Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Threadless (the fantastic shirt thread)

Started by alan nagsworth, April 13, 2008, 05:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Fooked the image up before:

I FUCKING LOVE THIS T-SHIRT AND I NEED ONE. That is all.

weekender

I don't understand what you like about this t-shirt.  Could you try and explain?  I can see the artistic/minimal/mildly controversial values in some of the others, but I genuinely don't understand this one.  It appears to me to be a badly drawn Scouse dinosaur talking at a badly drawn unicorn about the unicorn's family.  What's the point?

Blue Jam

It's an extinct creature and a mythical one exchanging mundane pleasantries... and I think it's an Irish dinosaur... and I like the crude design, and the colours... no-one else seems to like it as much as me though

Hank_Kingsley

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 15, 2008, 12:17:15 AM
It's an extinct creature and a mythical one exchanging mundane pleasantries... and I think it's an Irish dinosaur... and I like the crude design, and the colours... no-one else seems to like it as much as me though

My friend Ben loves that shirt more than life. Maybe you could marry him?

He is pretty desperate.

lactating man nips

Have any whores tried submitting designs to one of these tshirt sites, and if so how did you get on?

simondykes

The best t-shirt I ever owned was a cartoon of Felix The Cat DJ-ing.(Not Felix Da Housecat,I should add,the actual cartoon character Felix The Cat).He had a twin deck in front of him,finger scratching one of the records,punching the air with his other hand and (presumably) going 'Woo!' with his mouth.I wore it so often that it ended up not even being usable as a duster when I retired it.I've tried finding a picture on the net,but don't seem to be able to.If anyone knows where I can get a replacement I'll be,well,mildly grateful.

Tommy Trumpet

Quote from: sublingual on April 14, 2008, 06:17:48 PM
I like the were #1 shirt, it's really clever. And I like this one from Amorphia Apparel:

[mohammed t-shirt]

although I'm not sure I'd be brave it enough to wear it out anywhere.

I can't work out whether wearing that t-shirt would be making a sensible, principled point about religious silliness... or whether it would just be being offensive for the sake of it, and thus a bit twat-ish. I'm quite tempted by it, but I imagine if I bought it I might just end up not wearing it. Living in a very white area i'd be almost less worried about enraged Muslims, and more worried about attracting irritating "Yeah, stick it to those stupid Muslims!" comments.

Mindbear

I just bought this, not for me, but I do love it. He's got a flag with a donut on it and a little bear with boots on! It's strangely sinister!

Blue Jam

That's a bloody good shirt actually Mindbear. Threadless should print up more mad ideas like that instead of twee flowers'n'trees designs

Jemble Fred

At first sight, that Young Ones one looks like coolness itself, but then I realised just how repellent I always found those images – brilliant, but horrible. Why the fuck would you want that plastered all over yourself for a whole evening? It's enough to put anyone off approaching you.

Then I remembered I'm far too old for kooky t-shirts anyway.

Mindbear

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 15, 2008, 06:13:21 PM
That's a bloody good shirt actually Mindbear. Threadless should print up more mad ideas like that instead of twee flowers'n'trees designs

I can't stand those bloody twirly flowery designs that seem to be more and more common there. Yes it's a nice drawing, but it looks shit to wear! I want more sinister yet cute t shirts, and less stupid fucking commentary on war being like, a totally bad thing man.

rudi

Quote from: lactating man nips on April 15, 2008, 01:24:57 PM
Have any whores tried submitting designs to one of these tshirt sites, and if so how did you get on?

A friend of mine has, to the last of my knowledge, had two designs taken up by Threadless.

I couldn't even manage the Muhammed Stickman...

Mary Hinge

Bit late for this one. From the great lost property office that is the World Wide Web.

Modelled by a young Magenta Devine.

weekender

Quote from: weekender on April 13, 2008, 09:16:13 PM
Why is it cheaper to buy from Amorphia Apparel in the US than from Amorphia Apparel in the EU?  Just exchange rates, or something more sinister?

I've not ordered anything from the US before.  Turns out you have to pay some sort of import charge and stamp duty for importing stuff.  Mine cost me an additional £31.98 for four t-shirts.  Fortunately I have money to piss away so it's not a problem for me, but seeing as most of you are more working-class than me, you might want to bear this in mind.

Marv Orange

Quote from: weekender on April 22, 2008, 08:31:08 PM
I've not ordered anything from the US before.  Turns out you have to pay some sort of import charge and stamp duty for importing stuff.  Mine cost me an additional £31.98 for four t-shirts.  Fortunately I have money to piss away so it's not a problem for me, but seeing as most of you are more working-class than me, you might want to bear this in mind.

I've ordered shirts from the states before and apart from the 5 quid shipping there has been no extra charges.

mothman

Depends whether or not ParcelFuck get their crooked little mitts on it, most of the time.

weekender

I'd worked out that I'd saved about £10-30 given the exchange rate, and this guy was asking me to pay £32, so I thought "fuck it".