Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Broken Social Scene

Started by Vitalstatistix, February 13, 2008, 09:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitalstatistix

I came across an upload of two acoustic radio sessions which are really very nice, and thought I'd share the link, and open up any BSS discussion, possibly.

Hopefully this is kosher, as this isn't a commercial release, though if Neil reckons this is dodgy then I will of course remove the link.

Enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9K7V1TC6

Live on Radio Aligre FM, Paris
1. Almost Crimes
2. Baby You're in Luck
3. Starts with a Big Finish
4. Cause = Time
5. Bruised Ghosts
6. Let's Get Out of Here

Live on KCRW
1. Superconnected
2. Handjobs for the Holidays
3. Major Label Debut
4. **Interview**
5. Ibi Dream of Pavement
6. All My Friends
7. Intuition

Upon first listen I think all the songs translate well in pared down versions, but I'm a sucker for acoustic balladry.

actwithoutwords

Thanks for that. Downloading now. I saw a thread about those sessions somewhere else today I think but ignored it.
I really liked You Forgot It In People. Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl is one of the loveliest songs ever. Swoonsome.
Unfortunately, I don't really like the follow up at all. It was kind of annoying that it got so much attention and critical praise when it was clearly a step down from its predecessor. I think a lot of it had to do with critics either underrating or failing to notice YFIP at all and trying to make up for it.

Not putting the fast version of Major Label Debut on the album struck me as strangely arrogant. Basically implying, before the album had even been released, that "this song is sooooo good and is going to be so catchy and popular that we don't want it to be an albatross". Seriously, fuck off with that kind of talk. That diminished my affection for them a bit. Seeing them for the first time at ATP though, which I am looking forward to. Apparently they can be amazing live, if a bit self-indulgent.

Vitalstatistix

Yeah haven't given that a chance yet, I can't stop listening to You Forgot It... Such a great album. Really looking forward to catching them at ATP.

Little Hoover

thankyou very much for that vitalstatistix

Cack Hen

The output from the girls in the band is better than the bands stuff generally. I find a lot of their stuff a bit boring, You Forgot It is such an overrated album (IN MY SILLY OPINION) but hey everybody seems to love it. Almost Crimes is fantastic, though.