Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:17:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Liverpool Meet? Yes please!

Started by explodingvinyl, March 16, 2008, 11:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_offenc

A friday would be much better as it doesn't promote early-afternoon boozing like the Saturday ones have done.  's got my vote.

ffogems

I'd love to come. It's a bit of a haul but I have somewhere to stay and it's an opportunity to nostalgically sight-see for a bit. Put me down for a possible.

edit -Although if you do have to change the date the following weekend works much better for me.

Artemis

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 17, 2008, 09:22:17 AM
Right, so my suggestion is FRIDAY APRIL 4th, whatever time people can get there from work or what have you.

I will have to declare myself out then, sadly.

Emma Raducanu

Make it April 13th and I'll be in the Sandon, handing out free speed.

Ronnie the Raincoat

If it's a Friday, I'm out, sorry.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What the fuck's wrong with early afternoon boozing?!

Emma Raducanu

Nothing! In fact a couple of ciders, a few hours of virtual poker and Don't get dun get Dom is my idea of a perfect day.

explodingvinyl

It doesn't have to be that weekend. It's purely because I have it off and I started the thread. I have no problem with trying to get the following saturday off if that makes anyone happier/more likely to come?

buttgammon

I could do a Friday night so it makes no difference to me. Though I'm a maybe anyway, depends on whether I have any other engagements.

Artemis

Any Saturday is good for me providing I can find somewhere to crash, and any  Friday is not, simply because of the travel involved.

Emma Raducanu

If you stay in the Adelphi, remember to bring a torch of else you'll never find your room.

buttgammon

The Adelphi? I think for most travelling 'Whores it'll be the 'Formule 1' hotel opposite the Albert Dock more like!

Artemis

I'm not staying in any hotel! If one of you Whores can't lend a piece of floor for a few hours, I'll probably come up then get the last train home. It's a hell of a way for two or three hours, but shucks, you 'guise' are worth it. That does mean an afternoon start time would be handy, though.

Emma Raducanu

Forget the torch then. A buttplug will do fine.

explodingvinyl

Quote from: buttgammon on March 17, 2008, 05:11:18 PM
I could do a Friday night so it makes no difference to me. Though I'm a maybe anyway, depends on whether I have any other engagements.

Engagements!? You're twelve!!!

Hum. I would offer my floor except I live with my parents.

Artemis

Quote from: DolphinFace on March 17, 2008, 05:32:15 PM
Forget the torch then. A buttplug will do fine.

Hahaha, well I have one of those in all the time anyway, as a matter of course.

buttgammon

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 17, 2008, 05:52:42 PM
Engagements!? You're twelve!!!

Hum. I would offer my floor except I live with my parents.

I'm a bit older than twelve (actually, not really)! And I was deliberately being pretentious by saying 'engagements'. By that I meant some annoying family function I may be obliged to attend, that kind of thing.

no_offenc

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 17, 2008, 04:59:10 PM
What the fuck's wrong with early afternoon boozing?!

Nothing!  I just wound up remarkably shitfaced last time round and would like to have some semblance of dignity left by the end of the evening.  If it's a Saturday afternoon then no worries, if it's a week afternoon then (presuming I'm still unemployed when it happens) errr, no worries still.

EDIT: Yeah the Formule 1 is meant to be a complete dump.  There's a backpacky hostel thing off Hardman street that's probably just as unsafe but at least you don't have to walk down Wapping to get there.

shiftwork2

Quote from: buttgammon on March 17, 2008, 05:21:37 PM
The Adelphi? I think for most travelling 'Whores it'll be the 'Formule 1' hotel opposite the Albert Dock more like!

Is this place still 20 quid a night for how ever many people you can cram in?  When I stayed there they asked dodgy-looking people for a cash deposit which they kept beneath the desk in a sealed envelope.

explodingvinyl

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 17, 2008, 06:35:17 PM
Is this place still 20 quid a night for how ever many people you can cram in?  When I stayed there they asked dodgy-looking people for a cash deposit which they kept beneath the desk in a sealed envelope.

Blimey. Blimey. BLIMEY.

shiftwork2

explodingvinyl

CaledonianGonzo

I'm staying at the YHA at Albert Docks on a non-Verbwhore-related beano to ver 'pool at the beginning of June and it looks pretty fit for purpose. 

http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/north-west-cities/hostels/liverpool/index.aspx

B&B for 20 sheets..

Goldentony

Just go to Jamaica House, i hear that's pretty nice

explodingvinyl

You are a bad, bad man.

The YHA is a good plan, I'd forgotten about that.

shiftwork2

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 17, 2008, 07:09:21 PM
http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/fichehotel/gb/for/3484/fiche_hotel.shtml

Apparently only £33 a night. Bargain.

The deal with the rooms (if I remember rightly) is a double bed with a single 'bunk' above it so it legally sleeps three but no one was counting.  11 quid a night...blurring the line between sleeping rough and getting a hotel.  The chain is pretty much stripped-down Ibis (there's always one next door) so everything was clean and modern enough, just very basic.  One does not get a bathroom just a sink.  I've stayed in less comfortable places three times the price.

djtrees

If there are different dates that people are thinking about doing this at then I might be available to share my spare room. I'm not a massive weirdo - I don't think-  however I do realise that offering my spare room to strange internet types kind of implies that I am. If anyone wants "not a massive weirdo" references then just ask No_Offence or G.T. I know their real names not off the internet and everything.

However this is all dependent on dates as I am away until the arse end of April.

PS - still a free gig on the 28th of March if anyone is contemplating before the stated date.

no_offenc

Yes Mr. Trees is lovely.  And that gig will be fucking fantastic as well.  Didn't realise it was free.  I'm just that observant.

dr beat

I´m up for a meet in the ´Pool.  Whats the current situation re: the date? FWIW the 4th/5th might be a bit problematic (but by no means impossible).  Ideal for me would be the 12th Apr.

rudi

I'll be watching St Pauli. Have a lovely time, chaps.