Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Liverpool Meet? Yes please!

Started by explodingvinyl, March 16, 2008, 11:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Could we please settle on a date soon, because the earlier you buy them, the cheaper train tickets are. Thank you.

no_offenc

Oooh touchy.  But a very good point.  I think we should figure out a time to meet as well, so those of us who aren't from Liverpool don't wind up getting lost and whatnot.  Or it ends up like the last Manchester meet where there were two groups of us.  That was RIDICULOUS.  Even more so when it turned out we'd been in Corbieres at the same time and then in the Temple at the same fucking time too.

Any pub suggestions?  I would say Ye Cracke or the Fly In The Loaf.

Small Man Big Horse

I'd love to come to this but having checked out the train fares (and my bank balance) today, I just can't afford it which is a real shame. I'd definitely be up for a London meet sometime though, and I hope everyone who does go has a great time.

explodingvinyl

Saturday 12th April sounds fine to me. Even if I can't get it off, I'll be out around 11ish.

dr beat

Thats good for me.  Count me in if that date stands, I´m over to Manchester the night before to see Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, so its easy enough to head westwards on the Saturday.

Ronnie the Raincoat

olafr

'Liverpool meet' sounds like something a bloke would try and sell you in a rough pub.

no_offenc

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on March 18, 2008, 03:57:20 PM
Add a poll.

But polls lead to arguments and confusion and then usually about two thirds of the people who say they're going not turning up!

Actually that's par for the course for this place anyway, isn't it?

Garam

I'll head along, since i'll undoubtedly be in one of Dale St's pubs on whatever day it is anyway. I'd second Fly in the Loaf, cause it's decent, but i'm getting a bit bored of it, so I'll second Ye Cracke instead, for the name alone.

And I have a floor if anyone fancies sleeping on it, but it doesn't look especially comfortable... I had an airbed but i got frustrated and popped it, so the dirty floor is it.

Artemis

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 17, 2008, 11:21:13 PM
I'd love to come to this but having checked out the train fares (and my bank balance) today, I just can't afford it which is a real shame. I'd definitely be up for a London meet sometime though, and I hope everyone who does go has a great time.

Virgin Trains are running a promotion in conjunction with the Daily Mail for cheap tickets between London and Liverpool. You have to look through their site here, but if you hunt around you can presently get a ticket from Euston to Liverpool on 12th April daytime for an amazing £7.50, and a return the next day for £17.50, total cost: £25.

The cost for a standard saver return is £62.60, so that's quite a saving. Just need to sort out accommodation.

Go With The Flow

I'll be up for this as well - I know a few of your faces too so I shouldn't end up with the wrong people!

no_offenc

dr beat

Are we sticking with the 12th April? If so I should be able to meet anytime and anywhere.

neveragain

I must admit I will be about the vicinity during that time, so 'party on' as they say. Let's get a list of attendees together, for the sake of it.

no_offenc

I would say it'd be an idea for everyone who is coming by train to meet in or near Lime Street station and then maybe club together for a cab to Ye Cracke (or whichever pub in that area is the first port of call) as it's a bit of a traipse to be honest.  I vote for that pub but only if we get to sit in the War Room.

I'd also vote for the Fly In The Loaf but the beer's a bit pricey in there.  Near-London prices as far as I'm aware.

Anyway, I am "going" to this "event".  Like it or not.

eluc55

Doesn't look like Crease and I will be coming now I'm afraid. Hopefully the London meet won't be too far off though.

dr beat

QuoteI would say it'd be an idea for everyone who is coming by train to meet in or near Lime Street station and then maybe club together for a cab to Ye Cracke (or whichever pub in that area is the first port of call) as it's a bit of a traipse to be honest.  I vote for that pub but only if we get to sit in the War Room.

Sounds like a plan, what time do you reckon?

explodingvinyl

I will most likely have to meet you all after work (Around 11.30). Will we be out in a club at that point? Or a bar perhaps?

dr beat

QuoteI will most likely have to meet you all after work (Around 11.30). Will we be out in a club at that point? Or a bar perhaps?

That would be ok for me - I'll probably be staying in Widnes that night so I'd be up for staying around if thats the consensus

no_offenc

I'll more than likely be slumped in a corner snoring by that time, wherever we all wind up.  We need a list of who's going and who's likely to be staying out late and whatnot I think.  I'm certainly up for it, hopefully my meagre amount of cash will stretch across the day.

explodingvinyl

Quote from: no_offenc on March 25, 2008, 12:20:47 PM
I'll more than likely be slumped in a corner snoring by that time, wherever we all wind up.  We need a list of who's going and who's likely to be staying out late and whatnot I think.  I'm certainly up for it, hopefully my meagre amount of cash will stretch across the day.

Are you taking the piss? If you early folks meet up at 6pm or whatever, then you'll still be awak at 11.30.

I MIGHT be able to get the saturday off. MIGHT. I'll ask.

Famous Mortimer

I think it'll be a fat stack of fun. I will be out late, when things get messy and when CaBbers make unwise drunken confessions. *checks his phone can record sound*

no_offenc

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 25, 2008, 12:43:57 PM
Are you taking the piss? If you early folks meet up at 6pm or whatever, then you'll still be awak at 11.30.

I MIGHT be able to get the saturday off. MIGHT. I'll ask.

I was taking the piss, yes.

explodingvinyl

no_offenc

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 25, 2008, 01:16:52 PM
Oh, good.

I actually did wind up falling asleep in the Krazyhouse after the Liverpool meet in 2005, though.  But we'd been out since about 2 in the afternoon so there you go.  Not doing that again.  The "going to the Krazyhouse" thing, I mean.  Yergh.

explodingvinyl

My suggestion would be LeBateau. Or... no. That's it.

no_offenc

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 25, 2008, 01:34:09 PM
My suggestion would be LeBateau. Or... no. That's it.

It's a good suggestion.  There're no other even semi-decent places to go on a Saturday night in town as far as I'm aware.

explodingvinyl

I really want to put on a club night on a saturday when I get myself sorted. Don't Meshuggy do something once a month on a saturday?

dr beat

Le Bateau would be good - haven't been there in ages.  I also went to Heebiejeebies for the first time in ages about a month ago - quite good if you're into soul/funk and that, although it got rammed later on.

Neville Chamberlain

Why don't you meet on the old Brookside set?