Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PSN: No Subscription Required

Started by Jim Jarmusch, January 24, 2008, 09:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Pseudopath on August 02, 2008, 12:38:52 PM
I don't think there is a limit. I've installed this 320GB drive without problems and many PS3 users seem to have installed this 500Gb drive without problems. You can also get adaptors which allow external drives to act as the internal drive so you're not limited by size, although the result would probably be a bit ugly.

That travelstar drive is 12.5mm high whereas I thought you needed a 9.5mm high one?  That's what has prevented me getting the travelstar so far as I don't want to have to fuck around with the cradle.  I'm waiting until the 500gb samsung spinpoint is widely available, hopefully around the time that Play TV comes onto the market.

Pseudopath

Quote from: aaaaaaaaaargh! on August 02, 2008, 02:15:29 PM
That travelstar drive is 12.5mm high whereas I thought you needed a 9.5mm high one?  That's what has prevented me getting the travelstar so far as I don't want to have to fuck around with the cradle.  I'm waiting until the 500gb samsung spinpoint is widely available, hopefully around the time that Play TV comes onto the market.

Looks like you're right about the TravelStar drive...I've looked around some other forums and people are mentioning the problem with the height, so sorry for any confusion. However, the 320Gb Western Digital one is definitely OK.

Penfold

in the end i got a samsung spinpoint 250gb from www.cclonline.com because it's kind of near where i live and i guess that's important to me.

and a case for the old when i rip it out.

also got a dualshock 3 finally and it feels like a proper controller, good enough to bludgeon housemates with.

now i guess it's time to start uncharted again for precious precious trophies, but first i have some business to take of with super stardust

Quote from: Rubbish Monkey on August 02, 2008, 02:10:41 AM
We really need a good old whore night together, if sparced can get off resistance and the rest of you fuckers can get online. ;¬)

You all don't know what you're missing! I'm up for something different but theres not really much to choose from. GTA, COD4, MGO, Grid, GT5P, Warhawk are the only ones with online.

On the horizon, Mercs 2 (aka GTA: Venezuela), Socom, Farcry 2. Little Big Planet should get us all on together but not till October.

Soul Calibur looks alright maybe get that eventually but would rather hold off for Street Fighter instead.

Playing through Uncharted again at the moment, 42% on the trophies front. I'll get the platinum before anyone else does on here.

Penfold

check your emails as i got a code for the Home beta today

hopefully it won't be rubbish.

Play TV has been delayed until 19th September now apparently and is supposed to cost £70

edit - would you mind PMing me a code for the Home beta please Penfold?

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: aaaaaaaaaargh! on August 15, 2008, 09:56:31 AM
Play TV has been delayed until 19th September now apparently and is supposed to cost £70

Its become less of an essential purchase for me when that they announced they took out the ability to transfer files to PC and PSP. Still, anything that will stop the missus from booting me off the PS3 for Gordon Ramsey and Gok Wan programs can only be a good thing.

The Home invites were sent out randomly by the way.... I didn't get one either

Quote from: Rubbish Monkey on August 16, 2008, 08:16:41 PM
Its become less of an essential purchase for me when that they announced they took out the ability to transfer files to PC and PSP. Still, anything that will stop the missus from booting me off the PS3 for Gordon Ramsey and Gok Wan programs can only be a good thing.

The Home invites were sent out randomly by the way.... I didn't get one either

I read that they were removing the file transfer capability - way to remove the killer app there Sony!

Oh right, I thought the invites were kind of like the gmail ones where you could invite other people.

Penfold

randomly schmandomly.

this better be some kind of reward for the amount of cash i've spent on the playstation store.

i didn't even need feel ski or go ski diving or the infinite amount of paint jobs for motorstorm vehicles.

anyway, sorry aaaaaaaaaargh! it doesn't look like a code i can send out, the email i got said it would only work once, although luckily its now on my PS Store download list so i downloaded it again to my housemate's ps3 in the living room so i could look at it on the hdtv.

and in regards to Home i think.....[¡¡¡CLASSIFIED RESTRICTED SONY INFO CLASSIFIED ERROR FA!L!!!]

Quote from: Penfold on August 16, 2008, 08:44:34 PM
this better be some kind of reward for the amount of cash i've spent on the playstation store.

QuoteSony's official blog reports: 'We will be using a variety of criteria including activity on the PlayStation Network to determine eligibility for the Beta community.

Heh, variety of criteria my arse, I've spent nowt in the store so far so it stands to reason why I don't have an invite.

Played a lot of Warhawk recently just becuase of the introduction of trophies in the recent patch. One in particular was hard to believe. Host a dedicated ranked server and earn a Gold. In Uncharted you only received such an award for completing the game on either Normal, Hard or Crushing for that.

Went down this morning and seen it had two minutes before the magic 4 Hours time limit was up. Watched the countdown and hear the sound of the confirmation appear while eating my Cheerios.

I've nearly got all the "main pack" task bronze trophies so far and I don't even like this game. Bought it back in January and up until two days ago had a grand total of 37 kills and about 260 deaths most of them suicidal flight accidents. In order to gain most of the trophies I've cheated with strangers using the in game XMB but also played a few real games. I've grew to like it a little bit more and tripled my kills total now.

If you can purchase the three additional add ons in one payment from the US store and have it work with your Euro account I'm prepared to pay £8 and see if they make the game any better. I want to enjoy it but find the lack of any match making and unfair skill level of opponents sometimes too difficult to overcome.

Penfold

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=243270

HURRY HURRY!

if you're interested in a LittleBIGplanet beta key.

LOOK AWAY LOOK AWAY!

if you're not.

