Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Mad Hilarious" Gift Cards

Started by Pogue Mahone, February 02, 2008, 09:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogue Mahone

We're all aware of those truly awful gift cards on sale all year round that you're expected to buy for your mad mate upon passing his driving test, your krazy dad on Father's Day or your fat cunt of an uncle on his birthday. What makes things worse is when you actually have to scramble through bloody shelf-loads of them in order to find a rushed but moderately decent and respectable last-minute purchase underneath this heaving mass of turd. These cards would need to spray out some nitrous oxide when you open them if they were to make me laugh.

The brief discussion here on the issue, coupled with Hank_Kingley's support for a dedicated thread, gave me the urge to give this thread life. The market is indeed saturated. It's hard to even imagine that they all sell. It seems like a terrible waste of cardboard. However, one thing is for certain; we need more of them. And fast. According to an industry expert, "the cards [they] want are the ones that sell, and those are almost without exception about sex, getting pissed, getting older or farting."

Here's my lame effort. I know it's over a month late and all, but still, it plays music when you open it.

<Open card to test.>

I'm sure others can give it a good shot. This important market is depending on your skills.