Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Isn't Music Great?

Started by Silver SurferGhost, February 02, 2004, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, is it or what?

Yes
22 (84.6%)
No, I prefer drugs, just drugs
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: February 02, 2004, 06:42:50 PM

Silver SurferGhost

Test.
If you like though, tell us all about your favourite bands.

And don't just list the fuckers, convince us of their worth and make us want to buy all their albums.

But do it nice and slowly and gently for now, alright?

imitationleather

Quote from: "Silver SurferGhost"
But do it nice and slowly and gently for now, alright?

Ah, Silver SurferGhost, you sound just like a father advising punters on usage of his newly prozzied-up daughter. It brings a tear to my eye... And hers.

Well, I've started early this evening.

Silver SurferGhost

I don't care immy, over the last week or so we've bonded I tells yer, and I'll never let you forget it.

The poll option's working then.

Speciality meat product

Not sure really, i'm quite partial to a bit of silence.

Followed by a walk through the park, then a scone and a cup of tea.

test. and all that.

elderford

I had a job interview yesterday, and on the way to and from I was wired into tiny portable music bringing me the new expanded deluxe edition of Dragnet by The Fall.

Oh, how I held my head high, I was like a God.

Sonic Armour shielding me from the hum-drum of a wet morning in Stoke.

Dr David V

Music is great. It's the most popular thing in the world. Find me one person who doesn't like music of any kind, I dare you. If you do, kill the joyless fucker immediately. I'm not joking.

My parents don't listen to music. I can't quite understand that. It's one of my favourite things to enjoy.

Des Nilsen

Spaced Cadet

You don't need drugs to enjoy music kids!

imitationleather

No, you just need them to enjoy life!

Spaced Cadet

Quote from: "imitationleather"No, you just need them to enjoy life!

That's what I thought until I discovered Jesus.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"There's a Pink Floyd webzine called Spare Bricks which I've been enjoying for a while now and an archived page of Gilmour, Guitars & Gear - a very useful set of old articles on Pink Floyd Guitarist David Gilmour's guitars and playing technique, with helpful mentions of his effects and amps.
Thanks for those!  Although I'd never bothered to look closely at which Strats DG liked to use, I too was like the unnamed boyfriend in the piece who was under the impression that *all* CBS Strats were shit.  Mind you I did know that the shitness started in about 1973, but I assumed that *that* was when CBS bought Fender, not eight years earlier.

Will read more of this stuff later.

morgs

Music is everything.  Right now I am playing the new Air CD which is just perfect chill-out at 10 past midnight on a Saturday night.  Music remains the most powerful influence on my moods.  Before my GCSE's way back in 1988 I used to play Marillion - Garden Party right before leaving the house.  It used to give me a real buzz and as I lived within 5 minutes of my High School I would still have the buzz when I got into the exam hall.  Beats being drugged up.

For me there are certain groups or albums which may be universally panned but for me they just hit the right note - I still buy every Marillion release and see them live - This Strange Engine and Cathedral Walls send a shiver down my spine whenever I play them.  I fully accept that one man's music is another man's boghole (and woman's of course)... that's why I reserve the right to fucking detest Simply Red.

If I am really down and I want to stay that way I can play Please Let me get what I want [The Smiths]or Everything's Ruined [Faith No More].  If I need to get out of that mood, God show me magic! [Super Furry Animals] or Jackass [Beck]can immediately lift the cloud.

The fact that I have spent money on buying over a thousand CDs during the past 19 years seems to freak some people out. However, for me it is as important as food, or maybe Beer.

Or chocolate.