Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:01:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PSN: No Subscription Required

Started by Jim Jarmusch, January 24, 2008, 09:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jarmusch

I thought this could be a place for sharing our PSN ID's. I'm new to the PS3 and online gaming.

I've only got Resistance and Warhawk at the moment. No bluetooth headset yet, still researching best model or if to just opt with the PS Eye's Mic.

Anyway mine is sparced. One hit kills, human, carbine and snipers only are my terms.

VegaLA

[Echhoooooooo]

I'm sorry, i'm sorry, I don't belong here and i'm leaving.........

chand

I need to have a crack at Resistance online, haven't played it yet, just Warhawk, COD4, PES2008 and occasionally Team Fortress 2. But mainly COD4.

Mine's 'enoughrope'. Not many PS3 users on here though, you have to bear in mind that Verbwhores can't even afford boxes of tissues for wanking into, so PS3s are inevitably out of the question.

PAGATRON

Probably should have waited a few more months before starting this thread.
Saying that I will be getting a PS3.

Jim Jarmusch

Yeah it will grow. Figures suggest that by Summer PS3 sales will have over taken the 360 in Europe despite the seventeen month headstart.

CaB posters are more easily influenced by early negative first impressions from the US controlled blogosphere (first time I've used that term) than being short on cash.

Penfold

full time lurker here.

PSN ID: monkeydeath

got resistance, motorstorm, fifa, smackdown vs raw, and skate.

don't really play much online so no idea how easy it is to find people.

hopefully picking up UT3 at the end of february, if games decide to be released when they are supposed to.

EDIT: think i may have jinxed myself.

housemate had taken PS3 from out of TV cabinet to plug in PS2 to play God of War 2, still unclear why, and now when i've turned PS3 on it says there is an error and hard drive needs rebuilding, so re-formatted HDD and lost everything. balls.

Seems like a perfect excuse to upgrade the HDD

jutl

Quote from: Jim Jarmusch on January 24, 2008, 11:34:20 PM
Figures suggest that by Summer PS3 sales will have over taken the 360 in Europe despite the seventeen month headstart.

To be fair, it was the head of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe who suggested that, not figures. Figures suggest that although Sony had a good Christmas in Europe, the two consoles are currently selling about equally. Sony extrapolated from the Christmas sales gap across the year, which was a fairly disingenuous thing to do. Globally the figures for Sony look less favourable, with MS matching Sony's newer console over Christmas.

Rubbish Monkey

Damn I need To get my phone line/internet sorted.

Jim Jarmusch

If you got to myresistance.net and sign up, then give it your PSN and Mac Address it with pair them up.

Heres my stats from ranked games that I first started playing but much prefer the unranked as it gives you more control of weapons, map location etc.

screenshot, no updating signature image available.

Still Not George

I am now going to bump this thread every day just to piss VegaLA off. Ha.

chand

Cunting fuck! I keep trying to play Resistance online, but it demands an update which is inexplicably taking an estimated 80 minutes to download. Last time I tried it died on me after about 40.

Slaaaaabs

My PSN tag is Slaaaaabs

I've got Resistance but I find it kinda shit online. Warhawk is good though, still need to buy the expansion with the dropship but I will soon.

chand

Did finally get on Resistance online; it's alright but it's a bit too hectic for my tastes, and it has an annoying habit of spawning you right in front of people who gratefully shoot you in the back. Warhawk I liked a lot online, although it can be kind of frustrating sometimes when the map is huge and it takes ages to get to the action. Sometimes I'll play a game where I don't get the chance to shoot anyone for ages, then you'll be in a capture the flag game where it's an insane siege and you're just spawning into a massive fight. COD4 is still the most online fun I've had; the map size is pretty much perfect for free-for-all games.

Jim Jarmusch

Join the Custom games. The pick out 8 Vs 8 Capture the Flag in Somerset, its one of the most popular. Theres loads of building to hide out and defend, a cat walk over some woods and a canyon. A lot routes to take it back to base or be ambushed.

Spawning in Team Multiplayer isn't really a problem on some maps and especially Somerset. If you select a Radio Band (Tango, Foxtrot, Whiskey etc) and become a group of either offense or defense inside your team it will bring up back at a move convenient location.

falafel

falafelmac

Only Ps3 owner in the world not to own Resistance. Must be some kind of medal for that.

EddyWhore

EddyPunk

I have warhawk, resitance and ---Call Of Duty 4.  If you haven't got COD 4 sell a kidney and buy it now!  Add me if you want, it would be pretty sweet having a CAB clan

jutl

Quote from: Jim Jarmusch on January 24, 2008, 11:34:20 PM
Yeah it will grow. Figures suggest that by Summer PS3 sales will have over taken the 360 in Europe despite the seventeen month headstart.

It seems that EA agrees with Sony's estimate.

If Home delivers on its promises we could have sort of Cab "Apartment" with streaming Mitch Hedberg bootleg recordings and episodes of The Good Life wallpapered all around us. That will make those Xbroken owners green with envy.

I got my Bluetooth Headset delivered yesterday. It really adds to the multiplayer experience having the ability to orchestrate an attack. The best and most reasonably priced offer I could find was this Sony Ericsson HBH PV702, synched up in seconds and audio sounds great. Its not five star comfort at first but you soon forget you're wearing it as its quite light.

