Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:16:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pranks and Dares

Started by boxofslice, April 18, 2008, 09:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxofslice

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7351320.stm

So have you done any pranks or been dared (or double dared) to do anything outlandish?

Amongst many, many things, at school I was dared by my mate Matthew Keen to steal our rather attractive female PE teacher, Mrs Steele's underwear from her changing room when I was 14.
It took 2 days of careful planning but I did it and had a huge amount of kudos from the boys for the rest of term but it did start a trend and the dares became more ridiculous and the year went on.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: boxofslice on April 18, 2008, 09:35:05 AM
... but it did start a trend and the dares became more ridiculous and the year went on.

Such as? You can't leave that hanging there...

Wasn't involved in this myself, but a group of fifth-formers at my school managed to turn over the Head of French's mini so it was on its roof... he subsequently began cycling to school.

boxofslice

Quote from: Ignatius_S on April 18, 2008, 12:15:04 PM
Such as? You can't leave that hanging there...

Well there was the one, which I think I mentioned on here last year, about putting the dead bird in the teacher's tea urn. Which was more tricky than it sounds. First I had to 'find' a dead bird then sneak it into the urn. A problem because there was always someone in the staff room. I did it though just in time for afternoon break.
That dare I'm not so proud about.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: boxofslice on April 18, 2008, 12:34:56 PM
Well there was the one, which I think I mentioned on here last year, about putting the dead bird in the teacher's tea urn. Which was more tricky than it sounds. First I had to 'find' a dead bird then sneak it into the urn. A problem because there was always someone in the staff room. I did it though just in time for afternoon break.
That dare I'm not so proud about.

You have a terrible habit of leaving a story unfinished.

What happened? Did anyone get ill? Who found out and how?

bennett

We were in those brilliant temporary classrooms (huts) for three years while I was at school.  One particularly boisterous lunchtime one of my classmates managed to put his foot through the floor jumping off a desk.  We pulled back the carpet and widened the hole until it was large enough to climb through.  That afternoon we were watching a film in French (end of term shenanigans) and one particularly adventurous kid dropped through the floor, walked round to the door and asked to come in, stating he had been at a music lesson.  It worked like a charm, with the french teacher coming over very confused, but accepting. 

When he tried it twice in Latin it didn't work quite so well and we had a long talking to about health and safety and vandalism.

Hank_Kingsley

In summer me and my friend used to love playing 'sweaty whorehouse'. That was the game where you went around all the classrooms, turned up the radiators to the the max and then broke off the knob so it couldn't be turned off.

We managed to create hell on earth for about a week, some lessons got cancelled and we got a special assembly all about it.

They never caught me!

boxofslice

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on April 18, 2008, 01:24:16 PM
You have a terrible habit of leaving a story unfinished.

Yeah I have a habit of doing that especially in emails and letters.

Well from what I remember it didn't take them long to realise after some of teachers noticed a funny taste to their beverage which was I assume followed by a cursory look in the urn.
The following day an annoucement was made in assembly that this 'prank' was a very dangerous thing to do and several teachers had to go to the hospital as a cautionary measure.
It was also made clear that pupils were no longer allowed near the staff room unless accompanied by a teacher and that whoever was responsible should feel very ashamed and own up.

I wasn't (at the time) and I didn't and the pranks and dares continued.

Don_Preston

Quote from: boxofslice on April 18, 2008, 01:55:10 PM

I wasn't (at the time) and I didn't and the pranks and dares continued.

Go on...  You can't leave us hanging there!

Deadman97

Quote from: boxofslice on April 18, 2008, 12:34:56 PM
First I had to 'find' a dead bird then sneak it into the urn. A problem because there was always someone in the staff room.

Hang on, is that parenthesis telling us that you killed a bird for this one?

boxofslice

Quote from: Deadman97 on April 18, 2008, 02:11:45 PM
Hang on, is that parenthesis telling us that you killed a bird for this one?

er... erm... what the hell is parenthesis?

Deadman97

Quote from: boxofslice on April 18, 2008, 02:18:53 PM
er... erm... what the hell is parenthesis?

Quote from: some dictionary site or otherThe practice in written or printed language of placing certain statements between a pair of such punctuation marks as commas, dashes, and brackets.

Bird-killer.

Uncle TechTip

Dunno, do you think?

Me, I'm forever tripping over dead birds so no 'finding' would be required.

Hank_Kingsley

Yeah, but you are Mark Dixie aren't you?

Kays

QuoteAmongst many, many things, at school I was dared by my mate Matthew Keen to steal our rather attractive female PE teacher, Mrs Steele's underwear from her changing room when I was 14.
It took 2 days of careful planning but I did it and had a huge amount of kudos from the boys for the rest of term but it did start a trend and the dares became more ridiculous and the year went on.

