Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,339
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GTA IV - The "IT'S OUT!!!" Thread

Started by Neil, April 26, 2008, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: VegaLA on April 28, 2008, 07:32:24 PM
Trying to think up some MP games we can play using RockStars GameTypes.
Anyone else care to add to the list?

One of the reviews I skimmed through mentioned that they played "King Kong" in the open multi-player option. Which was basically 3 players going up the version of the Empire State  building with rocket launchers and the rest hopping into helicopters and having a shoot out.

Bogey

Ah, yes, that's a fair point. According to GTA4.net it went "gold" only ten days ago.

Still! Bastards!

Cheeky Monkey

Vega that Warriors game mode you've come up with is quite possibly the best idea I've ever heard. If there's any justice everyone in the world will be playing it within weeks.

If you manage to get a game up and running, count me in. I'm getting the game delivered tomorrow morning, so feel free to add me everybody (gamertag = MartyMcNulty)

*waits patiently for everyone to get back from Asda*

Space ghost

W00t

Got a copy.

There was about 50 people outside the Gamestation I went to but they had loads of copies to go round.

Borboski

Got mine!

Glad I got there at 11:10pm... only by mistake because I thought it was much further than it was, and jogged down.  By 10 to 12 there were easily 150 people there... for 40 copies!  I expect a riot in the news tommorow!

Right, one well deserved pear cider then two hours play!

Huzzie

Quote from: VegaLA on April 28, 2008, 07:32:24 PM
Trying to think up some MP games we can play using RockStars GameTypes.

I had three ideas.

1: The Warriors: One gang of four have to reach the Beach before the other three gangs kill them off. Winner is the gang that wastes the most Warriors or if 1 Warrior makes it to the beach then they have won.

2: Dawn of the Dead: One gang of four have to hold up in the biggest building available and fend off the Zombies (other MP players) until Dawn. If a player is killed they respawn as a Zombie and can attack their former friends. If any of the Survivors make it till dawn they win, if they are all killed Zombies win. Zombies can kill by knife only.

3: Jack the Ripper: Abduct/Kill off as many Hookers as possible (alright you saw this one coming) before other MP players take you down. May work well with the Cops and Robbers gamertypes but like all these suggestions we're limited to Rockstars gameTypes.

I'm well busy here at work today.
Anyone else care to add to the list?

Vega!

Don't say things like this. I'm going to have to go without food and money for two weeks if you make me buy a new 360.

chocky909

Huzzie!

Nice to see you again. Hope you'll be sticking around.

Bogey

I concur!

Hope things are good for you Huzz, careful you don't "waste" too much time in Liberty City!

hoverdonkey

I got mine at 12.10am. ASDA had 28 copies for each console but there were over 100 people there. It was very difficult to walk back past them not looking massively smug.

Played for an hour. Love it. I always take things really slowly at the start to soak it all in. You can just stand on a street corner and watch the world go by. Off to bed now.

evil_jesus

Feck that..!!

(hello all, btw)

i have been dreaming about this game for so long.....been counting down IN HOURS since beginning of april!

got a mate to drive me to GAME in Belfast ..... (i was told on the phone by them that they would NOT sell out b4 2moro, but i'm sure you'll understand i just needed it tonight!) being ill at the mo and the cold being my nemesis, i decided i'd leave it untill after 12 o'clock to go to the store, which brings me back to my previous statement.... FECK THAT...... at least 500 people (maybe more) in/outside both GAME and HMV (stores are next to eachother)... i'm not big on queueing at the best of times!

i'm also not one who scrambles to buy a game on day of release, that show's in the amateurish way i went about getting my copy (yes there is a copy out there with my name on it ! it was in one of those afore mentioned dreams!)

so to the back-up plan.......

Tesco at the end of my street opens at 8.00am they have copies (checked before going to GAME) and i'm guessing the queue there will be somewhat less.

Neil, unfortunately i wont be able to shoot the shit outta ya as i'm on a PS3 ! (i dont deal with inferior consoles!! .....(thats a joke, before i get mobbed by touchy fanboys !)

so think i'll get some sleep now, while i have a chance.

to all those who got a copy... fair play to ya's

chocky909

I'm still deciding whether to throw a sickie tomorrow or not. My amazon copy was posted 1st class yesterday (Monday) so hopefully it'll arrive this morning.

This is all pretty massive. Maybe it's because I'm paying more attention that for previous big releases but this seems huge. I wonder if there'll be shortages and records broken and riots tomorrow with people being denied their preorders.

VegaLA

Quote from: Huzzie on April 29, 2008, 12:37:56 AM

Vega!

Don't say things like this. I'm going to have to go without food and money for two weeks if you make me buy a new 360.

Stack me Huzzie good to see you back on the board. Even better when I see you on the streets of Liberty City ! Food is over-rated and stick a bucket in the garden, you can get that for free.

Pleased the Warriors idea went down well. Wednesday should be pure online chaos. I've not heard from Sinbad today so i'm guessing he's already fartarsing about. Gonna check my account on xbox.com

So which is the largest building in the game you can enter and explore then? Can you get access to that Library from the GhostBusters movie. Is it even there?

