Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:46:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whatever happened to ethnic jokes?

Started by Searchlight, April 04, 2008, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suttonpubcrawl

Q: What do you call a black man employed in the police?
A: A police helicopter pilot.

Q: What do you call a black man employed in the medical profession?
A: An air ambulance pilot.

Q: What do you call a black man employed in the television news business?
A: A news chopper pilot.

Q: What do you call a black man employed in the aviation industry?
A: A helicopter pilot.

chocky909

I sometimes tell this one to people to test their reactions (or something) but only once I know them quite well. It's pretty nasty but it's well constructed. It's one of Bernard Manning's I believe.

A black man walks into pub with a parrot on his shoulder. Landlord says, "Where'd you get that from mate?". Parrot says, "Africa mate, there's fucking millions of them"

I'm not racist.

Suttonpubcrawl

Q: What do you call a black man who works as an airline pilot?
A: Race traitor.

Q: What do you call a white woman married to a black man?
A: A helicopter pilot's wife.

mister_enmity

I remember hearing this one a couple of years back. 

Who is the fastest person in the world?

A Somali with a dinner ticket.

I found this a bit funny, even though I am of Somali origin and I was like 12 when I first heard it.

Analrapist

Q: What happens when you let a white person fly a helicopter?
A: Colin McRae.

Suttonpubcrawl

Q: Who is the fastest person in the world?
A: A Somali in the fastest helicopter in the world.

ThickAndCreamy

I don't get a single one of these helicopter jokes, someone please explain.

Analrapist

Q: What do you call someone who doesn't get black helicopter pilot jokes?
A: TheFatBloke.

Suttonpubcrawl

Q: What does a black man do if he becomes homeless?
A: Sleeps in his helicopter.

Analrapist

Q: Why can Barack Obama never be president?
A: Because there's no helicopter big enough to replace Air Force One.

Saucer51

Quote from: TheFatBloke on April 04, 2008, 12:57:38 PM
I have never found them funny, however jokes about other countries can be. Jokes that revolve around asians and blacks etc. just simply end up seeming crap or too easy to make. Also the majority of people who seem to tell them are usually ignorant idiots.

But why are we given virtual carte blanche to joke about the Germans and French, and they in return, about us? Why is this acceptable but joking about the Nigerians is not? It's like the double standard that enables us to call an Australian an Aussie but is a virtual criminal offence to call a Pakistani a p**i. Both are example's of the shortening of the longer place names.
Germans call Britons Island Monkeys and the Chinese call us Ghosts. I couldn't care less and in some instances might even celebrate these nicknames.
To me there seems to be a pecking order. Jokes about Jews and Japanese are sort of accepted. Is this because both of these cultures are prosperous and in need of no assistance?
Jokes about Americans are practically obligatory, in the same way that jokes about the British once were. Are racist jokes all about little countries letting off frustration and can in no way be reciprocated?

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: Saucer51 on April 05, 2008, 05:32:15 PMIt's like the double standard that enables us to call an Australian an Aussie but is a virtual criminal offence to call a Pakistani a p**i. Both are example's of the shortening of the longer place names.

You're not really this stupid, are you? Please tell me you're not. Aussie is just a friendly abbreviation and has no offensive connotations, whereas p**i carries the weight of years of racist use with it. p**i is a racist term. It is. You can't deny it. It is used by racists, its main use is as a racist term. It's used in racist graffiti. It's used in racist abuse. It is generally not used by people who wish to avoid being racist. There's no way you can try and claim the two things are the same.

So, back to the helicopter pilot jokes now, eh?

Analrapist

Q: Why are there no black alcoholics?
A: Because it's an offense to fly a helicopter while intoxicated.

Pylon Man

The thing about American jokes is, as with anything, some can go too far and can be offensive. Like this:

http://www.clucksworld.co.uk/b3ta/usa-relief-farking-huge-version.jpg

I think that goes a bit too far really.

Whearas as this does use stereotypes, but is far funnier:

http://www.b3tards.com/u/899d78c16b9bb1676226/mears5sml.jpg

I just borrowed them from b3ta as the image challange this week is about the american recession.

Analrapist

Q: Why are black people boycotting the Beijing Olympics?
A: Because helicopter racing hasn't been approved as an exhibition event.

boxofslice

Q: Why are there so few black people at the BBC?

A: Because it doesn't have a heli pad.

Saucer51

Quote from: Suttonpubcrawl on April 05, 2008, 05:45:42 PM
You're not really this stupid, are you? Please tell me you're not. Aussie is just a friendly abbreviation and has no offensive connotations, whereas p**i carries the weight of years of racist use with it. p**i is a racist term. It is. You can't deny it. It is used by racists, its main use is as a racist term. It's used in racist graffiti. It's used in racist abuse. It is generally not used by people who wish to avoid being racist. There's no way you can try and claim the two things are the same.

So, back to the helicopter pilot jokes now, eh?

Who decided Aussie was a friendly term and p**i was racist? This is what I'm getting at. Is everyone who uses the term p**i automatically racist but none of those who use Aussie? Can it be proved? The reason I ask this is that I've heard English cricketers making assesments of "the Aussie and the p**i cricketers" and I don't think anyone wet themselves in fear.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Q: What's the most overused stereotype about black people?

A: That they all have huge choppers.

Analrapist

Q: What is the highest honour for a black person?
A: Being accepted in to the Rotary Club.

Suttonpubcrawl

Q: What do you call a black passenger in a helicopter?
A: Backseat driver

Analrapist

Q: What did black people do before helicopters were invented?
A: Helicopters came first.

Q: What did helicopters do before black people were invented?
A: Bided their time.

Fry

Quote from: Analrapist on April 05, 2008, 06:27:34 PM
Q: What did black people do before helicopters were invented?
A: Helicopters came first.

Q: What did helicopters do before black people were invented?
A: Bided their time.
You, good sire, win.

Cuddles?

Goldentony

Q: Why cant Stevie Wonder read?

A: his braille copy of the helicopter manual isn't allowed in the flying exam's written test

buttgammon

Quote from: Fry on April 05, 2008, 06:28:42 PM
You, good sire, win.

Cuddles?

Wouldn't it be dangerous to cuddle him while flying a helicopter?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Q: How do black members of the rap group Three 6 Mafia travel?

A: They Ridin' Spinners

shiftwork2

Quote from: mister_enmity on April 05, 2008, 04:40:43 PM
Who is the fastest person in the world?

A Scouser past a job centre, according to Bernard Manning.  Not exactly ethnic but, as a group, fair game it seems for some of the laziest stereotyping.  Quite funny though.

'Liverpool's getting rougher by the day.  Window cleaners now take sanders out on their round'

Fry

Quote from: buttgammon on April 05, 2008, 06:41:01 PM
Wouldn't it be dangerous to cuddle him while flying a helicopter?
We're not born with licences, I have to go on a voyage to prove I am a man before I'm allowed to, but I do have a remote control helicopter.

Analrapist

Ah, that explains why Gary Coleman is permanently on the ground.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fry on April 05, 2008, 06:44:01 PM
We're not born with licences, I have to go on a voyage to prove I am a man before I'm allowed to, but I do have a remote control helicopter.

Is that because you're mixed race?