Shit I should of read that message earlier :-(

It says one remaining but after I click it "Internal Server Error"... so its as good as gone.

chand

Damn, missed that too.

Looking forward to this little game which is coming to PSN at some point, if only for the promise of the title 'Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiv_C2yMyTU

Rubbish Monkey

QuoteD+PAD has teamed up with SCEE to offer our readers a chance to get into the LittleBigPlanet beta currently taking place on PlayStation Network.

We have a limited number of beta keys to give away to lucky readers, and to enter all you need to do is send an email to lbpbeta@dpadmagazine.com with your name and email address. Simple! And if you've entered, why not leave a comment to let us know?

Keys are only valid for UK PSN users, so please don't enter if you reside anywhere else in the world. Sorry about that!

The beta is already up and running and ends on October 12th, giving you plenty of time to try out Sackboy's new adventure.

The competition closes at 6pm BST on Friday 26th September, so make sure to get your entry in before then! Winners will be selected at random at the time of the competition's closure. Good luck!

LittleBigPlanet Beta Giveaway Terms & Conditions:
1. Competition open to UK PSN users only with a valid email address.
2. One entry permitted per person. Multiple entries will be discarded.
3. Closing date for entries is 26th September 2008, 6pm BST.
4. Winners will be selected at random and keys will be sent out within 24 hours of the competition closing.
5. Entrants will be added to D+PAD's mailing list. Your details will not be passed on to any third parties.
6. Editor's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.[/unquote]

http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/09/25/littlebigplanet-beta-key-giveaway/

Penfold

i've been sent a PSN code for a free copy of The Last Guy because i completed a survey about Wipeout.

I've already got it, anyone interested?

no idea if it'll work using a different account but i don't see why it wouldn't.

I'll have if its still on offer...

If anyone wants a Home beta invite PM me.

Home's open beta period started today apparently.  I say "apparently" because I can't seem to bloody well download it from anywhere!  I'm obviously not that great at searching, so if someone could either provide a link or could direct me to the appropriate place in the PSN store I'd be mightily grateful.

Slaaaaabs

Quote from: aaaaaaaaaargh! on December 11, 2008, 09:17:11 PM
Home's open beta period started today apparently.  I say "apparently" because I can't seem to bloody well download it from anywhere!  I'm obviously not that great at searching, so if someone could either provide a link or could direct me to the appropriate place in the PSN store I'd be mightily grateful.

It won't be in the Store, the icon should appear in the XMB for you to select and download.

chand

Quote from: Slaaaaabs on December 11, 2008, 09:20:37 PM
Quote from: aaaaaaaaaargh! on December 11, 2008, 09:17:11 PM

It won't be in the Store, the icon should appear in the XMB for you to select and download.

Yeah, you need to reboot the PS3 and it will just appear on, er, the same menu the Playstation Store is on.

Wasn't there yesterday, honestly!

So, er, what does Home do?  Can someone sum it up in a sentence of 10 words or fewer?

chand

It's basically a fancy online hangout, you make an avatar and you exist in a little world where you can meet up with people. I tried it last night, it gives you a flat which at the moment has fuck-all in it, and you can do things like go over to the theatre and watch game trailers, or go to the bowling alley and play against random people/your friends. I wandered round last night and beat someone at a pool, and played an arcade version of Echochrome. Apparently you'll be able to use it to like, invite people over to your 'house' to watch stuff that's on your hard drive, and you can just hang out and communicate either by text or with a headset. Don't think I'll use it that much, but it seems like a fun diversion, I went to a shopping centre and had an absurd, impromptu dance party with a bunch of strangers in front of a screen which looped a LocoRoco 2 advert. It was weird.

PAGATRON

Think of GTA4 without the killing.
I think it's like 3D facebook or MySpace for PS3 users, if that helps.

People need to have a lot of patience with Home. The launch was weak and for someone who had already been in the beta for two weeks nothing new has been added yet. I've stopped using it until they get it off the ground. The decision to charge for Clubhouses was expected but to hide a undisclosed monthly fee in the terms and conditions that could come into effect after March is wrong.

I read on another forum how Home is basically an analogy of whats wrong with Sony. All three territories are producing different content instead of working together and further wasting their resources. Inside the Japanese Home square there is a Christmas tree and snow on the ground right now. The US division already have more game spaces than us and a Listening@Home music area in their default space. I doubt SOE were even consulted during development.

The Namco Museum beta is available on the JP Store if you want four non functional arcade cabinets in your apartment. They work off XMB with your EU account and win a few extra items.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: Aki Kaurismäki on December 19, 2008, 11:50:58 AM
The Namco Museum beta is available on the JP Store if you want four non functional arcade cabinets in your apartment. They work off XMB with your EU account and win a few extra items.

Mine vanished after the update

Deadman97

From day one of this thread-

Quote from: Jim Jarmusch on January 24, 2008, 11:34:20 PM
Yeah it will grow. Figures suggest that by Summer PS3 sales will have over taken the 360 in Europe despite the seventeen month headstart.

: D

mcbpete

My word, I wasn't expecting the Playstation Home thing to have quite so many 4chan users on it....

Pseudopath

Quote from: Deadman97 on December 21, 2008, 01:18:09 PM
From day one of this thread-

: D

Erm...

The 360 still has a comfortable lead in the UK, but Europe's a big place and they love their PlayStations.

Still Not George

Quote from: Pseudopath on December 21, 2008, 03:24:06 PM
Erm...

The 360 still has a comfortable lead in the UK, but Europe's a big place and they love their PlayStations.

Meh, facts, you can prove anything with those...

Deadman97

Hi all, I'm on PSN as Cranabolic and would love some new friends.

Thanks.