20, 2008, 03:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 13, 2010, 03:51:45 PM
So err...why didn't Scotland put the ball into touch from the restart?

I know. As an RL fan, it's easy to deride Yawnion as 'kick and clap'. The one time I would have agreed with such a policy, and they choose not to!

Old Thrashbarg

In the entertaining code, Cas can feel very hard done by tonight. There were a few dubious, to say the least, calls that went against them.

As a Hull fan, I'm much more optimistic about this season than last, especially after the first couple of games. A few much needed signings in positions we were lacking in before have completely changed the look of the team.

Gulftastic

Most of the time, especially recently, I love my Rhinos.

Other times, even more recently, I'm not so sure.

dr beat

I think Leeds will prevail again, along with Saints - too much class within both teams.  Also, its not unusual to see a few shock results early in the season.  Mind you, is it me or do Cas and Wakey always seem to do well against the Rhinos?

On the other hand, I suspect the Bulls could be in for a long season.

Anyway, the Widnes result yesterday made my day - we were only playing Barrow in the Northern Rail Cup, but I think it could be between us and them for the Championship, so the win yesterday could be a bit of a psychological boost at least.  We were 20-6 down at one point in the second half, and came back to win 22-20 with a try at the death.  Get in!

Gulftastic

Today, I love my Rhinos. And beer.

mikeyg27

I watched the 2nd half through a food-induced haze, due to making (and eating) two of the largest and tastiest sandwiches known to man (perhaps one day I'll reveal the recipe for the Buffalicious and the Veggie Buffalicious). Good game, though - fine distraction from the discomfort. Even though they lost today I've actually been really impressed with St Helens over the last few weeks, considering how many players they're missing - they'll probably go trophyless this year but I think reports of their demise have been exaggerated and they should be contending again pretty soon (especially if the bastards are taking Louis Mac as the rumours suggest *sad face*). If they had someone other than Wilkin playmaking today they might have done it (real bugbear of mine, but it really frustrates me when he's used in that way).

Leeds being there instead of Saints makes it a little more tempting to go to Wembley this year. 

dr beat

Pleased about Leeds, Saints vs Wire is always my worst-case CC Final scenario.

And I'll be blowed, Widnes managed to win tonight, away at Toulouse.  Although they did their absolute best to cock it up.

mikeyg27

Leeds can't have that stupid a half twice in a row, right?

Gulftastic

Great big bunch of fucking arse!!