Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Misheard lyrics

Started by gazzyk1ns, April 17, 2004, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
All of Muse's songs sound like piss to me.

Morrisfan82

There's a song by a band caled Staring Back where the singer does this crap whiney ranty bit at the beginning, one of the lines in which is "It's time to craft myself a new mask", but initially I was totally convinced he was saying "It's time to crap myself a new ass".

Since being found to be erroneous, the latter phrase has become quite a favourite of mine.

Nearly Annually

Quote from: "Utter Shit"Only Fools And Horses theme tune... "And where it all comes from is a Mr. Reed".
No comment.

Out of a Zombie by Elvis Costello & The Attractions. (Oliver's Army)

Scream in his ear 'ole by Selecter. (Three minutes hero)

butnut

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Spiritualized - Electricity
Until I read the lyrics online somewhere, I thought that the second line of the second verse was "I'm calling Nietzsche on a one-way phone".  It is, of course, "I'm gonna meet you on a one-way road".

I prefer my version.

Best post I've read today.

I remember hearing one of the lines from The Cult - Edie as 'We carress your cheese'. To this day I don't know what the real words are.

<Looks them up>

Ah!:

QuoteWe carressed you cheek

I can die a happy 20 something now.

EDIT - just remembered one from the other day.

Beck - Think I'm doing fine I thought I heard these lines:

All the jews in heaven,
They don't look the same to me.

But I couldn't believe that he'd get away with that, so I checked on the interent. Jewels, it was jewels.

Crazy Penis

What was that one Kate Bush sang about a paedophile. Was it "The man with the child on his drive?"

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Schlippy"Not so much a misheard lyric as an act of colossal stupidity on my part, but for years I thought the Manic Street Preachers was (Manic Street) Preachers, rather than Manic (Street Preachers), if yer narmean.
You're not alone, so did I.

Perhaps it would have helped if DJs etc. actually pronounced it the way it's meant.

Nearly Annually

I've always had trouble with that too, because to me they weren't really all that manic, nor particularly "street", and not very preachy either. Least, not consistently enough to earn the name. "Manic Street Preachers" to me evokes Brew-fueled tramps going AAARRFUCKANAMAAAACUNTAA... I think that's what they meant.

Be'elzebub has a devil for a sideboard...

cobainchild94

A friend of mine wouldn't listen to David Bowie for years because he thought Ziggy Stardust was "Making love to his Eagle.."

Purple Tentacle

There was a quite good single a while back by someone called "BlueBoy", the one that went

"Remember me? I'm the whore who had your baby's lasagne."

I think it was "The whore who had your baby's eyes", but 'eyes' was so ludicrously drawn up it sounds exactly like lasagne.

OH YEAH I've just remembered one that I only found out was wrong a few weeks ago!

"I feel alright, the music smells better with you!"   (it's 'sounds' apparently.)

Rats

Listen to this http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/beans.mp3 from moving by Kate Bush. She definatly says

"la la la la la baked beans
la la la la la baked beans
la la la la la baked beeeeaaaaans, now"

and on sweetheart come by nick cave and the bad seeds, it sounds like he's singing "sweet hot cum". I'm always in hysterics when the backing singers start.

european son

Quote from: "cobainchild94"A friend of mine wouldn't listen to David Bowie for years because he thought Ziggy Stardust was "Making love to his Eagle.."

more mis-quoted than mis-heard, but my cousin used to refer to "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" as "that pull my finger song".

mycroft

Yet another 'Sidewinder...' one from me...

"Call me Tom Baker, call me Tom Baker"

I still think this should be the real lyric.

And as someone mentioned above, "All of the zombies are on their way", as sung by Elvis Costello and The Attractions.

dirkfunk

britney spears recent hit Toxic

i'm sure it has the line "your toxic cum slipping under"

make me a cuppa!

Rats

Nearly Annually

< FightsBackTheDejaVuEnnuie >

Went on a covers tour without ever finding out what the first line of Smells Like Teen Spirit was (Load up on guns). Had to invent a Norse God called "Lurwaka." Lurwaka comes, bring your friends... Thanks to the wonders of the Shure SM58, no-one ever came up to us and said Who's this Lurwaka, boys, and why's he such a great day out?

