Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can't get you outta my head

Started by @ssmaster, April 16, 2004, 09:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

This week I are mostly got in my head that fucking song by The Rasmus. It's too catchy, I hate it so much, it's like it was installed into my brain as some form of punishment. Bloody commercial goth bollocks.

What is currently on repeat in your noggin'?

dan dirty ape

For some reason the line 'oooooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?'  from Belinda Carlisle's 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth', but just that fucking line. Why, I have no idea.

Utter Shit

Flip & Fill's 'Field Of Dreams'.

Quite simply the best remix of the best dance song you'll ever hear. It's great.

Lumiere

Quote from: "@ssmaster"This week I are mostly got in my head that fucking song by The Rasmus. It's too catchy, I hate it so much, it's like it was installed into my brain as some form of punishment. Bloody commercial goth bollocks.

The Rasmus are shitty nu-metal/pop-punk that are doing a bad HIM impression.

Schlippy

I had that awful Blink 182 song (Miss You?) lodged in-head for weeks.

Conscious mind shouts "Stop getting off on that shit song! It's like 'Day in the Life' if McCartney had written both parts!", while unconscious mind just smirks and trots out the climbing riff in the chorus again.

More EST needed, methinks.

NattyDread

Down Down (Deeper and Down) by the Quo refuses to leave my head, ever since Peelie played it at All Tomorrow's Parties.

This has been cropping up a fair bit lately too: Babe Ruth - The Mexican Which is no bad thing.

Lumiere

Pea by RHCP. Jesus, it's a depressing little ditty which I think is pretty lame but its beeen pervading my subconscious for days now.

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "NattyDread"
This has been cropping up a fair bit lately too: Babe Ruth - The Mexican Which is no bad thing.

Yaaay! That's my favourist record ever, that.

NattyDread

Infectious as hell, ain't it? That and the fact that it tears shit up like a motherfucker, mean it's often in my head.

dan dirty ape

Awwww, man, it's pretty much perfect.  As well as being a stand alone fantastic piece of music, its got a wicked bit of history, being an obscure, almost accidentally funky record by an obscure British prog band adopted as a breakdancing battle anthem by late 70s B-boys.

NattyDread

Battle Anthem?!? I did not know that. But it makes sense. I can just picture it.

Gamma Ray

Asteriod By Kyuss.

I don't know why, because it's no match for Molten Universe.

Crazy Penis

Occaisonally I keep repeating the oooooohhhh laaaaaaa bit out of War of the worlds and people frown at me.

Des Nilsen

Alec Eiffel by the Pixies, specifically the choral outro thing.

You can assume quite comfortably however, that this doesn't bother me in the slightest. I love it. I've even had a go at singing it... disastrous - but fun.

-

mr rou-rou

hah, I do that at work sometimes 'oooooo laaaaaah', that and the fuzzy bassline from Beastie Boys - Sabotage, when it comes back in complete with the 'whooa' bit, completely out of context in an office environment.

Someone quoted a Pavement lyric in another thread and I've had that in and out of my head since.

I'm often haunted by Tina Turner's Private Dancer as well

TraceyQ

The new Franz single has me wiggling about the kitchen most days. I read an interview with them where they claimed their sound was thus because they wanted "something girls would dance to". Job's a good 'un, fellas.

Ha. I used "thus" in a post. I win!

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Crazy Penis"Occaisonally I keep repeating the oooooohhhh laaaaaaa bit out of War of the worlds and people frown at me.

That sound gives me the fear, I bought the album when I was about 10 years old and took the brave step of listening to it in the dark with my headphones on. I am now scarred for life. In fact just seeing it written down gives me the fear as does peas pudding.

Lumiere

D12's new song. It's fucking terrible, but someone I know has been playing it non-stop.

Jack Skellington

Rasmus: In The Shadows. Sister has it. Sister pop fan.

Temperature............rising.Rage........unstoppable..........Sunday dinner stomach hangover..............................appearing......uncontrollable urge to shove thumbs in sisters eyes ala 28 days later..........urging.

kidsick5000

ever since seeing Starsky and Hutch......

Dont Give Up On Us Baby

and the whistling one from Kill Bill 1

chand

All morning, since The Honeyz came up in conversation on a different forum, I had 'Won't Take It Lying Down' in my head. Which I didn't think would happen in 2004.

Now I stuck on some CDs and as a consequence have the chorus from 'One Down' by Ben Folds in my head instead.

'one dooown
and 3.6 tomorrow
and i'm ouuuuutta here'

Crazy Penis

Quote from: "@ssmaster"
Quote from: "Crazy Penis"Occaisonally I keep repeating the oooooohhhh laaaaaaa bit out of War of the worlds and people frown at me.

That sound gives me the fear, I bought the album when I was about 10 years old and took the brave step of listening to it in the dark with my headphones on. I am now scarred for life. In fact just seeing it written down gives me the fear as does peas pudding.

hehe. I used to play it at bedtime. It scared my younger brother so I used it as a way of getting revenge if he had won an argument earlier that day.

Your problem is the picture you let it paint in your head. You let it put dreary scenes into your imagination. Imagining David Essex in fishnets and carrying a flowery teapot everywhere helps take the edge off it. Try putting differnet outfits on each member of the cast, including the martians. Let thunderchild be a huge wind up tortoise or any other bath toy and you will beat the fear.

The bassline from Disorder by Joy Division is stuck in my head today, I've no idea why.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Lumiere"D12's new song. It's fucking terrible, but someone I know has been playing it non-stop.

Me too.

On a similar note, I hate 50 Cent with a passion... but a few weeks ago someone repeatedly played the one by him where he goes "girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, it's easy to love me now, when I'm down..." and so I had that horrible crap in my head for days.

Jet Set Willy

Quote from: "Lumiere"D12's new song. It's fucking terrible, but someone I know has been playing it non-stop.

I quite like it.

Well I liked it the first 100 times, and now I think its good but don't want to hear it for a bit.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Crazy Penis"
Quote from: "@ssmaster"

hehe. I used to play it at bedtime. It scared my younger brother so I used it as a way of getting revenge if he had won an argument earlier that day.

Your problem is the picture you let it paint in your head. You let it put dreary scenes into your imagination. Imagining David Essex in fishnets and carrying a flowery teapot everywhere helps take the edge off it. Try putting differnet outfits on each member of the cast, including the martians. Let thunderchild be a huge wind up tortoise or any other bath toy and you will beat the fear.

Thats all well and good but what about the peas pudding?

Crazy Penis

I had a half day holiday from work today so I could do research to try and help you with the peas pudding fear.
I've got as far as using the right coloured felt tip pens to make the split peas look like a family of ladybirds and putting the meat inside a ballon which has 'happy birthday' printed on it and my imagination has left me.sorry
I got the idea from this:

an artists impression of a picture of a ladybird trying to impersonate a split pea which was stolen from its owner while she was confessing her sins on her birthday.

And back to the thread topic I have a habit of saying 'lucky lucky lucky' to someone whenever they say the preceeding line to me.