Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 9

Started by Neil, April 23, 2008, 09:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyzaza

Hahahaha. Her "best bits" basically consisted of her entering and leaving.

Lee Van Cleef

That "Mikey's got a disability, open your eyes" line still cracks me up.

Wow.  This shit was what, 2 or 3 months ago?

thomasina

Balls, I like the 'nice person wins' thing.  Especially as she was edited against, ripped up by Rex, Davina and Big Brother at times and took it on the chin.  Rachel does have balls, she was genuinely and unobtrusively considerate to Michael when there were too many housemates to notice her much and other's were shouting 'MIKEY'S MY MATE, LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU CUNTS, HE;'S GOT A DISABILITY' (which Mikey didn't object to at all, the entitled little cunt).   She saw Luke's shit stirring before anyone, but only mentioned it in the diary room.  I'm happy enough with the result, even though there are people i would rather have seen win.

I do hope Mo was ordering a pizza.   

Lee Van Cleef

Watching this, it seems pretty obvious Darnell and Rex were by far the most entertaining housemates.

And they are still trying to crowbar as much Rebecca and Luke crap in as possible.

papalaz4444244

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 05, 2008, 10:49:44 PM
This is the most negative winner's interview / best bits I've ever seen. The producer's really didn't think she'd win, clearly. The shortest one too, I can only presume they cut out a lot of the questions which really criticised her for being dull.

Yup. Davina cut her off repeatedly in an interview about half as long a Mikey's. Rubbish.

Small Man Big Horse

QuoteWatching this, it seems pretty obvious Darnell and Rex were by far the most entertaining housemates.

I'd agree with you about Rex, though not Darnell, I didn't see all of the series by any means but when I did most of the time he seemed to be sitting around and moaning.

I missed the Mikey being hit by a ball in the pool thing originally, that made me laugh far more than it should have done.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RaiP9wY8rfk

Artemis

Quote from: Lee Van Cleef on September 05, 2008, 10:51:57 PM
Wow.  This shit was what, 2 or 3 months ago?

Yeah.... it's at this point that I wonder what the hell I've been doing with my life for this long.

I always get the impression that most of the housemates are now staring into the abyss, though. For them, the audition process will have dominated their lives from the moment they got past the third round. That's months before it starts. As each round went past, they'd be ever more consumed by the idea of being on BB, some sacrificing huge commitments. Now it's over, they've really got to think about what the fuck they do now, and for most, face the harsh reality that their dreams of super-stardom simply haven't materialised.

BBBM now.... could be interesting...

Ja'moke

Quote from: Kazuo Kiriyama on September 05, 2008, 10:43:51 PM
She's not an entertaining person either. I really thought reality TV audiences were over the whole "vote someone nice to win" thing over contestants/housemates who'd actually been entertaining.

True, but that was Darnell and Rex and they were already out, so out of Mikey and Rachel I most definitely wanted Rachel to win.

danielreal2k

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 05, 2008, 11:02:13 PM

I missed the Mikey being hit by a ball in the pool thing originally, that made me laugh far more than it should have done.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RaiP9wY8rfk

I never saw that until now, awesome

Ja'moke

Oh god BBBM is terrible, all those bitter housemates and Davina is such a bad host, she should challenge them.

Can't we bring in Jeff Probst the host of Survivor, he'd just get straight to it and say "Well Dale and Stu you really didn't do anything much more entertaining than Rachel anyway".

papalaz4444244

BBBM Wow! What a bunch of fucking BITTER individuals! It just reminded me of what wankers some of those housemates were.

Kazuo Kiriyama

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 05, 2008, 11:06:22 PM
True, but that was Darnell and Rex and they were already out, so out of Mikey and Rachel I most definitely wanted Rachel to win.

Mikey entertained the fuck out of me with his weirdness, his eating habits, his constantly getting hit by stuff and being furious, and his long fingers flapping about in his CUPS O' WATER. He was an absolute shit in the first six weeks, but once Luke and co got voted out, it was laughs all the way. The time he spilled spagetti all over the floor then collapsed in hysterics was worth more than the sum total of Rachel's time in the house.

Artemis

Davina's claws are well and truly out for Rachel on Big Mouth. She's also utterly shit at presenting, which I'd forgotten until now (BB shields her startling lack of talent with it's format)

Fuck me, did anyone see that 'Rick and Steve' gay/lego thing? Jesus, that might just be the bleakest, least funny thing I've ever seen.

Kazuo Kiriyama

I'll have to catch BBBM on +1. I made the terrible, in hindsight, decision to watch the 8 Out Of 10 Cats BB special instead. Luke is a panelist and his ratio of how witty he thinks he is and how witty he actually is could not be more skewed.

thomasina

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 05, 2008, 11:06:22 PM
Yes. a Mikey win would have just proved that the most irritating and bitchy cunt in the world can still win if other participants see something in them to do a 'White Knight ' thing and build up their victim status.  Darnell and Rex were the two who were most prominently unwilling to make concessions.

Ja'moke

I can't bear to watch 8 out of 10 Cats, but if anyone is watching can anyone tell me if Luke is getting the piss ripped out of him? Because if so I may tune it to the repeat?

