Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:01:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alternative Living

Started by Emma Raducanu, April 16, 2008, 03:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpmons

Quote from: weekender on April 16, 2008, 10:12:53 PM
I shall ignore all posts on CaB that are made by women.  Seriously, you're all fucked in the head, I can't understand you.  One minute it's "ooh, ooh, ooh, look how troubled I am" and the next it's "ooh, ohh, look how troubled I am", and for some reason it's up to the man to determine the difference between "ooh" and "ohh" and quite frankly you can all fuck off, you stupid woman cunts.

I genuinely agree.  We are shit.

Hank_Kingsley

You fell for his obvious ploy. Silly woman!

rudi

Quote from: Hank_Kingsley on April 16, 2008, 03:56:27 PM
Brighton is nice enough but the relative excitement of it wears thin pretty quickly. Also, too many hills!

Oh I like the hills, it keeps people indoors. It's all the happy, liberal, wealthy people that get under my skin there; nought but envy, I'll grant you...

Oh, and Moulscoomb. Ick.

Getting rid of my car would help, I think. It's making me fat and I quite like walking, but I need it for work, innit.

chand

Quote from: j_u_d_a_s on April 16, 2008, 05:00:12 PM
Probably because they're laboured under the delusion that depression = deep and interesting when really depression = walking nightmare. It's a time when they're just starting to take notice of their own emotions and that can be overpowering at the best of times so they stick a label on it and wear it with pride and also in the hope that they can make some friends out of it too.

I used to post on a board full of goths, and a lot of them had this attitude that pain was the only real emotion. Like, the default state for a human being is misery, and anyone who thinks they're 'happy' is just deluding themselves and in denial. Seems like kind of a drag.

rudi

Quote from: chand on April 17, 2008, 08:29:19 AM
I used to post on a board full of goths, and a lot of them had this attitude that pain was the only real emotion. Like, the default state for a human being is misery, and anyone who thinks they're 'happy' is just deluding themselves and in denial. Seems like kind of a drag.

They are human and they need to be loved; just like anybody else does...

http://www.gothscene.com/

Famous Mortimer

I've stopped going round the shops on my lunch break, and have started popping home for half an hour on "Half Life 2" instead. I save money and get to work on shooting those nasty Combine soldiers in the head. My life has slightly improved as a result of this.

But my big life-improving step involves getting my friend Julian to hire a van so we can get rid of all our junk on a car boot sale or something. That's the first step to wide worlds of excitement, making it much easier for me to do all the other steps. Oh yes.

hpmons

Im always amused when I suddenly think things like "Yes! Buying some Play-Doh! That will solve all of my problems!"  or "If I tidied my room, it would be like tidying my mind, so Id think clearer, so...Mmm, everything will be perfect".  When in actual fact all I need to do is get out of the house and keep myself busy, and then all of my problems will be solved...Maybe.

Both of those are genuine things I have thought.  I got my mum to buy me Play-Doh for Christmas (alongside other things), but then I realised that it smells slightly, and the smell lingers on your hands, so like most Christmas presents, I got bored of it very quickly.

simondykes

I work in a shop so getting away from that is....oh,well,never mind.

I've actually done something that I hope will improve my life fairly recently in giving up eating so much crap.I've been feeling pretty crap most of the time and am convinced it's the lazy Mars Bar-and-chicken dippers-and-Coca Cola-and-all that shite,and hoping that eating more apples,drinking more orange juice and eating more vegetables and less pies will stop me from having a heart attack before I'm 40.
(If my posts suddenly stop,I failed.)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The major change I need to make right now is to get a job. After that, as I was saying in the unemployment thread, everything else should happen fairly easily. Of course work is not without problems of its own. I am utterly naive about finances so I'm worried about getting a regular income and instantly being hit by a whacking great tax bill, but it'd be worth it to actually have a proper social life again and maybe find an answer to that eternal question... women.

Mindbear

Quote from: simondykes on April 17, 2008, 11:33:57 PM
I work in a shop so getting away from that is....oh,well,never mind.

I've actually done something that I hope will improve my life fairly recently in giving up eating so much crap.I've been feeling pretty crap most of the time and am convinced it's the lazy Mars Bar-and-chicken dippers-and-Coca Cola-and-all that shite,and hoping that eating more apples,drinking more orange juice and eating more vegetables and less pies will stop me from having a heart attack before I'm 40.
(If my posts suddenly stop,I failed.)

I've finally decided to jump on that wagon again. I kind of had to after getting five colds in a row with three days gap between, and getting so fat I couldn't stuggle into any of my jeans, not even my period ones. It's hard to get started, but once you do, it's not really that punishing eating good food. It pisses me off that I can't take advantage of the 24 hour macdonalds near my house on the way home from work though.....I used to love a Fillet O Fish at seven am....

simondykes

Yeah,it's just convincing myself that an apple with my sandwiches at lunch is better than a packet of bacon crispies and a Twirl bar.Which it is,obviously.
I've never actually eaten at MacDonalds in my life,though I can't say the same about KFC,sadly....

MojoJojo

Quote from: Mindbear on April 18, 2008, 02:35:41 AM
I've finally decided to jump on that wagon again. I kind of had to after getting five colds in a row with three days gap between, and getting so fat I couldn't stuggle into any of my jeans, not even my period ones.

Wow... judging from Pride and Prejudice, period jeans are really baggy.

mitzidog

I could cut down on my porklife get some exercise.

Seriously - twelve weeks tomorrow I'm getting married - at LOL NO moment the only option is a cummerbund - perhaps walking to the station rather than getting the bus, and a bit more salad and a bit less cheese in the sandwiches is the way forward.

SetToStun

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 18, 2008, 12:03:14 AMI am utterly naive about finances so I'm worried about getting a regular income and instantly being hit by a whacking great tax bill,

That's something you really don't have to worry about, provided you don't work for cash-in-hand. Chances are you'll be on PAYE from day one so there is no realistic possibility of a large tax bill flopping onto your doormat. In fact, until you hit the 40% tax band, it's unlikely you'll fill in a tax return at all. These days tax really is very little to worry about, from an admin point of view, unless you're self-employed or a contractor or similar, and even then it's not that bad, provided you're fairly prudent and get an accountant. Good luck with the job hunt, by the way.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 18, 2008, 12:03:14 AMbut it'd be worth it to actually have a proper social life again and maybe find an answer to that eternal question... women.

As for this bit,  you're well and truly on your own. All I can tell you is that in my experience you're likely to exit any relationship you have minus either a house or a flat and everything you've ever owned except your clothes.

Mindbear

Quote from: MojoJojo on April 18, 2008, 09:19:33 AM
Wow... judging from Pride and Prejudice, period jeans are really baggy.

Weee! I like that!