Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,346
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mohammed...?

Started by Borboski, April 15, 2008, 11:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty McFly

Quote from: Milo on April 15, 2008, 01:32:29 PM
Or indirectly represent him as a sort of glow, just off-camera, that's visible on everyone else's face.

Borboski

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 15, 2008, 02:19:54 PM
And, sorry to drag this off into deeper political waters (but it's the only way to properly understand it) the increase in them taking offence at stuff seems to tie pretty well in to the Gulf War of the early 90s, and onwards. Maybe if we weren't so busy blowing them up they'd be less busy taking offence at dumb shit like cartoons. Doesn't justify their actions, but it helps to explain them.

Nonono, "we" are NOT blowing "them" (muslims) up, lots of muslims don't think that, the ones that do are twats, and don't legitimise them!!!

thugler

Will this show include mohammad marrying a nine year old?

That would provoke some contraversy.

Jemble Fred

It's an interesting thought (to me at least), just how big a role religious iconography may have played in the eventual (slow, grinding, murder-filled) evolution of Western Society. Nobody would deny that the Christian churches have ultimately churned out the largest number of atheists and agnostics and generally non-religious people – and Jesus, Moses and pals have been depicted left, right and centre since the first Pope began to decorate the Vatican. We've been bombarded with movies, reconstructions, depictions of God for decades, theatre and art for centuries, and I'm sure a (largely) silent majority often  looks at these visual aids and realises just how the basic concepts that make up the religion are, at best, a bit silly really. In the UK, at least. You need to visualise the origins of a faith in order to rationalise and, in many cases, reject it.

Is that what the founders of Islam were so afraid of? That one day a silly CGI flying horse carrying a merry paedophile would make some followers of Mohammed say "... Hang on...?"

Very clever chaps, those ancient Arabs.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Borboski on April 15, 2008, 07:33:13 PM
Nonono, "we" are NOT blowing "them" (muslims) up, lots of muslims don't think that, the ones that do are twats, and don't legitimise them!!!

Yeah, that's a point. It isn'tt the Americans who are blowing themselves up in marketplaces.

Hank_Kingsley

No, they're blowing up in front of the TV.

HAHA, look a joke about fat Americans.

Artemis

Pylon Man

Heh, just realised Mohammed is Mo-hammed. If to ham was a verb, this would be funny.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 15, 2008, 01:00:33 PM
Well done!

Why have you attributed Borboski's words to me here?

mothman

Ginyard

I mean, c'mon, its clearly a shadmock

rudi

Couldn't they arrange a sort of "if you want to see The Prophet, please press your red button now" thing?

Why should I be denied the chance of rating Mo hot or not just because the mentally feeble believe in Hull?

Anyway, I had 72 vergers once and they were shit.

SetToStun

A Verger, 72.

Easy to see how you were so disappointed...

Pinball

The great thing about Muslims is they illustrate how bonkers religion is, whereas 'reasonable Christians' are more convincingly believable, and hence more dangerous.