Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CCTV is a good thing.

Started by fol de rol, March 19, 2008, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

I know its very tempting to label all politicans as utter bumwits, but they really are good at the drip feed. They know full well that making some big issue about compulsary id cards will lose them loads of votes. That's why they choose to be more subtle and make ID something that slowly but surely becomes necessary for even the most innocuous of transaction. ID is about forcing people to comply, its about infiltrating public life via the back door and making itself such a part of the furniture that people will no longer object.

Unless they are the same people that put there lives on line to defeat fascism in the 40's. I'm reckoning those few survivors will be less impressed with the 'settlement' we all have to live with today.

Pinball

The UK government is turning our lives into a series of "24". Marvellous.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Pinball on March 20, 2008, 11:24:52 PM
The UK government is turning our lives into a series of "24". Marvellous.

Sounds good to me!

rudi

You'll always be my Kim Bauer, El...

*bump*

Was Biggy on this team?

QuoteDOCUMENTARY: Dom Joly's Complainers
On: five (105)
Date: Monday 14th April 2008
Time: 22:00 to 23:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long)

Comedian Dom Joly and a crack team of 'complainers' set about tackling the myriad irritations of modern life. Dom wages a one-man war against CCTV. He travels to Coventry to see some 'talking cameras', finds out why a virtually crime-free town in Devon needs expensive surveillance equipment and tries to reclaim his image from the people who are watching him.

Wasn't sure whether to bump this thread or this one. Both have similar levels of scare-mongering.

Hank_Kingsley

Dom Joly's on Five nowadays? Hmmm.