Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost season 4

Started by Ginyard, January 29, 2008, 02:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terminallyrelaxed

Whats the episode actually called? I picked up an eztv s4e01but there is also an s4e00 called 'past present and future' as well as 'missing pieces' which I gather are mobisodes. Have the s4e00 people just got their numbers wrong, or what?

Beck

'The Beginning of the End.'

Pogue Mahone

Quote from: terminallyrelaxed on February 02, 2008, 08:52:39 PM
Whats the episode actually called? I picked up an eztv s4e01but there is also an s4e00 called 'past present and future' as well as 'missing pieces' which I gather are mobisodes. Have the s4e00 people just got their numbers wrong, or what?

Lost: Past, Present and Future was a recap episode and is generally available for download under the "s04e00" label. The actual first episode of the new series, The Beginning of the End, should be found under "s04e01".

terminallyrelaxed

Thanks guys. So a recap is a sort of edited best bits of the last few episodes of the last series? I could see how that could be useful as I've forgotten everything, but I'll wing it. Still on 20% so far though.

Artemis

The recap is worth a look. They've done a really good job of setting the scene and giving background, and I detected at least one insight that hadn't already been established.

If anyone is struggling getting hold of Lost episodes, do give me a shout by PM. I hope to be moving house sometime in two or three weeks so I won't be able to keep on providing them every week, but I can point you in the right direction.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Artemis

I have 'no' idea what you're 'talking' about, 'ICA'.

non capisco

Just seeing Lance Reddick in this really made me wish I hadn't watched all those 7 available Wire episodes and didn't have something like a 5 week sodding wait til the next one.

I'm now fully back with 'Lost' after the disappointing series 2 and disappointing first half of series 3 (that episode about Jack's tattoos, I'm looking at you). As others have said, going from flashforward to 'present' looks like it's going to revitalise things a great deal, as the flashforwards are obviously compelling if you've been following the show, as even if they don't reveal anything you're on tenterhooks waiting for them to, and we've finally got a halt on those fucking back stories that were fine for the first series but were for the most part padding by the second.

It would be a nice touch if Dominic Monaghan is still a regular cast member in 'ghost Obi Wan Kenobi' form, as in interviews after series 3 he never alluded to coming back and talked a lot about how he respected the producer's decision to kill Charlie off for the sake of the story. I like the idea of them going 'we haven't sacked you, but don't tell anyone'.

Ja'moke

I read quite a good theory earlier that Kate might not be one of the 'Oceanic Six'. Reason being that she could have promised not to talk about what she knows of the island, it's powers and the people still on it, if in return who ever it is that rescues them erases her criminal record and don't reveal her as one of the survivors and just let her go into hiding, so to speak. This could explain why Jack and Kate's meet-up at the end of the Season 3 finale was very secretive, at the back of an airport, in contrast to Jack and Hurley who met up basically out in the open in the latest episode.

So they could potentially be seven people that leave the island.

Another good theory I read was that it isn't the 'boat people' that rescue the Oceanic Six, but instead it's Michael, in some type of redemption storyline, but he can only manage to save a few before the 'boat people' capture or attack the rest or something.

None of that is confirmed by the way, all just theories I've read.

Pogue Mahone

Hmm... interesting. With that in mind, isn't it entirely possible then that the "Oceanic Six" (or a group of seven including a concealed Kate) aren't the only ones to make it off the island eventually? This label is merely the name given to a group of six survivors by the media and general public based on their possibly-limited knowledge of who actually managed to return from the island. Just because the general public believe there to have been six survivors doesn't mean we have to assume that only six did actually return. As for a reason as to why the return of certain others from the island would also need to be kept under wraps, I'm not too sure.

I'm really looking forward to Michael's comeback and hope it will be fairly soon as I can only assume he'll return to the island and bring lots of answers and revelatory information with him. Who else would he be interacting with on a regular basis (he appears in the credits as a regular after all) throughout this series if not with those on the island? Speaking of Michael, where is Vincent?

