Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

Started by Vitalstatistix, April 30, 2008, 10:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitalstatistix

..has leaked.

Anyone heard it yet?

I'm listening to it through for the first time and am loving it so far. As a big Apologies fan and not so big a Sunset Rubdown fan I was a little apprehensive about this album but it has that perfect Wolf Parade sound to my ears.

Maybe not as immediate as Apologies, but interesting structures, insistent melodies, layered chaotic sounds, it's all there. Wouldn't mind hearing a bit more Krug yelping though..

actwithoutwords

On my second listen at the moment. Enjoying it. Language City is nice. The end of California Dreamer is great as well, and there are some great sections in Kissing the Beehive. Too early to properly judge anyway. I was never a huge fan of Apologies I must say, some great moments, but very patchy.

Anon

Pretty nice so far - certainly not as immediate as Apologies, but a hell of a lot more consistent.  Not entirely convinced by some of the more pompously 70s harmonies, but I do get the feeling they'll probably grow on me in time - Bang Your Drum followed by California Dreamer is already a fantastic middle section for me.