Its £30 in the three week old edition of the Argos catalog and comes with a charger too so no expensive quadruple A batteries to replace. Stay clear of those.

chand

Advice: don't play PES2008 online. Just don't. It makes you angry.

Capt.Midnight

revolver85

I'm hammering Call of Duty 4 at the minute, but also have Resistance.

Is there a release date for Home?

Still Not George

20 mins after GTA4, I reckon - but that's just the cynic in me.

EA dev: PSN has "all the capabilities"
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=181516

Army of Two assistant producer, Matt Turner has told CVG that he fully supports PSN, but admitted experiencing "growing pains" with the relatively young system.

With its friends list access, universal game invites system and general intuitiveness, Xbox Live is rightly regarded as the superior service. Turner says, however, that PSN "has all the capabilities".

"There are extra challenges [with PSN] just because the PS3 is newer to our team so we've had to work through some growing pains, getting used to a whole new system of development," Turner told us.

"But it has all of the capabilities, it's just that at the moment we have more experience on the Xbox."

He goes on to say that the upcoming Army of Two will get over the shortfalls of the PS3 firmware's online menus in similar ways to Burnout Paradise.

"We have friends lists accessible during the game, you can send invites and your friends can join you - it's as easy as doing it on Xbox Live," he promises.

PSN is expected to catch up to (or even better, dare we speculate) Xbox Live when both a much-talked-about in-game XMB is introduced in a firmware update and PlayStation Home is released later this year.

Penfold

just had a good freeburn session with falafel on burnout.

it does seem really easy to use, it tells you when people are online and it's easy to send invites.

although i did spend most of my time on it driving round the mine thing hidden behind the junkyard on chubb lane and south mountain drive.

and now i rest.

falafel

Ha, yes, sorry about that... only my second go on the game and first online so wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be doing... took me at least five minutes to realise there was some sort of competitive element to it. I'm still not sure what it's about, though - what exactly are you meant to do apart from beat each other at jumps etc?

PS got Warhawk from Lovefilm yesterday and for whatever reason the bloody thing (game, not PS3 thankfully) won't start up now it's installed. Just goes black screeny on me. Help!

Penfold

it was my second go on freeburn and it does seems to include lots of stats about longest jumps and drifts but i think there are challenges as well.

can't help with the Warhawk problem, sorry.

falafel

Got it working... and it reminded me that I really don't like team-based online FPS games. I think I'm a bit of a girl in that respect. I just find them kind of dull. I like stories. I may need to be left out of the online revolution. Also trying to get the bluetooth headset to work, and I'm not sure if it did. What's supposed to happen? Do people talk a lot during Warhawk 'cause I only got the occasional snippet of speech coming through my speakers. Otherwise I didn't really get it. Jeez, I'm probably coming across as a right dumb fuck here, aren't I?

I paid for Warhawk on the PSN store so no install problems. I've only played it a few times, it looks a good game if you know the people on your team but I haven't got that option yet.

The fighter jet once you master the controls will be the most fun. Running around on foot or driving the jeep (that has no weapons when alone) is a bit tiresome if you've just spawned back at base and the maps are so massive.

Regarding voice chat I didn't hear much in Warhawk because no one seemed to be working together at all. The multiplayer in Resistance which I strongly recommend is always full of conversation. Capture the Flag only one or two in your team remain silent. Full team cooperation and a real mission objection that can't be ignored is much more satisfying  than the death matches.

If you've set the headset up through the main menu you should be fine.

Settings > Accessory Settings > Register Bluetooth Device > Headset > Scanning > Passcode > Register the Device > Complete > Input Device - "Select Your Headset"

When you say sound through the speakers do you mean the telly. I've got voice isolated to come through the ear piece so people aren't cursing each other full volume over machine gun fire.

falafel

Aye, ta, just got it working. Everyone remains very quiet! I had a go on Burnout where, hilariously, one of the people I was playing against appeared to be a woman in, say, her mid-thirties who didn't realise the headset was on and spent the whole time nattering to the person sat next to her about work. And she still beat me in the races. "ooh, look, I think I'm going the wrong way! Oh well.".

Anyone who enters the living room is under strict instructions not to speak to me while playing to save embarrassment. A few times I've left the headset turned on by accident though.

I noticed you was playing Flow earlier and thought I may as well give it a go. Its the best seller and for £3.50 is a fair price. That wouldn't get you more than a single NES game from the Wii's Shop. Eat everything and avoid the things that turn red when you touch them. I completed a couple of levels, and changed into a few different creatures.

falafel

Yeah, it's quite a cute little thing - more interactive art if you ask me. It's far too easy and short to be described as an actual game though. Reminds me in a way of Electroplankton for the DS. I think I prefer Electroplankton though, it's more varied and portable - although I did thinkg flOw was very pretty indeed, which the DS can't compete with. I think there are about five creatures to play with, and then you get to eat the end credits, which took me all of an hour to get through.

Must get into this online thing again, otherwise my headset is for nought. I've got skate from Lovefilm at the moment, don't know what the online's like on that, and the online of Burnout Paradise just confused me. What's a good online game that isn't Warhawk? Feel like buying one.

Oh, and, for everyone else, if I didn't mention before (and I don't think I did) my tag is falafalmac. I don't have many friends, possibly because all my real-world friends are too poor buy ps3s (as am I, really) and I 'm yet to get stuck into online.

Y'know, I might get the Orange Box - for Team Fortress. Worth it? You're going to say yes, aren't you.