Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone trying to get Glastonbury tickets at the moment?

Started by thisissi, April 06, 2008, 09:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisissi

There's usually a few people on here to alleviate the refresh boredom....

wheatgod

Suttonpubcrawl

What's the link to follow? I stupidly overslept and now I'm left clicking refresh on www.seetickets.com which
a) may not be the right website at all
b) will just be the front page anyway if it ever does load

What's the actual link for the tickets? I am fucked in the ass with a pineapple on this.

wheatgod

The main page is just a "Buy Glastonbury tickets" page, so don't worry about that SPC.

I got through to it once, but then it crashed again. Poo.

Oh, and don't just refresh the page, that might not work. Best to click on a link to it (from google, perhaps).

Suttonpubcrawl

Beagle 2

Oh frankly, fuck this. I'm off for a big fry up and screw festivals and fucking shit websites.

Suttonpubcrawl

Well, at least if I don't get tickets I can console myself with the fact that it's probably one of the least good festivals.

wheatgod

Suttonpubcrawl

jennifer

Got as far as putting in debit card, then got repeated error messages. Finally got through again from the start, and it told me my registration numbers had already been used. Don't know if this means I've accidentally bought 7000 tickets or if seetickets are cunts. Gah.

Beagle 2

Tickets still available now - Eavis has truly dropped a bollock with all this Jay Z stuff hasn't he? I've got pwned by the "No credit cards" rule, fucking can't believe I forgot. Still, if they don't sell out by payday on Froday I'll get one. I suppose there is actually a slim chance of that, as with the registration business surely everybody who wanted one has got theirs by now?

Suttonpubcrawl

What's this Jay Z stuff you're talking about Beagle?

It's quite shocking they haven't sold out yet. It's also fucking annoying as I spent two hours trying to buy them on Sunday morning when I could really have done with being in bed. That fucked my whole day up and resulted in me seeming like a dangerous and scary drug addict when I took my bike in to be serviced. What do you mean, "you usually seem like that"?

drberbatov

Quote from: Suttonpubcrawl on April 07, 2008, 07:34:28 PM

It's quite shocking they haven't sold out yet. It's also fucking annoying as I spent two hours trying to buy them on Sunday morning when I could really have done with being in bed. That fucked my whole day up and resulted in me seeming like a dangerous and scary drug addict when I took my bike in to be serviced. What do you mean, "you usually seem like that"?

On the radio this morning Eavis was quizzed about Jay-Z pulling out, which he vehemently denied. Though Jay-Z has been announced as headlining the more commercial friendly Wireless Festival

Suttonpubcrawl

Well, now my festival is going to be ruined. What's the point without Jay-Z? Michael Eavis has ruined my life!

4 arses

If it carries on like this I may consider getting tickets on the door. It's kind of nice to see the Glastonbury bubble burst, maybe they'll shrink the attendance back down to a semi reasonable amount (I'd rather fewer tickets were available and the ones that did get them ended up experiencing a much less cramped festival)

wheatgod

Whats it matter if they don't sell out? More space for the restofus.

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 06, 2008, 10:31:27 AM
Oh frankly, fuck this. I'm off for a big fry up and screw festivals and fucking shit websites.

Come back into the tent, Beagle. Its nice and warm.

Marvin

It's funny that the news reported that 'Reading proved more popular' - eh? They sold out yes, but that's still only just over half the 100,000 tickets they did sell for Glastonbury yesterday.

Suttonpubcrawl

Holiday park festivals are the future kids! I've been to two so far and they've been fantastic, and I've got another one coming up on the weekend which for some mysterious reason a lot of verbwhores aren't able to attend a meet on.

Marvin

I like holiday park festivals, they aren't as much fun as Glastonbury though, which let's not forget isn't actually a music festival, but a full-on performing arts festival.

They're allow people to register again from 4 to sell the last 20,000 tickets, good news for any people who've missed out.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Suttonpubcrawl on April 07, 2008, 07:34:28 PM

The Jay Z stuff of getting Jay Z to play stuff, that's all.

Please don't sell out by friday.

Marvin

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 08, 2008, 03:50:10 PM
The Jay Z stuff of getting Jay Z to play stuff, that's all.

Please don't sell out by friday.

Now that they're opening registrations, they'll probably go pretty fast, according to See tickets there's only between 10,000 and 20,000 left or something.

Mindbear

I'll go and see Jay Z at wireless, the probability of having to trudge around in fucking mud for three days is beyond what I'm willing to put myself through. I can't see Jay Z putting up with it either actually....he's not going to be like Jarvis, turning up on stage in wellies and a mac.

Don_Preston

How long did it take the email with the registration code to arrive for you lot? I'm getting impatient as mine's not arrived yet.

Acheron

Seeing as the company I work for has a very cordial relationship with the festival organisers (read: we pay them to let us stay there), there are a few tickets up for grabs if you fill out a quick name and address malarky. Walk into your nearest Millets, walk up to a person in a green shirt and point directly into their face, shouting clearly, "I DEMAND YOU LET ME WIN GLASTONBURY TICKETS!".

Then fill out the small pink form on the counter.

There's only a few up for grabs, but it's one more chance of getting them.

wheatgod

They're not sold out yet, are they?

Don_Preston - I got the reg code immediately, perhaps you should try again?

sublingual

I'm waiting too, after registering yesterday. And again earlier today.

Haven't read anywhere that they're sold out yet though, and i have looked. From behind closed fingers.

Don_Preston

The fact they ticket website is still offering tickets on the main page is still keeping me slightly optimistic.

sublingual, if you dont get the email within 24 hours, I think you can just email them. That's what I'm planning on doing anyway. That email's meant to be quite important, as it also contains a link to the ticket sales as well as the code (Seetickets also send an email too). My friend got his code immediately on the screen, though he registered on the first day you could, something I now regret not doing.

Marvin

If you haven't received it, it may be a problem with your photo possibly.

Marvin

Ah - the customer service team checking photos don't work weekends - so had a backlog to check through, everybody who registered at the weekend or today will get a bit of a delay.