Pseudopath

I managed to get the last PS3 copy at my local Tesco, but there must have been at least another 30 people behind me in the PS3 queue. I managed to hotfoot it out of the area, but heard one of the unlucky guys whinge that Tesco were a "Microsoft shill" and "always treated PlayStation owners like dirt". Hee hee.

Been playing it for the past hour. The graphical style seems a little odd at first - everything seems a little shimmery and hazy, but I've already experienced countless awestruck moments when I realised just how much stuff was taking place on-screen at any moment. Like many others have said, you can easily spend time just standing around on a sidewalk watching pedestrians going about their thing. Great stuff.

Borboski

You know as I left Tesco, I genuinely thought there was a risk of being mugged.  The majority of the people in the queue were hard-looking ne-er do wells, lovely lads I'm sure!

With all the level of detail and goings-on, if they've actually managed to come up with a decent on-foot control system, it sounds like the game you always dreamed about as a kid, staying up all night imagining then-outlandish stuff with pals (or more like with a piece of paper LOL!!!!!).

"You could somersault off his neck and land straight in the queue for the chippy, get a fish cake and then pickpocket the teacher in front of you, motorboat that girl's boobs and then waste them all with an Uzi before drinking a beer, doing a fart and flying off on a hoverboard. Woo hoo!"

Edit: /\/\/\ obviously that was the other boys. I was more like "You could have like a moustache and some wicked red dungas, kicking shells at amphibious creatures and picking up a leaf which would turn you into a raccoon and you could fly and drop behind white stuff in the background and you could chase the same chaste bitch for twenty-odd years."

Ron Seal

Had the good sense to preorder at gamestation and game, and so was out in about ten minutes. The queue at Game was huge.

I'm not going to Asda now. I'd feel a proper gimp.

But the tales of selling out already are worrying me - where do you lot live that you have a hundred people queueing for games at supermarkets at midnight?

bill hicks

Tesco's had 21 copies. TWENTY-ONE! Since we only got there at 12.10am to be met with a giant queue as soon as we overheard the words "only 8 left now" we legged it out.

Tried Game and Gamestation in Bognor. Both were doing pre-orders only. Fortunately one of our number was friendly with the staff at Game and asked if they had spares. They did not.

Dejected we came back to Chichester and thought we'd check on Gamestation to make sure. No sign saying pre-orders only, still a big queue...lot's of copies...could it be? It could. In the end we ended up buying copies from the shop 5 minutes walk from my fucking house all along.

However the number of 360 copies was dwindling fast. If you are thinking of a Games shop to buy from I'd recommend going early. If you can't get there early try the usual less obvious places like Argos and Woolies.

Chichester and Bognor Regis are not exactly metropolitan centres after all and if the local shitty little Gamestation can still have a fairly sizeable queue 45 minutes after opening at Midnight for a game then I think it's safe to say that copies will be flying off shelves tomorrow.

Oh and...it's really worth the hype. My god this game is amazing. Spent an hour doing missions and then just got into some multiplayer games with mates. Such bloody good fun pissing about. When you get it go into Free Mode in multiplayer and get a Helicopter and just fly around. The map is absolutely enormous.

However nowhere in the documentation does it explain how to start multiplayer games, or what the fuck they are. It's a bit of a shambles really. But so good when you get in there. Me and two friends just spent 5 hours playing multiplayer after all. No strangers, just the three of us, and it was brilliant. A full load of 16 mates...my god. Never need another multiplayer game again.

Get it at all costs.

Penfold

BANG BANG BANG

(open door)

Postie: Here you Go.

Me: Thanks.

Balls to all that queuing crap.

Me so happy.

Yeah, you've missed out on seven hours of the high life, buddy. Award yourself one pat on the forehead, hard.

Penfold

might be some kind of blasphemy but the seven hours of sleep i had instead were pretty sweet, if you're lucky maybe i'll take the time to tell you a little more about them some day.

Sure thing, sounds like the best use of my time. Just let me power down my hoverboard, turn off the secret new album Daft Punk just delivered to my house, save my game on GTA5 and lever this geisha off my pampered balls.

Ok, I'm all ears.

Fry

Will I get mine, I  did pre-order it. Game wouldn't sell my pre-order, will they?

Got it, for the princely sum of 65 Euros. They did throw in a free shitty plastic cup with the logo on it though. I might get a picture of it for you if you're patient.

I'll see most of you tonight I wager.

falafel

Got it! Moved the ps3 to the boyfy's flat in anticipation, he bought a shiny new 37 inch telly on sunday and am just walking home waiting to use it... BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE THE INTERNET. Because it's a new flat, basically, and hasn't got it set up. Sure the single player will be fab anyway but it was a bit of a trade off. Game on Leeds headrow was dead quiet, thex were only giving away preorders though.

Kazuo Kiriyama

Quote from: Penfold on April 29, 2008, 07:11:03 AM
BANG BANG BANG

(open door)

Postie: Here you Go.

Me: Thanks.

Balls to all that queuing crap.

Me so happy.

Where the fuck do you live that the post comes that early?

I've got an agonising wait until at least noon.

My mate drove to Speke airport to buy a copy!