Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

----------------------

Started by sore bottom mum, February 04, 2004, 11:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

sore bottom mum

Flook

The obvious answer is to make a living from something you would like to be doing anyway. I like pissing about on a computer so I make websites and stuff, my mate loves riding his bike and hes a courier. Another friend is a  photographer, etc etc.

easy really

Bogey

Of  course, there is the argument that as soon as you're forced to do something you previously enjoyed, the experience starts to turn sour, and you wish you were just doing something easy and mindless.

sore bottom mum

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "Flook"The obvious answer is to make a living from something you would like to be doing anyway. I like pissing about on a computer so I make websites and stuff, my mate loves riding his bike and hes a courier. Another friend is a  photographer, etc etc.

easy really
..loves riding his bike!!!!!!!!....how old is he?

Flook

Well having spent years being forced to do stuff I fucking hated I find its quite easy to keep things in perspective now. I'd far rather be stressed out with pissing-about-on-computer type deadlines than so bored and self-worthless that scratching my arse seems like a bit of an jape.

It's got to be better to do something you can enjoy some of the time than something you despise all of the time.

Gosh, how frightfully mature

Flook

Quote from: "sore bottom mum"
Quote from: "Flook"The obvious answer is to make a living from something you would like to be doing anyway. I like pissing about on a computer so I make websites and stuff, my mate loves riding his bike and hes a courier. Another friend is a  photographer, etc etc.

easy really
..loves riding his bike!!!!!!!!....how old is he?

Haha! Nearly 40

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "Flook"Well having spent years being forced to do stuff I fucking hated I find its quite easy to keep things in perspective now. I'd far rather be stressed out with pissing-about-on-computer type deadlines than so bored and self-worthless that scratching my arse seems like a bit of an jape.

It's got to be better to do something you can enjoy some of the time than something you despise all of the time.

Gosh, how frightfully mature
Doing something you enjoy some of the time means that there are no good artists...they're all fucking Graphic Designers or work for advertising companies selling Carol Smiley........ have you seen her new advert?....with the Kilroy-style audience?!.... it makes me dance with puke

Flook

Pah - did Van Gogh enjoy shaving off his lughole? What about Kurt Cobain and heaps of other twisted geniuses, driven by their talent but unable to accept the reality they create.

And another - football referees. Why do apparently sane men dress up in black and put themselves in a situation where they get outrageous abuse screamed at them by up to 70,000 people every week? Cos they love football and they know they arent good enough but theyd give anything to be on the pitch at the cup final.

I agree with you on the smiley-whore though

NaN

in an ideal world i'd be content with some bottom of the barrel minimum wage job that i can do blindfolded.... and spend the rest of the time bettering myself by persuing various creative projects...

much like what i'm trying to do here at uni... if it wasn't for the fact that I'M paying THEM.... and substitute the "bettering myself" with increasing my beer belly and overdraft.....  ho hum....

i'd hate to be a career minded person and deep down i quietly look down apon those who are.... ignorant fucker such as i am

TOCMFIC

Work is a pointless concept. It's not designed to give YOU money. It designed to give you the scraps from someone who's richer than you, and who, for every quid they have to pay you, make about a hundred for themselves from what YOU'VE done.

People say we're top of the pile for species on Earth... And yet dolphins get to swim around and do fuck all all day...

Vermschneid Mehearties

There is of course working, and doing something you enjoy. Or working on something you don't particularly like, but with people you really like. My job for example is the latter. A shit, tedious job being payed virtually nothing, yet made ultimately essential because I get on so well with a few of my colleagues.

If you hate your job, don't get on with anyone, and being payed ridiculously low get out ASAP. There's bound to be better places.