Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Brass Eye unseen material!

Started by Darles Chickens, May 13, 2008, 03:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well I've not seen it before anyway... it seems to have been unearthed by a chap with close links to Michael Cumming (director of Brass Eye).  The first clip is Brass Eye Gold, and it's a crying shame that it never made it into the 'Sex' episode, though I guess the joke was reprised in the BES.

(Spoiler'd due to distinctly NSFW YouTube preview picture!)

Spoiler alert

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nZAnj1pEcuw[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7uH12MJUbNk[/youtube]
[close]

Notice the different Brass Eye interlude sting, with a different font too.

There must be tons of other cut material out there somewhere - maybe more will find its way out one day.  I was sure there was a SOTCAA page on Brass Eye way back when, but I'm buggered if I can find it now.

Edit: hello by the way, second post in 4 years... good job....

Slaaaaabs

jaydee81

Wow... great find. Love the Sullivan clip

The Masked Unit

Small Man Big Horse

That's brilliant stuff, especially the first one. Even though it's just a couple of minutes, this has been the highlight of my month comedy wise!

Edit: You need to use the direct links, The Masked Unit, I'm watching it now so it's definitely still there.

Mob Bunkhaus

The uploader, Youmatico:

QuoteYoumatico re masters the analogue early work of film maker, video artist and director Michael Cumming from U-Matic videotape,16 and 8mm film formats to small digital boxes viewable on the internet. The 'favorites' section of this channel features a selection of some of Michael's television comedy work already available on You Tube and there is also a condensed version of his Showreel # 28 viewable here. Available from time to time will be rare and unseen clips, out takes and selections from the more obscure television Michael has directed over the last twenty years.

There's Down The Line stuff and Kevin Eldon's 'Paul Hamilton' Comedy Lab on there.

I imagine that the unearther has as close links to Cumming as it's possible to get.

Hello Darles Chickens ( and all hail a fellow Spoonerite).

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Crikey. Thanks for those. The Sullivan clip is great.

Sullivan: Take away the rubber hose.

Morris: I suppose that's the answer to a lot of our problems.

Just reminds you of how brilliant Morris is at keeping a straight face during these absurd interviews.

Neil

Oh my God! 

That David Sullivan clip is hilarious.  "This offensive?"

Slaaaaabs

I seen em now, the Sullivan one is superb!

jaydee81

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2008, 03:59:16 PM
Oh my God! 

That David Sullivan clip is hilarious.  "This offensive?"

Heehee... this is like the new Indiana Jones... the quest to find the hilarious LOST Brasseye clips.

Obvously the Sullivan one must've been cut for having ketchup squirted onto an erect penis dildo thingy. Bloody lawyers

boxofslice

Excellent.
Strange that it turns up after 11 years, wonder why it wasn't included on the DVD release?

jaydee81

Sullivan might even've objected to them being shown... in which case they couldn't have included them.
Nothing can stop the internet though!

boxofslice

Quote from: jaydee81 on May 13, 2008, 04:20:16 PM
Sullivan might even've objected to them being shown... in which case they couldn't have included them.
Nothing can stop the internet though!

If I remember correctly Sullivan was really pissed off at the time even to the point of giving out Morris phone number in the Sunday Sport.

thepuffpastryhangman

Quote from: youmaticoThis clip never made the final cut as other Sullivan interview sections were chosen instead.

Sounds like quality control.

And that clip was better than anything on tele I've seen since, for some while.

drberbatov

Quote from: boxofslice on May 13, 2008, 04:24:28 PM
If I remember correctly Sullivan was really pissed off at the time even to the point of giving out Morris phone number in the Sunday Sport.

