Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] Royalty-free samples, and where to find them

Started by alan nagsworth, January 28, 2008, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

http://www.looperman.com
Registration required, but it's not one of those sites that demands you post something in their forums for every one sample you wish to download, which I initially thought it would be. Chock full of REX loops, WAVs, AIFFs etc, and all are fully-previewable and fully-downloadable right from the search results page. There's no pissing about and "continue to download link after this barrage of adverts"... good stuff!

http://www.combinatorhq.com
For Reason users, has a fairly impressive archive of Reason Refills, Combinator instrument and effects patches, and just added: THOR synthesizer patches! Registration required and I'm not sure if it'll ask you after a while to post in their forums to access the library but I've picked up a couple of refills and so far, so good.

Anyone else got any sites they frequent for free samples, patches etc for the makings of the musics?

glitch

MusicRadar has a few, although I've yet to try any of them. I assume they're copies of the ones you get from Computer Music/Future Music but that could also be very very wrong.

Viero_Berlotti

The Freesound Project is a good one. Copyright free stuff under the creative commons licence. You have to register but you don't have to post in the forums or owt.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on January 28, 2008, 02:31:21 PM
The Freesound Project is a good one. Copyright free stuff under the creative commons licence. You have to register but you don't have to post in the forums or owt.

Seconded.

BTW it's just clicked where your avatar text is from. :thumbsup:

Viero_Berlotti

Ginyard

Have a big hunt through the KVR, Vi control and northernsounds forums. There's always links there. A really good idea is just to get the mic out and start sampling everything and anything. I've got literally dozens of hours of solo hits, bang can loops and god knows what else.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on January 29, 2008, 08:34:55 PM
Yeah Chrome Alien Soundtracks. Top album.

Cor! Nice link. I've got their other early albums plus a load of Helios stuff, all on vinyl, but I've never been able to track down a copy of this I could afford. That link to the mp3 will do nicely for the time being - it's got to be better than my poor quality cassette copy. Cheers.

Viero_Berlotti

Yeah, I've got a copy of Alien Soundtracks on vinyl, nicked it off my dad. I remember the day he bought it actually in the mid 80's from HMV in Manchester, it was in the bargain bin for about 50p or something, there were loads of copies. Oh, for a time machine..............

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on January 31, 2008, 09:55:16 AM
Yeah, I've got a copy of Alien Soundtracks on vinyl, nicked it off my dad. I remember the day he bought it actually in the mid 80's from HMV in Manchester, it was in the bargain bin for about 50p or something, there were loads of copies. Oh, for a time machine..............

Waaaah!