What on earth was she doing without underwear on at school?  Even when getting changed for gym, I'd assume you'd keep it on.

Ronnie the Raincoat

I'm not especially daring but it still amuses me that I convinced my chocolate-hating friend Simon that there was a chocolate-free version of Vienetta called Vienotta.

Yeah, my life is empty.

I was once convinced that my friend had found a newspaper from the future.

shiftwork2

Continuing the school theme, Mr Fairhurst was an RE teacher and the rumour around school was that he'd got his arse blown off during the war and had received a metal posterior through medical science.  Tin-arse would reputedly clank when he sat down.  To test the theory half a dozen drawing pins were left on his seat which he coped with no problem, one of them had actually bent thereby proving the theory as far as we were concerned.  It's amazing what they can do these days.  Then there was Miss Benbow with the funny walk who apparently had those Japanese love eggs up her flue, however there's no prank involved so it belongs elsewhere.

alan nagsworth

I convinced my english teacher that 'gullible' had been taken out of the dictionary. My english teacher.

Artemis

One poor sod (our maths teacher, Mr. Eades) was the subject of a growing number of running gags and pranks that utterly sailed over his head even when it was stark bloody obvious Perhaps it was because, as we later learned, that the guy had a drinking problem (this was revealed when the blind in his office - adjacent to the classroom - that he frequently disappeared into after setting us a problem, broke and he was seen glugging down a small bottle of whisky).

Anyway, the pranks were thrown at him thick and fast. We noticed early on that he always made reference to any small change that was on his desk ("ooh, 2p. Where did that come from?"). So every day a few of us brought in some copper coins and left them on his desk. He would invariably count them up and mutter to himself that he didn't remember leaving that there. We studied his reaction carefully to make sure he wasn't playing up to what he knew was a prank and we genuinely thought he wasn't, he was just too fucked in the head to figure out what the hell was happening. This prank grew and grew until so many of us were bringing in coins that he'd have the best part of a quid in 1p, 2p and 5ps on his desk. He'd always count them up and say something like "hmm, 73p. This is baffling". Ironically for a maths teacher, he never could put two and two together.

That was just one prank. Leaping on his inability to know what the hell was going on, we revelled in writing words backwards in chalk on his black chair. The cruellest example was 'DRUNK' but my favourites were absurd words that bore no relevance to anything. In his classroom, he had one of those rolling blackboards that was many blackboards on a kind of 'runner', each separated by a little ledge, that the teacher can push up or down and another blackboard would come around while the blackboard the teacher was just working on would be pushed down. A bit hard to explain, but the important thing is the ledge. We placed the one pen he used on the ledge, so that when he moved the blackboard, the pen would fall off. This resulted in a wonderful run of our pranks:

Mr. Eades would come in, and go to his desk. He'd spot the change, and sit down while totting it up. He'd then get up, with the word of the day written on his backside. He'd move to the blackboard, push it up or down and the pen would fall off. He'd bend over to pick it up, and give us all a great view of whatever we'd written on his bottom. How we managed to stifle our laughter I have absolutely no idea.

Dragon

Quote from: Artemis on April 20, 2008, 09:47:36 AM
One poor sod (our maths teacher, Mr. Eades) was the subject of a growing number of running gags and pranks that utterly sailed over his head even when it was stark bloody obvious Perhaps it was because, as we later learned, that he guy had a drinking problem (this was revealed when the blind in his office - adjacent to the classroom - that he frequently disappeared into after setting us a problem, broke and he was seen glugging down a small bottle of whisky).

Anyway, the pranks were thrown at him thick and fast. We noticed early on that he always made reference to any small change that was on his desk ("ooh, 2p. Where did that come from?"). So every day a few of us brought in some copper coins and left them on his desk. He would invariably count them up and mutter to himself that he didn't remember leaving that there. We studied his reaction carefully to make sure he wasn't playing up to what he knew was a prank and we genuinely thought he wasn't, he was just too fucked in the head to figure out what the hell was happening. This prank grew and grew until so many of us were bringing in coins that he'd have the best part of a uid in 1p, 2p and 5ps on his desk. He'd always count them up and say something like "hmm, 73p. This is baffling". Ironically for a maths teacher, he never could put two and two together.