That would never have worked. (a) There are a lot of telephone numbers in the Sport, it's a real number jungle (b) Most of them charge £1.50 a minute

boxofslice

Quote from: drberbatov on May 13, 2008, 04:30:57 PM
That would never have worked. (a) There are a lot of telephone numbers in the Sport, it's a real number jungle (b) Most of them charge £1.50 a minute

I'm sure it was a two page article with a picture of Morris walking down the street, calling him a sicko and blasting him for making fun of their owner. Then underneath the piece was Morris' alleged phone number and asking readers to call it so they could tell him exactly what they thought of his 'brass eye'.

Doctor Stamen

Love the Sullivan clip, he's not having a good week is he.

ThickAndCreamy

Thanks a lot for these, absolutely hilarious as always. By chance is there any more clips that are unseen as I, as well as as most of CAB, would love to see them.

Marvin

Wow! Thanks so much for posting these.

That Sullivan clip is bloody fantastic.

eluc55

Nothing new to add, other than another vote of thanks, and a clap for the brilliant Sullivan clip. Much better than the one that got into the finished show, I'd say.

Entropy Balsmalch

Quote from: jaydee81 on May 13, 2008, 04:20:16 PM

They never did with Brass Eye - which was always what made the lawyers twitchy - essentially the channel was claiming they could show the clips in the public interest, because the show was making a satire of stars who comment on subjects of which they know little about.

I'm remember Claire Raynor talking about how she only found out she'd been on it after someone phoned her up the next day.

And, since the broadcast, at least one "star" (a politician whose name elludes me) managed to get himself removed from the show - but only on the technicality they used bits of him between takes when he didn't think the camera was rolling.

It's much more likely the compliance department had a problem with the plastic fanny and the dildo - quality control or even editing pace - it's quite a long piece compared to most of the other interview sections, so could feel out of place and just didn't get in for that reason alone.

Who knows?

PS - edit for silly first word and also to add a "Thanx attack" for the clips - which I didn't do first time round.

neveragain

The excised politician was Maurice Bright, if memory serves.

Very nice to see the unseen too. Well done Mr. Chickens.

Little Hoover

It does also have his "good luck getting this on t.v" comment which takes you out of the reality of the show. And they might not have been able to edit around it.

JCBillington

Quote from: Little Hoover on May 13, 2008, 07:05:39 PM
It does also have his "good luck getting this on t.v" comment which takes you out of the reality of the show. And they might not have been able to edit around it.

Also, it's Morris' character, not Sullivan, that is the focus of the humour - Sullivan seems rather non-plussed and bemused, and certainly doesn't enter into the kind of debate that would make him look like a dick, and therefore be funny.

Still, great find.

JCBillington

The Caddy clip is very similar to, but not as good as, the vicar bullying bit from TDT.

Artemis

When Morris reveals the doll contraption thing I nearly collapsed in hysterics. Absolutely superb. Thanks!

Another clip I'd love to see, of the many there must be, is the one in the opening credits when he shows up at a press conference and you can see John Major (is it?). There must be plenty more.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Entropy Balsmalch on May 13, 2008, 05:44:07 PM
it's quite a long piece

You're damn right it is!

Man, I should work with Chris Morris.

non capisco

Great find, cheers Darles Chickens!

As JCBillington said, the 'caddies' clip feels like an inferior On The Hour/Day Today sketch (although I did smirk at 'do you want tee?'), but the Sullivan one was glorious. The fact he doesn't really 'play ball' and react that much is funny enough in itself, just seeing him blithely looking on at that doll and saying 'well...that's bizarre'.

I wonder which episode the caddies sketch was intended for?

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: non capisco on May 13, 2008, 09:46:40 PM
Great find, cheers Darles Chickens!

As JCBillington said, the 'caddies' clip feels like an inferior On The Hour/Day Today sketch (although I did smirk at 'do you want tee?'), but the Sullivan one was glorious. The fact he doesn't really 'play ball' and react that much is funny enough in itself, just seeing him blithely looking on at that doll and saying 'well...that's bizarre'.

I wonder which episode the caddies sketch was intended for?

I think the very beginning of the Caddies stuff is used as the ad bumper in moral decline. Right before the Clive Anderson news report.