Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The ALL NEW "what are you listening to?" thread!

Started by Vitalstatistix, January 26, 2008, 05:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Don_Preston on August 31, 2009, 09:17:57 AM
There's more than it to that you fool!! What about White Rabbit?

Ah there's plenty of stuff you're gonna enjoy: She Has Funny Cars, My Best Friend, Today, 3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds... Jerry Garcia's all over this one too.

If anything I'd go back and buy the Jefferson Airplane Original Album Classics range. For £19, you can get Takes Off, Surrealistic Pillow, After Bathing at Baxter's, Crown Of Creation and the live Bless It's Pointed Little Head. All expanded with bonus tracks and the like.

I may well look into that. Listened to the album today and absolutely loved it! 'White Rabbit' actually gave me chills as it built up. I dunno if that has anything to do with Dr. Gonzo wanting to be fried alive in a bathtub to the peak of that tune, but it was an experience I've not had with previously unheard music for a long time.

Serge

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 06, 2009, 05:24:27 PMRe: Serge's post and The Units, that was the original name of Jandek's musical output. There are some extraordinarily rare copies of Jandek's first album, "Ready For The House", with the band name credited to The Units, before someone must have mentioned to one of them that they had the same name, and Jandek became Jandek. I just read a review of it where it's claimed there was no cross-pollination between them and Devo - it's not outside the realms of possibility as Devo started in 1974 and their sound is right there in their earliest demos...but it is quite unlikely.

Yeah, I was looking them up online and reading about the Jandek thing. I've still never heard any Jandek....

The Devo thing was just that the vocals sounded similar to me, but a friend of mine said she thought it sounded like David Byrne!

Zwan - Mary Star of The Sea

Haven't heard the album for ages; figured it was time to spin it again.  Regardless of who the band members are and what name's on the box, this still remains the fourth best Smashing Pumpkins record, and even then it's patchy.

alan nagsworth

Kool Keith aka Dr. Dooom aka Dr. Octagon aka one of the greatest vocal MC talents in the game. Truly astounding wordsmith who makes lolrandom Boosh fans shit in their kegs as they try and fail to comprehend the levels of strange behaviour behind his complex rhymes and seemingly spontaneous (but actually extremely well-calculated) prose.

Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Dr. Dooom - First Come, First Served
Kool Keith - Black Elvis/Lost In Space

Three consistently phenomenal hip hop records. One master.

Artemis

Terrific debut album from a new hip hop 'supergroup', bringing together Royce da 5'9" (who I rate as one of the best rappers alive), Joe Budden, Crooked I and Joell Ortiz. Beats are very good indeed, and the lyrics and flow are beyond impressive.

First single is 'The One' - much more Hip-Pop than the rest of the album but enjoyable none the less...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQ3K5GjsSs