That was just one prank. Leaping on his inability to know what the hell was going on, we revelled in writing words backwards in chalk on his black chair. The cruelled example was 'DRUNK' but my favourites were absurd words that bore no relevance to anything. In his classroom, he had one of those rolling blackboards that was many blackboards on a kind of 'runner', each separated by a little ledge, that the teacher can push up or down and another blackboard would come around while the blackboard the teacher was just working on would be pushed down. A bit hard to explain, but the important thing is the ledge. We placed the one pen he used on the ledge, so that when he moved the blackboard, the pen would fall off. This resulted in a wonderful run of our pranks:

Mr. Eades would come in, and go to his desk. He'd spot the change, and sit down while totting it up. He'd then get up, with the word of the day written on his backside. He'd move to the blackboard, push it up or down and the pen would fall off. He'd bend over to pick it up, and give us all a great view of whatever we'd written on his bottom. How we managed to stifle our laughter I have absolutely no idea.

Oh, lord. I feel slightly guilty for laughing out loud.
How did you stifle your laughter?

Space ghost

Quote from: boxofslice on April 18, 2008, 09:35:05 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7351320.stm

So have you done any pranks or been dared (or double dared) to do anything outlandish?

Amongst many, many things, at school I was dared by my mate Matthew Keen to steal our rather attractive female PE teacher, Mrs Steele's underwear from her changing room when I was 14.

What type of underwear?

panties, G-string or lady's boxers?

didgeripoo

Quote from: nagsworth on April 19, 2008, 03:37:19 AM
I convinced my english teacher that 'gullible' had been taken out of the dictionary. My english teacher.

I'm a teacher and one of my Year 7 kids told me I'd dropped my gullible card. And I looked down.

I think teachers are just stupid.

rudi

Did you literally teach him a lesson for his cheek?

gmoney

Quote from: rudi on April 21, 2008, 10:46:54 PM
Did you literally teach him a lesson for his cheek?

Leave; shut the door.

rudi

That's fucked up. I just said much the same on another thread. Please tell me this is no coincidence.

gmoney

I'm sorry to disappoint, it is in fact no coincidence, I liked it so much I pinched it within minutes.

rudi

Ah, good, good. I was briefly befuddled.

Lfbarfe

My A-level French teacher was pranksters' heaven. She was a Romanian woman called Annie Price. So, she was teaching her second language in her third language. This would have been worthy of respect had she not been shit at both of them. Anyway, we convinced her that 'wank' meant 'attractive'. This led to some weeks of lessons beginning with one chap saying "You're looking very wank today, Miss", to which she always replied "Thank you, boys". Then there was the occasion in the common room when my mate Lewis Owens (now Dr Lewis Owens, respected academic theologian) had a free period and asked what we were going to next. When we said French, he said 'With the clueless Romanian woman? Can I sit in?'. He filed in with us and sat at the back reading the paper for about 10 minutes before she clocked him and asked who he was.

Ooooh, and I've just remembered about the long-running "Ken Hobbs dyes his hair" disruption exercise. Again, as with so many of these stories, it involves a prefab classroom, in this case, one divided into two by a paper-thin wall. In one, earnest cycling-mad Christian geography master Ken Hobbs (known universally as Kinobbs) took one class, while in the other, lovely but ineffectual politics teacher Dr Howard Turner attempted to keep order. The hooligan element on the politics side would take up residence near the partition wall, and hammer on it or shout "KEN!" not very surreptitiously whenever Dr Turner left the room for whatever reason. Before too long, we were doing it when the poor bugger was still in the room   trying to teach us. The hooligan element in the geography class had reached the conclusion that Kinobbs was not growing old gracefully, so the shouts of "KEN!" became "KINOBBS DYES HIS HAIR". After about half a period of this abuse, Hobbs would appear at the connecting door and tell us to pipe down. The final straw came when I took a portable cassette recorder and played 'Ken' by Kate Bush through the wall, while Howard was trying to explain collective Cabinet responsibility to us.

To prove that it wasn't all one way, then - as now - I liked taking my shoes off if I didn't have to go anywhere urgently. I lost count of the number of times that Chris Amesbury threw them out of the window forcing me to tramp round the outside of the sixth form building and retrieve them from the rosebed. I was also merely an amused bystander when Amesbury, James Summerfield and a host of other lunatic geniuses removed the top of the common room pool table, inserted the diminutive James Clarke in it, replaced the slate, and then poured lemonade into all the pockets.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Dragon on April 20, 2008, 06:27:42 AM
WHAT eggs?

This sort of carry on.  Not particularly SFW.
http://www.adultsensations.ca/balls-blue-p-498.html
Comes in a crystal case, arf.

She was a WPC June Ackland lookalike with a bow-legged gait and a permanent sappy grin, so CASE CLOSED.

boxofslice

Quote from: Space ghost on April 21, 2008, 02:16:19 PM
What type of underwear?

panties, G-string or lady's boxers?

If I remember correctly they were a plain, white pair of knickers.