Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:02:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comfort Threads

Started by jennifer, April 19, 2008, 05:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennifer

I don't drink that often, but today I have a hangover. So far I'm enjoying comfort telly (friends, muppets, and dr who in a bit), and comfort food (egg and sausage in a white muffin)

A tagger on the frustrating fucking game thread reminded me of 'Date Ariane' incident:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14620.0

Now I'd like more 'gentle' thread reading. Any other threads that are devoid of fighting and snipery, and just make you snot out your nose giggling?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fake TV Shows never fails to cheer me up.

The Weekly Chat Magazine thread and the accompanying headline ideas are a window into joy. The luxury of being able to access it with such ease typifies why the internet is brilliant.

jennifer

Well there's some 'comfort' to be had in the gentle misogyny of the tags, anyway.

Quote from: jennifer on April 19, 2008, 06:54:46 PM
Well there's some 'comfort' to be had in the gentle misogyny of the tags, anyway.

Is gentle misogyny a punch followed by flattery?

jennifer

It's more yanking pigtails and going 'girlgirlgirlgirlgirl' whenever a girl posts. It's kinda CUTE really.

rudi

Quote from: jennifer on April 19, 2008, 05:30:06 PMA tagger on the frustrating fucking game thread reminded me of 'Date Ariane' incident:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14620.0

Thank you so much! I'd forgotten that thread, am re-reading it now and crying with laughter.

This was the point where I first fell in love with Lady Beaner:

QuoteHow the hell did you get a blowjob out of her?! I just saw her taking a shit!

Given the right thread, the 'whores are the funniest people alive, I swear...

Artemis

I needed cheering up today after feeling pretty shit, not just health wise but because this weekend was supposed to be really good. I had a fair bit planned. Instead, I am staying in. At about 4pm, my housemate's sister burst in and announced that her and my housemate were going out on the razz and that I should joined them. I told her I wasn't feeling well and that I'd prefer to stay in. This was met with derision and an insistence that I really should go out. This got my back up because there's nothing that irritates me quite like people who spend a lot of time going out talking to you as if their own lifestyle is the benchmark by which yours should be judged. I gently explained, in a deliberately condescending manner, that once you get a little bit older it's not "all about going out". This conversation repeated itself until I escalated it by saying that once you hit 30, your values change a bit and you see the futility of the race instead of trying to win it. The girl in question then revealed she was older then me, and I subsequently asked her how she had reached that age but not learned something as fundamentally obvious as what I was saying. She got up and left the room, murmuring something that didn't sound very kind underneath her breath. Now I'm just relaxing until I inevitably get woken up by her return at 3am. Do all shared houses turn into fucking student-villes? I do hope not.

SOTS

Quote from: rudi on April 19, 2008, 08:34:19 PM
Thank you so much! I'd forgotten that thread, am re-reading it now and crying with laughter.

If i've only done one useful thing on this board since I joined, I now know it's starting that thread. Just last week, me and Derek Trucks were laughing at some of the caps from it that are still left in my photobucket.

Famous Mortimer

I think there's a site with every single possible photo and outcome from that game, somewhere. I also liked how when it crashed, you'd have stuff like her riding you, bare-ass-nekkid, with the car parked on a busy city centre street.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

This is my favourite thread ever:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=11947.0

Starts silly, gets very silly, then stops before getting too long.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Artemis on April 19, 2008, 08:40:30 PM
I subsequently asked her how she had reached that age but not learned something as fundamentally obvious as what I was saying.
I hope you phrased it a bit better than that, though.

rudi

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on April 21, 2008, 02:51:03 PM
This is my favourite thread ever:

Oh right - one you started. Fancy that... just fancy.

Great read though.

biggytitbo

The teleport thread was clearly nicked by the makers of Portal.

This is a great thread - http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=17293.0

Old Thrashbarg

This one. Short, but sweet, much like this post (albeit with added sweetness).

dr beat

My favourite one has to be this:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=16805.0

First thing I look at if ever need cheering up.

El Unicornio, mang

I just find CaB comforting in general. It's one of the first sites I come on in the day and it's like putting on a big comfy blue robe. Kind of. I can't think of a specific thread though.

Mindbear

Oooh, I'm having a proper day of comfyness today, after feeling a bit down in the mouth in general, I downloaded the first series of the apprentice that i'd never seen and just sat and watched the entire thing today. Really sad I know, but it's kept me entertained and cheered me up with all the drama and intrigue!