Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Easter Eggs

Started by alan nagsworth, March 20, 2008, 03:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

This weekend is Easter weekend and rather than gorging on chocolate and mincing about celebrating the day Jesus April Fools'd those Jews, I'd like to go on a digital egg hunt. That's right, this thread is for discussing the locations of your favourte DVD easter eggs. Hopefully this thread will survive long enough for the Cloverfield DVD release as waste of chops kindly informed us it will be chock full of hidden goodies.

I've only ever been smart/patient enough to discover two easter eggs in my lifetime, and they're both on The League Of Gentlemen DVDs. I don't know if the menu layout is different on separate issues but I discovered these on the discs that come in the 'Complete League Of Gentlemen' boxset. The first one I found was on the Xmas Special disc, selecting the hangman in the top left of the screen takes you to a password prompt page. The password (which escapes me at the moment) is revealed in the episode itself when Stella goes to the secret meeting place to plot against husband Charlie.

You know, now I think about it, I can't remember the end result of this 'egg'. Someone will have to confirm this unless I remember to do it later.

The second one I discovered was on the series 3 disc. I really like Joby Talbot's work for TLOG and the menu music composed mostly on piano is no exception to my fondness, it's a great song. So great that I decided to stick it out and listen till the end. Right at the end of the song, a pendant-like shape appears on the right hand side of the menu. Selecting this lets you watch a 20-minute video of various cast members carrying a camcorder about and candidly filming the antics of the crew and the filming process itself.

Ok, so they're not that exciting but I love hidden bonuses and am looking forward to other peoples' contributions. There's bound to be some on BrassEe and The Day Today amongst other good comedy DVDs so let's be havin' 'em!

Mr Faineant

i've never found any at all, so i'm now relying on you people to do the hard work for me. good thread idea nags!

George Oscar Bluth II

I assume that everyone knows about the 9/11 bit on the Day Today?

Beck

Mm, TDT's got a few - off the top of my head there's also the cast reunion, Coogan interview, Bushwhacked, two Partridge chats, Collaterlie Sisters interview and those 'AV Describers,' and Brass Eye's got that BES outtake. Apparently there's loads on the Jam DVD but I've only found one or two, anybody know how many there are exactly?

My favourites are the ones on the Seinfeld DVDs - loads of great stuff hidden away on those, particularly when they're talking about episodes that didn't happen like 'The Gun,' and also the whole Julia Louis-Dreyfus/Tom Arnold thing.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Beck on March 20, 2008, 06:52:39 AM
Mm, TDT's got a few - off the top of my head there's also the cast reunion, Coogan interview, Bushwhacked, two Partridge chats, Collaterlie Sisters interview and those 'AV Describers,' and Brass Eye's got that BES outtake. Apparently there's loads on the Jam DVD but I've only found one or two, anybody know how many there are exactly?

My favourites are the ones on the Seinfeld DVDs - loads of great stuff hidden away on those, particularly when they're talking about episodes that didn't happen like 'The Gun,' and also the whole Julia Louis-Dreyfus/Tom Arnold thing.

Yes but where are they damn it!!

Famous Mortimer

Sadly, the only ones I've found are on series 1 and 2 of "Dirty Sanchez". Move the cursor around hither and yon til it looks like it's disappeared, press enter and an extra bit of them branding each other, or other such wacky fun-times, comes up. 

buttgammon

I've never discovered any for myself, but I've seen The Day Today easter eggs thanks to something on here eons ago when the DVD first came out.

Apart from that, no more Easter eggs.

Looknorth

Quote from: buttgammon on March 20, 2008, 11:34:35 AM

Apart from that, no more Easter eggs.

BG, I've bought you one. I was going to give you one in the chatroom tonight.
Love Mum

buttgammon

Awwww, thank you very much! But all I asked of you was that you stopped watching Men and Motors noisily late at night when I'm trying to listen to CaB Radio, Mummy.

There aren't any men on it, by the way. Sorry to disappoint you.

Looknorth

Quote from: buttgammon on March 20, 2008, 11:43:29 AM
Awwww, thank you very much! But all I asked of you was that you stopped watching Men and Motors noisily late at night when I'm trying to listen to CaB Radio, Mummy.

Nagsy, I'm only 33, like it or not, your mother is a red-blooded woman who is also aroused by skantily clad wimmin.

jaydee81

Quote from: Beck on March 20, 2008, 06:52:39 AM

Oooo I've never seen the Collaterlie Sisters one. I did particularly enjoy Peter O'Hanrahanahan describing the world summit at the WTC on 9/11 from his hotel room, oblibious to the events outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWgodul_E

BJB

Quote from: nagsworth on March 20, 2008, 03:25:55 AM

I've only ever been smart/patient enough to discover two easter eggs in my lifetime, and they're both on The League Of Gentlemen DVDs. I don't know if the menu layout is different on separate issues but I discovered these on the discs that come in the 'Complete League Of Gentlemen' boxset. The first one I found was on the Xmas Special disc, selecting the hangman in the top left of the screen takes you to a password prompt page. The password (which escapes me at the moment) is revealed in the episode itself when Stella goes to the secret meeting place to plot against husband Charlie.

You know, now I think about it, I can't remember the end result of this 'egg'. Someone will have to confirm this unless I remember to do it later.

Its a clip from a student film they made "before they were famous". If you want the whole thing though....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvaD0CXMJ3Q[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh-E0LcjIg0[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqwt-PWTsrA[/youtube]

Fans will notice a lot of pre league voices and looks. And its always nice to see Jermy Dyson get off his ass and do some acting.

Oh, and if you want more camcorder footage, go on the second series disc 2, go down to "Missing" and press left on your remote. You need a number to get in. "Its real easy to remember".

BJB

Easter eggs that left me dissapointed: the Rocky Horror DVD has an easter egg where it claims to show the film in richard o briens orginal form. Where the film would open in black and white al'a the wizard of oz. Then the first colour to appear would be Franks red lips upon first seeing him. After Sweet Transvestie had finished the movie would then jump straight to colour. This was deemed to difficult to acheive by 20th century fox at the time and was cast aside.

On the DVD, it starts off in black and white BUT jumps to colour when Brad And Janet burst thourgh the doors at the beginnnig of the time warp. Now, this may sound like geeky fanboys moaning, but i do think its rather lazy when they could easily acheive the red lips effect today.

BJB

For anyone who owns the Garth Marenghi DVD, (just me, alright then), searching 19 gives you access to Andrew Gillmans lovley score of the programme.