JJJJH

For ages I thought Errol Brown said:

"I believe in Malcolm... where ya from... ya sexy thing..."

I now realise it's:

"I bullied my friend Michael..."

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I think it was "The whore who had your baby's eyes", but 'eyes' was so ludicrously drawn up it sounds exactly like lasagne.
It's really "I'm the one that had your baby, ahh-ahhhh-ah". From Woman Of The Ghetto by Marlena Shaw.

Geng ge-ge-ge-ge-geng.

falafel

Of course there's "Bum a Barbie Girl", and, from the same song, the peculiar "Cum-Bum Barbie, Let's go Party".

I always heard the REM song as "comedy charm baker". "Comedy charm baker: I can always sleep standing up."

And another well known one: "Wake up in the morning, baked beans for breakfast... ...Whoah, whoah, me ears are alight".

When that song "Horny" came out, a friend of mine's mother would sing it loud and proud, "I'm Horny, Horny Horny Horny" whenever it came on the radio. Often in a car, with the windows down, and with fairly youg kids in the back seat. Turned out she thought it was "I'm Honey...". Which doesn't mean anything.

And I'll third "cocoa heart".

falafel

And I'm sure I heard Tori Amos going on about cornflakes... no, wait. That's the actual song.

Meh.

Oh yeah: Massive Attack's "Teardrops". I always though it was "Teardrop on a flower, feels like summer, pray", but it's actually "Teardrop on the fire, feathers on my breath".

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "falafel"Oh yeah: Massive Attack's "Teardrops". I always though it was "Teardrop on a flower, feels like summer, pray", but it's actually "Teardrop on the fire, feathers on my breath".
You and every other CT fan I know.  We all thought it was "feels like summer, pray" as well.  Didn't quite believe it when we found out.  Got the "fire" bit right, though.

An earlier contribution has now reminded me of this one by The Commodores:
"Well it's a once...twice...three times later..."

Peking O

What does Damon sing at the end of "Beetlebum?"

It sounds like "Piss on, piss on, piss on it" - it can't be can it?

Edit: no, a quick google lyric search turns up "he's on it," ah well.

morgs

I seem to remember Smash Hits getting in trouble with Deacon Blue over the end of Wages Day which they printed as 'Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex, On your wages day' instead of say say say say.... sounds like Sex to me.

Not that I play Deacon Blue anymore

Or Del Amitri

hmmmm....

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: "Peking O"What does Damon sing at the end of "Beetlebum?"

It sounds like "Piss on, piss on, piss on it" - it can't be can it?

Edit: no, a quick google lyric search turns up "he's on it," ah well.
That is definitely piss on, what ever the official lyrics say!!

A bit like the old one that the clash sing Fuck the casbah AND Sweet sung For fux sake on Fox on the run

hands cold, liver warm

I'm sure Blackout by British sea power contains the line "now you have drunk all your beer, go drown your empty socks"

Goldentony

danzig is always good for misheard lyrics

evil thing:
im a whore of the stubborn clam
can you fear my wanking
im a wowowowwow
im a 100 pound u boat

her black wings:
decadent mong
covered in shite
one two fraulein
yeaaa shit comb shit comb
enter bill oddie oh

european son

ok, on New Order's "Crystal", Barney sings "i'm applauded, then forgotten" nice and loud and clear.

but check this version from the Retro Box set, recorded at the Big Day Out, Gold Coast 20/01/2001

#"i'm a gibbon, then forgotten".....#

hmmmmm......

phes

La isla Bonita- "last night i dreamt of some dago". Sorry, i am ashamed of that one.

gazzyk1ns

Dubstar - Stars "We'll take our horse outside, leave our lives behind..."

Borboski

Quote from: "Rats"Listen to this http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/beans.mp3 from moving by Kate Bush. She definatly says

"la la la la la baked beans
la la la la la baked beans
la la la la la baked beeeeaaaaans, now"

Speaking of of which

"Come on Eileen ooh ooh I smell of baked beans
ah come ah-on - lets take off everything!"

from Come On Eileen by Dexy.

Jemble Fred

I see Theresa Green, and clowns off-white,
The Brian Blessed day, the dogs say goodnight,
And I think to myself...