Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:34:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Liverpool Meet? Yes please!

Started by explodingvinyl, March 16, 2008, 11:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

explodingvinyl

What it says on the tin, kids. Who wants to rock it City-of-Culture-2008-style? I know I do.

I'm thinking the weekend of April 5th, anyone in?

djtrees

Bah if you do it the weekend before you can come to a fantastic free gig! Yes free. If you are stuck on that weekend then I'll be in Sunny That France or Holland. So I think you should do it the previous weekend.

no_offenc

As long as LordNivets doesn't turn up again.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Oh god.  As long as it's not like the last one.  That complete mentalist turned up.

I want to go visit my mate in Liverpool, so maybe.

no_offenc

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on March 16, 2008, 11:41:36 PM
Oh god.  As long as it's not like the last one.  That complete mentalist turned up.

I want to go visit my mate in Liverpool, so maybe.

Pulling out your own fingernails and teeth would be more fun than sitting with Mr. Bag-of-speed.  Other than him it was a lot of fun as far as I can remember (which, to be fair, isn't very far as I was shitfaced).

Ronnie the Raincoat

Quote from: no_offenc on March 16, 2008, 11:45:02 PM
Pulling out your own fingernails and teeth would be more fun than sitting with Mr. Bag-of-speed.  Other than him it was a lot of fun as far as I can remember (which, to be fair, isn't very far as I was shitfaced).

I was eventually shitfaced too!  Luckily, I no longer drink so I won't be shitfaced again! (3 months, hurrah!)

Yes, he was well scary. 

explodingvinyl

No more crazy Bag o' Speed types please.

Umm, I'm only choosing that weekend because I'm off and FM will be over (more than likely), if more people can do the weekend before or afer, I'm fine with it. Though I will hit you in the face, your choice.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Who was mr. bag of speed? How many posts does he have on here?

djtrees

Also Mr Vinyl I think that weekend (5th) is the Grand National, which means that 300 million people will be attempting to come to Liverpool. I'm not trying to shit on your idea by any means though. Although it is a fucking stupid one.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 16, 2008, 11:59:09 PM
Who was mr. bag of speed? How many posts does he have on here?

He was called Lordnevets, and he had about 3 posts.  We had a massive row on here which led to the Liverpool Meet thread being locked.  He sat at the table, when none of us knew him, told very tall tales and doled out speed in a quiet little pub.

no_offenc

Perhaps another weekend then if town's going to be full of idiots?  Though to be fair it always fucking is anyway.

explodingvinyl

Well yeah, I know it's National weekend cos that's why I'm off. I presume we wont be wanting to go to the sodding Adelphi or what have you though, right? Like I said I'm happy to make it the weekend before or afer, whenever.

Artemis

Hmmm, I will be very far away but do enjoy long trips and adventures and I will probably be free that weekend, so put me down as a maybe, but I'm going to need somewhere to stay. Don't worry, I'm quite normal. I will watch you sleeping, but I won't do anything to you.

djtrees

Ahh ok Mr's (oops) Vinyl wasn't sure if you were not aware of the National, if you are heading over especially for it then ignore my naysayery.

explodingvinyl

Bah, it's Miss Vinyl.
I work in Liverpool, so I've got the weekend off because of the national. I'm just saying that we're probably not going to be going to the same places as the National people. For example, we could start off in the old Cali then head down to Ye Craic or whatever. You're not going to get the typical Grand National fuckwits in either of those places. Or the Pilgrim, or The Swan.   

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: djtrees on March 17, 2008, 12:16:06 AM
Ahh ok Mr Vinyl wasn't sure if you were not aware of the National, if you are heading over especially for it then ignore my naysayery.
I'll come along, obviously, as I'll be there anyway but it'll be cool seeing more CaBbers.

no_offenc

Ye Cracke is a good option as long as people steer clear of Biddenens.  That stuff eats through the varnish on the tables.

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 17, 2008, 12:20:51 AM
Bah, it's Miss Vinyl.
I work in Liverpool, so I've got the weekend off because of the national. I'm just saying that we're probably not going to be going to the same places as the National people. For example, we could start off in the old Cali then head down to Ye Craic or whatever. You're not going to get the typical Grand National fuckwits in either of those places. Or the Pilgrim, or The Swan.   

It all depends on which day - Saturday in town post-6 pm is going to be absolutely rammed wherever you go.  Friday on the other hand...

explodingvinyl

True story.

My vote is for post-work friday. Though that does shaft everyone who wants to come in from further afeidl. If there is anyone.

Artemis

I wouldn't be able to come if it was on Friday, but I may not come anyway, even if it's on Saturday, so don't shift anything about on my account.

eluc55

If I have the money, I might come.

Kelvin

buttgammon

I'm a maybe, but it all depends on the date, the time, transport etc. I'd like to go to a meet though and Liverpool's the closest place to me where there would realistically be one.

Artemis

Quote from: buttgammon on March 17, 2008, 01:22:27 AM
I'd like to go to a meet though

Me too. I'd like to meet the people I'm friendly with here, and also put the (true) story of the meet I went into in Brighton, only to turn around and walk out without introducing myself, to the grave.

Ronnie the Raincoat

I'll be travelling from London, but I'd like to come because I've been meaning to visit Liverpool/Manc friends for ages.

Someone get Darrell and Ben Ordinary to come!

I live in Liverpool and wouldn't consider going.

the midnight watch baboon

I might come over the pennines from Yorks on the train for a bit I like that journey

explodingvinyl

Quote from: the midnight watch baboon on March 17, 2008, 07:49:21 AM
I might come over the pennines from Yorks on the train for a bit I like that journey

It's a lovely journey isn't it? One of my favourites. Makes me feel nostalgic for the Odle English Contryside days of Yore etc.

Right, so my suggestion is FRIDAY APRIL 4th, whatever time people can get there from work or what have you.

Clone Army

You're doing it wrong, we're supposed to debate for 8 pages about what day is optimal for people to have "other things" come up, first!

explodingvinyl

OK, here's a radical thought, how about we bypass that completely? I know it's pretty off the wall.

Can you come?

Clone Army

Not since I started taking Cack Hen's medication.

Badum-tish

(Also: maybe)