Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:02:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GTA IV - The "IT'S OUT!!!" Thread

Started by Neil, April 26, 2008, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father O`Blivion

Quote from: hoverdonkey on February 25, 2009, 11:38:59 AM
But then you'd be diddling yourself out of a further 29p. If you get a 2000 point card, that'll go towards something in the future.

What's another 29p when you're already getting screwed out of £4 anyway?

VegaLA

Has anyone played this recently?
Gave it a spin this weekend and it prompted an update so I decided to see if it was a fix for something or if new material had been added and found that the GPS devices in cars now give turn by turn instructions. I also hit the comedy club and Kat Williams gave a performance.

Anyone else given this some time? Noticed anything new after the update?

Rev

Neither of those things are new, like.

Quote from: VegaLA on March 08, 2010, 05:22:21 AMthe GPS devices in cars now give turn by turn instructions.

Maybe you were just driving old cars before?

mobias

Quote from: VegaLA on March 08, 2010, 05:22:21 AM
Has anyone played this recently?
Gave it a spin this weekend and it prompted an update so I decided to see if it was a fix for something or if new material had been added and found that the GPS devices in cars now give turn by turn instructions.

That feature has always been there, but its limited to certain cars.

VegaLA

Really? I've driven jam jars before and not had the turn by turn voice yelping at me before, and some of the cars I was driving were both new and old crap vehicles so.... ARE YOU SURE?
Just a bit suspect after being prompted for an update. I'd not played it for quite a while but I definetly do not remember turn by turn instructions.

Kat Williams was neveer in the game before either.

Uncle TechTip

If you go back to the first few pages there are posts which discuss Williams & Gervais.

And turn-by-turn was enabled the first time I stepped into a car, didn't take me long to turn it off. But I only started playing at PC version 1.0.0.4, so maybe that proves nothing.

mobias

Quote from: VegaLA on March 08, 2010, 03:41:30 PM
Really? I've driven jam jars before and not had the turn by turn voice yelping at me before, and some of the cars I was driving were both new and old crap vehicles so.... ARE YOU SURE?
Just a bit suspect after being prompted for an update. I'd not played it for quite a while but I definetly do not remember turn by turn instructions.

Kat Williams was neveer in the game before either.

You can turn the voice on the sat nav either on or off in the games menu. Maybe you had it set to off and after the update it defaulted back to on again.

As far as I know none of the update patches for GTAIV have actually added content. They've only fixed known bugs in the games code, mainly in the online portion of the game. Only the two downloadable packs for the 360 have added actual game content.

VegaLA

Rev

Damn straight you've been told.  Coming around here with your 'I never noticed that before' like a cunt.

The GPS thing is actually pretty easy to miss, because it's usually only a feature in the cars that it would be appropriate to; the sensible family runarounds that you'd only nick if you were really desperate.  You probably just didn't bother with them before.

I was about to say how nice it is that you've noticed little details in a game that's been out for quite a while, when it occurred to me that GTA4 has been out for two fucking years now.  That neither sounds or feels right, does it?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

VegaLA

Quote from: Rev on March 09, 2010, 03:23:00 AM

I was about to say how nice it is that you've noticed little details in a game that's been out for quite a while, when it occurred to me that GTA4 has been out for two fucking years now.  That neither sounds or feels right, does it?

I know. Two years and another two years from now we should be playing the [sad optimism] next GTA title [/sad optimism]. We'll see.
It is nice that there are still little things to do in the game after all this time. Great game to return too, especially  locations you've already been to but were in a hurry to rush out of. Remember that mission in the old hospital? Yeah, you couldn't wait to get your arse out of there then but after completing the campaign it's worth revisiting to see if there is anything you may have missed.
Right now i'm mopping up on the wanted lists but will save some of that when the hype for the next game is released.

I got a PS3 for Christmas. Nice to pick this up as a budget title. Not a big gamer, but bought 4 budget titles, just for the hell of it. Hardly into GTA yet, and barely touched the other games.

syntaxerror

So I just bought this (srs) and it's ace. In maybe 2/3 years I will play GTA5 but for now this is good. Don't understand why it got so much stick (despite critical acclaim). COOL GAME, YO.

hedgehog90

This is not on... Let it rest in peace.

syntaxerror

Hollow

Quote from: syntaxerror on November 01, 2013, 05:48:44 PM
So I just bought this (srs) and it's ace. In maybe 2/3 years I will play GTA5 but for now this is good. Don't understand why it got so much stick (despite critical acclaim). COOL GAME, YO.

It's a shadow of the game GTA V is, and San Andreas, even Vice City is better...it's dark and dreary...the character you play as is dull as dishwater...the cars handle like crap.

It's got no planes...hardly any boats...it's got nothing that made San Andreas good...no stat levelling...tiny (compared to SA) map.

Rubbish modern radio...I could go on and on about what's wrong with GTA IV, it nearly put me off the series for life...good job the new one is so awesome.