Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:06:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Animal Collective - New material!

Started by Vitalstatistix, April 06, 2008, 08:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

yeah, I'm so pumped on this new album I can barely move. House is my fave of the new ones as well I reckon, when they played it in Glasgow I nearly cried (really, I know, bit wierd, SO intense live though) but I really like the pan flute jam one with the 'I've got nowhere to go' end bit (Grace I think it's called). Avey said there will be 14 songs on the album in that recent pitchfork video interview (I think), which means it will have at least a few we haven't heard, I'm thinking a few slower ones have got to be there that don't lend themselves to the recent dancey sets, but might be able to fit in towards the end of the album maybe before brother sport or something finishes everything off. It's going to be awesome hearing how these tracks transfer to the studio, I can't imagine what it'll sound like, much more electronic than any of their others I think, and much more bassy (as in bass-y not Shirley). Lion in a Coma kicks ass as well, when I saw them in Glasgow recently I hadn't heard it and it was so hectic and awesome I didn't have a clue what it was, it really blew me away.. I've kind of stopped listening to the boots now, I think we have a few months to wait for the album but the leak will be out before the end of the year and will bring with it the stress of 'do I or do I not', inevitably ending in the former. Boston Crab I feel that excitement I can see in your posts, I am and have been there for the last year, it hasn't really worn off. I haven't checked the boards in a while but I will talk with you about AC all day long.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: A Passing Turk Slipper on August 13, 2008, 04:42:42 PM
I think we have a few months to wait for the album but the leak will be out before the end of the year and will bring with it the stress of 'do I or do I not', inevitably ending in the former.

G'agh! I'd hoped for sooner. From what I'd read, it seemed things were being finalised - but I admit to knowing nowt about this kind of thing. So far, I've been remarkably good at resisting leaks, but I don't think I can wait that long.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I dunno, I think maybe december because Water Curses was leaked about a month before the release and that had been finished for a while, I really don't expect the album to be released proper in 08, mainly because I don't want to get my hopes up. I reckon it's all done now, recording was ages ago and in the pitchfork video interview (worth watching, most up to date info is in that), they say it's just about done, so you never know when it will come I suppose, just takes one studio/record company worker with quick hands and questionable morals. But yeah, I'm mainly basing my opinion on vague hunches so don't listen to anything I say.

This band is incredible. The Purple Bottle from Feels is one of the best things created by humans.

New song House sounds amazing as well, can't wait for the new album.