Kazuo Kiriyama

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 05, 2008, 11:22:50 PM
I can't bear to watch 8 out of 10 Cats, but if anyone is watching can anyone tell me if Luke is getting the piss ripped out of him? Because if so I may tune it to the repeat?

I wouldn't recommend it. He is, as are Mario and Lisa, the other BB panellists, but typically of people like that they don't get it, and they're just talking over it all, not realising, not even understanding how timing works on panel shows.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Kazuo Kiriyama on September 05, 2008, 11:25:29 PM
I wouldn't recommend it. He is, as are Mario and Lisa, the other BB panellists, but typically of people like that they don't get it, and they're just talking over it all, not realising, not even understanding how timing works on panel shows.

Okay, think I'll give that a miss then.

papalaz4444244

Jen's orange face is making me sick. She looks like an Oompa Loompa with corpse-like teeth.

Artemis

Quote from: papalaz4444244 on September 05, 2008, 11:32:01 PM
Jen's orange face is making me sick. She looks like an Oompa Loompa with corpse-like teeth.

She's also very obviously NOT ok with the whole Dale thing. I suspect there's a story in there somewhere. Dale meanwhile is clearly on some kind of stimulant. He's all over the place. And Davina's practically sucking that Heat bloke's dick, fully aware that her career will live and die by the likes of Heat. She's also trying to promote her favourites, with little response from the crowd when she pleaded with Jabba and Gollum to endlessly sell themselves.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Kazuo Kiriyama on September 05, 2008, 11:25:29 PM

Yeah, they haven't contributed to it in any even vaguely entertaining way. Charley walking out (and then sheepishly coming back again) has been the closest they've come. Sean Lock's been quite good though, and isn't taking it seriously at all.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Am I right in thinking this was Davina's last year?  Only she just said "See you next year."

Kazuo Kiriyama

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on September 05, 2008, 11:47:54 PM
Am I right in thinking this was Davina's last year?  Only she just said "See you next year."

Nah, she unfortunately signed on for a few more years starting with this series.

Have they mentioned auditions for BB10 yet? I ask because BB10 has long been rumoured the BB Allstars series, with the likes of the Slick Man. If they're auditioning for new housemates, that's obviously not going to happen.

papalaz4444244

What an absolutely disgraceful question to ask anybody. "Will you share your prize?" That was cringeworthy.

Does anyone else think Davina is one of the worst presenters on TV and wonder how she gets any work with her egregious presenting style?

Kazuo Kiriyama

Quote from: papalaz4444244 on September 05, 2008, 11:52:32 PM
Does anyone else think Davina is one of the worst presenters on TV and wonder how she gets any work with her egregious presenting style?

Everyone? I've never heard of anyone who thinks she's any cop.

remedial_gash

Quote from: Kazuo Kiriyama on September 05, 2008, 11:54:36 PM
Everyone? I've never heard of anyone who thinks she's any cop.

She was shit playing second fiddle to Ray Cokes back in the day, and she's still shit now.

Poor the Ray Cokes.

Gash
x

Small Man Big Horse

Blimey, there's a blast from the past, whatever did happen to Ray? I used to really like his MTV show and then he seemingly vanished off the planet.*

As for Davina, she made a really great host for Streetmate, and made it more entertaining than it had any right to be. And I don't think she was too bad during BB1 and BB2, but since then it's all been sadly downhill. I'd like to think it's the producer's fault, and that they make her say such terrible things against her will (and surely with the interviews, that has to be partly the case), but I get the feeling that if anything she probably has more say over what she says these days than she has previously.

*Edit: Ah, I did a bit of googling and that's pretty much what did happen. Still, from his myspace page he looks cheery enough.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Kazuo Kiriyama on September 05, 2008, 11:51:41 PM
Nah, she unfortunately signed on for a few more years starting with this series.

Have they mentioned auditions for BB10 yet? I ask because BB10 has long been rumoured the BB Allstars series, with the likes of the Slick Man. If they're auditioning for new housemates, that's obviously not going to happen.

Auditions for BB10 start in January, so no All-Stars yet unfortunately.

Unless the format has a complete revamp for BB10 I can't see it doing well at all, I mean the series average this year was 3.2 million, decent enough but no where near the heights it once achieved and if it sticks to the same old routine the ratings will just continue to decrease.

mcbpete

Yay, I finally managed to make an entire series without seeing even part of an episode or any of the offshoot shows. It doesn't appear as if I've missed much though. It's weird, I watched the previous 8 series pretty religiously, but halfway between series 8 I thought: fuck this....

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: papalaz4444244 on September 05, 2008, 09:06:23 PMA blazer, what are you an old Pontins man? If Rex had said that you would be saying it was the wittiest thing ever.

I thought it was quite witty anyway, and not bullying neither.

Not that you were talking to me.  :-)

Quote from: danielreal2k on September 05, 2008, 10:35:00 PMWonder what Rachel will spend the £100,000 on

I dunno, just as long as it keeps her away from ill-educating children, I'll be happy.