Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:48:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DIY Fake Ghost Photos

Started by Phil_A, April 29, 2008, 11:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Look! I was trying out a new camera in my front room just now, and upon uploading the image I discovered what appears to be a translucent shape hovering behind the chair to the right! I think this proves once and for all beyond all doubt that ghosts really do exist.

And if that wasn't enough, closer examination of the ceiling reveals evidence of demonic activity:

Now you do some. It's easy! The top one took me five minutes in Paint.NET, and I'm sure others can do better. They can be jokey or convincing, but ideally it would good if we could actually get some in circulation as "real" ghost photos. Why not invent some backstory for extra spookiness? For instance, my ghost is the spirit of a disgruntled butler who died after a decorative urn fell and crushed his skull during a fatal dusting accident.

mook

Not really what you're after, but fuck it, it's what your getting.

Something I made for a Worth1000 competition years ago.

I'll have a go at a proper one later.

Phil_A

I'm just glad anyone replied at all, to be honest! I could see this thread dying on it's arse the moment I pressed "Post".

ziggy starbucks

legend has it that a mysterious ghost follows the McCann family wherever they go. The ghost appears to be a young child, possibly a girl, who is wearing a hat and holding some tennis balls. The ghost seems to wish the family well because ever since it appeared, the family have made lots of money and become world celebrities. Kate McCann has been known to call it the "good luck ghost". The family have reported strange noises and whispering in their home, and the ghost has lifted bottles of calpol into the air before smashing them on the ground. The significance of this is totally unknown.

Jemble Fred

Worth a repost (Yes it is, shut up).

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Phil_A on April 29, 2008, 11:14:59 AM
And if that wasn't enough, closer examination of the ceiling reveals evidence of demonic activity:

Indeed - rather than plummeting through the air to shatter on the floor to much hilarity, that chandelier actually seems to be fixed or - even more scarily - fastened to the ceiling.

The Plaque Goblin

Cambrian Times

What's really disturbing about that pic is the woman next to the woman with the pushchair is hovering in mid air.

Uncle TechTip

Good grief I hadn't noticed!

(it's a very famous photo. Well, a bit famous clearly)

Emma Raducanu

What is the original called?

Marv Orange

Sayle, Atkinson-Wood, Gorman, Henry, Tarrant and Carolgees (Deceased)

Still Not George

Quote from: quadraspazzed on May 21, 2008, 01:50:01 PM
http://www.castleofspirits.com/Australianghosthunters/womannolegs.html
It's weird the way it becomes so obvious once it's explained to you - she sort of "turns" in your head and suddenly it's perfectly normal.

Cerys

Aberystwyth Castle has at least one ghost.  One story goes that on an occasion when the castle was damaged by fire, there were two children who tried to shelter from the flames by hiding in a corner.  Usurprisngly, they both died.  Rather more surprising is the fact that only one ghost is seen in that part of the ruins.  Most surprising of all is the fact that I wasn't aware of anything spooky in the frame when I took this photo, which shows a figure rather too tall to be a child:

Newmski

LOOK!!!! You can just make it out!! On the left... next to the woman? It's smiling, which seems to suggest it is aware of the photographer.  Creepy.

Cerys

Nah, you're only seeing it because you want it to be there.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Cerys on July 17, 2008, 03:45:35 PM
Aberystwyth Castle has at least one ghost story.

Fixed! Nice place for a smoke, anyway.

Newmski

After a little research I discovered that the apparition was in fact... the female!

Cerys

Quote from: Newmski on July 17, 2008, 04:45:36 PMAfter a little research I discovered that the apparition was in fact... the female!

I beg to differ.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Cerys on July 17, 2008, 05:03:41 PM

for some reason that made me think of alvin and the chipmunks

Newmski

Hmmmm.. Indeed.

Perhaps the unborn twin that perished in her mothers womb now haunts her.. and whispers in her ear "you stupid twat"

Cerys

Quote from: ziggy starbucks
for some reason that made me think of alvin and the chipmunks

I've often wondered about that.  What is Alvin if he isn't a chipmunk?  Surely it should be either 'Alvin and two other chipmunks' or just plain 'the chipmunks'.  To call it 'Alvin and the chipmunks' makes it sound as though Alvin is somehow superior, and yet he still has that annoying squeaky voice.  So where does the superiority come in?  Is it because he has a hat?

ziggy starbucks

I think Alvin writes all the songs

Cerys

But they're shit!  Although ... maybe that's why his name is stressed, to keep the other two from being lined up against the wall when the inevitable rodent revolution comes.

Newmski

The superiority comes in the fact that Alvin is the only one without a disability. Simon is blind and the other one is obese.  Alvin is therefore superior and its his goddam show/world. Its basic Disney channel/Nazi ethics

tater pie

Beyond the Alvin debate (serious as it is) I thought I would post this fake ghost photo that I did when I first read this thread but never actually uploaded:

Unfortunately I did not actually draw the skeleton and it's shit because I used paint which is the only thing on my computer...

whorespital

Quote from: The Plaque Goblin on May 19, 2008, 01:50:51 AM

And this is where the lady's legs ended up.

As for this one, somebody help me out....

http://www.angelsghosts.com/scariest_ever_scary_video.html

If you pause and back track at the moment before they back down and run away, tis a bit scary actually. I guess the more you watch it the more you are trying to look for something but when the disbelief is suspended, little plop come from bum.

this three=

http://www.angelsghosts.com/possessed_woman_scary_video

and this four, this is good I must say. Creepy as fuck.

[youtube=425,350]
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=hnNplKfY6O8[/youtube]

Phil_A

Quote from: whorespital on August 20, 2008, 03:04:38 PM
And this is where the lady's legs ended up.

As for this one, somebody help me out....

http://www.angelsghosts.com/scariest_ever_scary_video.html

If you pause and back track at the moment before they back down and run away, tis a bit scary actually. I guess the more you watch it the more you are trying to look for something but when the disbelief is suspended, little plop come from bum.

Nah, I'm not buying that one. It's just one of their mates with a plastic bag on his head. Also, perhaps if they'd kept the fucking camera still instead of screaming like women and running away, we would've been able to actually see what was so scary.

this three=

http://www.angelsghosts.com/possessed_woman_scary_video

It's just a woman talking in a growly voice! Where's the head-rotating and levitation?

and this four, this is good I must say. Creepy as fuck.

[youtube=425,350]
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=hnNplKfY6O8[/youtube]

That is good. It's just like the crying ghost shadow from Silent Hill 4. Although on the offchance that it is for real, you have to wonder why they don't just turn the lights on.