Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Obscurest Armando thing ever? (if true!)

Started by Village Branson, April 15, 2004, 02:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Village Branson

Cast your minds back to when on Armistice, Armando and his cru tried to artifically inflate (or deflate) the price of coffee on the London stock exchange, by a variety of mischevious methods including stealing traders' uniforms and paying off Working Lunch presenters to put out false stories?

Ok.

Well if I've got it right, around this time, Armando Iannuci was on Newsnight, though about what I don't know (may have even been the coffee scam).

If anyone knows anything about this then please let me know. My hopes aren't too high for getting a copy, but if you don't ask...

benthalo

He's done far more obscure things!

The Newsnight footage crops up in the Armistice itself and as I recall he refers to the incident on Christian O'Connell's Breakfast Show in 2002 where he stated that he never wants to see "a serious political programme with me on it". He's usually asked to come on and talk about satire in some way or another, but he took this opportunity entirely as an excuse to extend the coffee scam. I never saw the actual broadcast itself.

Village Branson

Ah, so the footage was on Armistice, but I was wondering if anyone had seen the newsnight broadcast with him in? It wasn't shown in full on Armistice, and it's the rest of the interview that I'd like to see.

And if no one has this, then I'm sticking to my claims about it being the obscurest thing of his, until someone pops up with a clip from his very early days on scottish radio or something.

Neil

Try the collab page, TJ put up a clip of "No' The Archie McPherson Show" last year.