Ja'moke

Quote from: Pogue Mahone on February 03, 2008, 10:20:48 PM
Hmm... interesting. With that in mind, isn't it entirely possible then that the "Oceanic Six" (or a group of seven including a concealed Kate) aren't the only ones to make it off the island eventually? This label is merely the name given to a group of six survivors by the media and general public based on their possibly-limited knowledge of who actually managed to return from the island. Just because the general public believe there to have been six survivors doesn't mean we have to assume that only six did actually return. As for a reason as to why the return of certain others from the island would also need to be kept under wraps, I'm not too sure.

I'm really looking forward to Michael's comeback and hope it will be fairly soon as I can only assume he'll return to the island and bring lots of answers and revelatory information with him. Who else would he be interacting with on a regular basis (he appears in the credits as a regular after all) throughout this series if not with those on the island? Speaking of Michael, where is Vincent?

Spoilers regarding Michael (not big spoilers, doesn't spoil anything plot wise but I'm just been safe):
Spoiler alert
It is confirmed that Michael's return will take place within the first 8 episodes. So hopefully we see him real soon.
[close]

chocky909

Speaking of Michael, where is Vincent?

Do you mean Walt? Vincent is the dog. Not that I'm not interested in him, in fact I'd quite like to see Vincent's back story. As far as I know Vincent is roaming the island alone since seperated from Walt and Michael. I'm sure he's popped up once or twice since.

Ginyard

Speaking of Michael, where is Vincent?

Playing fetch with Christian Shepard if that last mobisode was anything to go by.

I think the assumption seems to be that the six all get off together, although that may not actually be how it happens. There's nothing to suggest that they have different paths off the island.

BTW, anybody ever check out The Fuselage?. I've just found it. The guy that plays Hurley posts there. Looks like some deep thinkers hang out there.  I can't handle more than one forum at a time but of you're a real Lost nut it could suit you.

Ja'moke

Jorge Garcia (think that's the name of the guy who plays Hurley) is a pretty cool guy actually, he gets really involved with the fan-theory aspect of the show, I know he's been a guest on the Dharmalars Podcast a few times.

Pogue Mahone

Quote from: chocky909 on February 03, 2008, 11:13:17 PM
Do you mean Walt? Vincent is the dog. Not that I'm not interested in him, in fact I'd quite like to see Vincent's back story. As far as I know Vincent is roaming the island alone since seperated from Walt and Michael. I'm sure he's popped up once or twice since.

Hehe, no, I did mean Vincent actually. I guess I'd just be expecting someone to keep a kind eye out for him or something. Instead, it's just assumed that he'll be fine wandering around a largely unknown and quite dangerous island on his own. Or maybe no-one really cares. Poor Vincent.

Quote from: Ginyard on February 03, 2008, 11:17:39 PMBTW, anybody ever check out The Fuselage?. I've just found it. The guy that plays Hurley posts there. Looks like some deep thinkers hang out there.  I can't handle more than one forum at a time but of you're a real Lost nut it could suit you.

I think I read that Garcia (Hurley) was kindly asked by the writers to either remove or refrain from adding to his online blog. Maybe it was on that site, but they feared that he might unintentionally reveal a bit too much inside information.

Ginyard

Enough of this chat though.

Danielle or her daughter?. Who would you be trying to get in the sack?.

I'm going with the French hunter. Just the thought of being tied up on her electric bed gives me a boner. Lucky fucker that Sayid.

Pogue Mahone

You must be kidding me. She's from the Amélie Mauresmo School of Frenchwomen.

Ginyard

mikeyg27

Quote from: Pogue Mahone on February 04, 2008, 01:41:29 AM
You must be kidding me. She's from the Amélie Mauresmo School of Frenchwomen.

What? Croatian?

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

I'm really looking forward to Michael's comeback

Thanks for this. Prick.

