Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ladies and their make-up

Started by Custard, April 10, 2008, 04:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi

That link's interesting, isn't it?

The black girl's skin being considerably lightened, the fact that the "before" shot of the last woman is better than the "after" and so on.

As Daves said - it's all a matter of good v bad in the end, isn't it? Why do we get our hair cut straight? Why pick clothes that kind of go together? Why shave?

"rudi: a name you can trust - offering banal truisms since 1982"

El Unicornio, mang

Yeah, the last one is weird. They've taken a naturally beautiful girl with cute freckles and made her look like an extra from Final Fantasy. Also weird that they actually added weight to Eva Longoria. Make up your minds, fashion people!

Kays

That last one surprised me too.  She's incredibly better (and more real) looking in the original. 

biggytitbo

Yes very odd really. I can see what they're doing on one or two of them, but mostly its bizarre - turning very attractive people into overexposed, featureless, bland cartoons.

Kazuo Kiriyama

Whichever cunt with a hideously twisted idea of beauty thinks it's a clever idea to make Kelly Clarkson's arse smaller needs to be punched in the fucking face.

Captain Crunch

AND they never bother tidying up scabby fingernails.   I mean, while you're at it...

SOTS

Quote from: squinky on April 10, 2008, 04:51:01 PM
The funny thing is, I tend to be self-conscious about wearing make-up because I've never really figured out how to apply it properly. I think it's some sort of variation on the 'I'm scared of failing and therefore I shan't try at all' attitude.

I actually don't know how to apply some types of makeup. I mean, i'm fine with eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick/balm but stuff like foundation, blusher and eyeshadow, i'm generally a bit rubbish with so I don't tend to bother with those. I often don't wear makeup at all though. Just no point sometimes. And when I do, it's not a lot.

I do often get annoyed at how much effort women have to make in terms of appearance compared to men, say for a night out. Takes forever to get ready. Blokes throws on shirt, combs hair or whatever and done.

gmoney

Quote from: SOTS on April 11, 2008, 12:33:42 AM
I do often get annoyed at how much effort women have to make in terms of appearance compared to men, say for a night out. Takes forever to get ready. Blokes throws on shirt, combs hair or whatever and done.

You've obviously never been mates with a male goth.

"For fuck's sake Josh, no one gives a shit if your eyeliner's wonky, just hurry up it's nearly ten!" Every bloody saturday. I was glad when he became a hippy, I can tell you.

Mindbear

Regarding the fake tan thing, I can't imagine what level of slathering you would have to do to achieve the above level of baked look. It's just revolting, why would you want to look like that!?

pulsifer

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 10, 2008, 09:56:24 PM
Yes very odd really. I can see what they're doing on one or two of them, but mostly its bizarre - turning very attractive people into overexposed, featureless, bland cartoons.

It's quite obvious that, on the last example, they "turned the tables". You think they ADDED the freckles and imperfections whilst the perfectly photoshopped "Kleanseman-girl" is the real deal?

No way, Jose. Enjoy the pretty colours.

rudi

QuoteYou think they ADDED the freckles and imperfections whilst the perfectly photoshopped "Kleanseman-girl" is the real deal?

Errr, no. That's what we were saying...?

Little Hoover

Quote from: SOTS on April 11, 2008, 12:33:42 AM
I actually don't know how to apply some types of makeup. I mean, i'm fine with eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick/balm but stuff like foundation, blusher and eyeshadow, i'm generally a bit rubbish with so I don't tend to bother with those. I often don't wear makeup at all though. Just no point sometimes. And when I do, it's not a lot.

What the fuck is a comb?!

Prescription Dinosaur

Quote from: Little Hoover on April 11, 2008, 12:44:03 PM
What the fuck is a comb?!

One of those bits on the top of a chicken:

Monkeyfucker

ive never understood the whole make up obsession myself . If im going out for a night out yes ill make the effort but i would never go as far as not leaving the house without it - thats just insane! I find women who carry make up out with them excruciating - just accept what nature gave you for fucks sake.  HOw much slap does one chick need? why the necessity to keep topping it up through the day? i don't understand!

I have never wore fake tan, and i have never been on a sun bed . FUck that for a game of darts.

I quite happily go to work make up less - im not there to impress people with how i look , i'm there to do a job. Make up won't make me do that job any better and i prefer people accepted me as i am anyway.

I would even go as far to say ladies who won't leave the house without make up are suferficial. Get over yourself. Not everyone is looking at you thinking "christ , she would look much better with a bit of foundation and eyeliner on"  It's not all about you.

Monkeyfucker

also, whats the story with the ian beale tags? ive obvoiusly missed something!!!

rudi

Quote from: Monkeyfucker on April 11, 2008, 04:30:03 PM
also, whats the story with the ian beale tags? ive obvoiusly missed something!!!

No you haven't. They're pish.

Little Hoover

Yeah it's a shame when a thread with potential for some really good tags is ruined by them all being taken up by a fad tag theme.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

[tag]What some women need, quite frankly, is some slap on the face[/tag]

Pinball

It's Dolly time. Pretty, hairless-cunted dolly. Perfect scented flawless faced dolly. Cum swallowing dolly. Marketed skinny sex object perfection, the epitomy of Western exploitation. Pretty unthreatening lady. Spread those legs.