Pogue Mahone

Hey, go easy. The actor's name appears in the credits of the first episode, as originally mentioned by Ja'moke and expanded upon by tony peanuts, so obviously he'll be making a return at some stage to feature as a regular. Dont blame me for letting the cat out of the bag. Regardless, I think it's fine to talk about it; the name is there, clear for all to see.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Pogue Mahone

No need for the brusque sarcasm. I didn't break any of the aforementioned spoiler rules, so to go calling me a prick was completely uncalled for.

Quote from: mikeyg27 on February 04, 2008, 02:09:37 AM
What? Croatian?

Eh? Mauresmo's not Croatian.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Ja'moke

Quote from: Ginyard on February 03, 2008, 11:17:39 PM
BTW, anybody ever check out The Fuselage?. I've just found it. The guy that plays Hurley posts there. Looks like some deep thinkers hang out there.  I can't handle more than one forum at a time but of you're a real Lost nut it could suit you.

I've just had a look over there, there is a crazy but quite logical theory connecting the island to the North Pole. Building up all the references over the seasons, the guys tracking the island at the end of Season 2, the polar bears, "what did one snowman say to the other snowman?", Walt's comic book, Hurley painting an igloo in the latest episode. And this is very far out, but somebody picked up on a 'Ho Ho Ho' in the latest episode...Hurley mentions that he saw Charlie near the Ho's-Ho's in the convenient story, then behind Hurley in the scene with the Oceanic attorney there is a small sculpture of the letters 'HO' and then in the basketball scene near the end with Jack and Hurley and they are playing 'HORSE' but Jack stops after 'HO'. That's really far out, but if that was a subtle clue to Father Christmas = North Pole then that is great.

Oh and the eye in Jacob's Cabin was definitely not Locke's, Jorge Garcia said that it was not one of the regular cast members, it is nobody we know yet.

mikeyg27

Pogue Mahone

Heh, alright, but Rousseau is supposed to be French. Anyway, nothing to get too caught up about.

terminallyrelaxed

QuoteOh and the eye in Jacob's Cabin was definitely not Locke's, Jorge Garcia said that it was not one of the regular cast members, it is nobody we know yet.

I thought it had already been established that it was the prop guy. I would say the prop guy playing Jacob, but as we haven't seen Jacob yet then I'm not writing off the possibility of the Lost writing team being "bored" one week and having Jacob killed by Libby's ghost so she can join souls with Boone's ghost and they can go on a speaking tour which will lead to Jim Robinson bombing the island. And then saying 'Jacob's not dead yet, theres load more we want to do with his character'.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Pogue Mahone on February 04, 2008, 04:15:00 PM
Heh, alright, but Rousseau is supposed to be French. Anyway, nothing to get too caught up about.

There was a video short played at (I think) the Comicon panel which the producers had made, where Sayid had Ben tied up and was asking him about the mysteries of the island like "polar bears, sentient black clouds, and French women with eastern European accents".

ozziechef

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 04, 2008, 03:46:22 PM
I've just had a look over there, there is a crazy but quite logical theory connecting the island to the North Pole. Building up all the references over the seasons, the guys tracking the island at the end of Season 2, the polar bears, "what did one snowman say to the other snowman?", Walt's comic book, Hurley painting an igloo in the latest episode. And this is very far out, but somebody picked up on a 'Ho Ho Ho' in the latest episode...Hurley mentions that he saw Charlie near the Ho's-Ho's in the convenient story, then behind Hurley in the scene with the Oceanic attorney there is a small sculpture of the letters 'HO' and then in the basketball scene near the end with Jack and Hurley and they are playing 'HORSE' but Jack stops after 'HO'. That's really far out, but if that was a subtle clue to Father Christmas = North Pole then that is great.

Oh and the eye in Jacob's Cabin was definitely not Locke's, Jorge Garcia said that it was not one of the regular cast members, it is nobody we know yet.

I assumed the HO stuff was because H is the 8th letter of the alphabet and O the 15 - therefore HO=815