Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tattoo You

Started by Gandhi, April 19, 2004, 12:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elliot

Quote from: "fanny splendid"So are you looking for pretty much a life like representation, but viewed from such a perspective as to make the head look very large?

Hmm, having read back your post, you say you want bold? Now do you mean bold and lifelike, or bold and stylised, but not cartoonish?

Good questions, I dont know what I want now.
I suppose lifelike but not photo realismnmnmn.
Bold and stylised sounds right.
The fish's head (above) is too small and pointy.
Ill do some more searching.
cheers

Elliot

Quote from: "Cerys"Could you post a larger version of that picture for us to work with?  (Or at least mong beyond all human decency <evil grin> ...?)

Im hoping my Mrs will bring the camera back tonight.
So Ill try and get a larger pic sorted.

fanny splendid

Hmm, I'm just playing, but do tell if I'm getting wamer?

Elliot

Quote from: "fanny splendid"[Hmm, I'm just playing, but do tell if I'm getting wamer?
yes, fish size is almost there possibly larger and maybe fish going up hill, struggling with life an all that hokus pokus bollocks, not sure about the little boy though. As you can see I'm about 30kgs heavier and dont have as nice an arse as him. You did that on purpose didnt you?
If anyone wants to mong me a nicer arse feel free, and if possible trim those love handles aswell. (and add some jeans ,those boxers are a wee bit tight)I cant do it as that would be a tad  bias and possibly ghey

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Elliot"...not sure about the little boy though. As you can see I'm about 30kgs heavier and dont have as nice an arse as him. You did that on purpose didnt you?

heh, you won't believe some of the things I had to see, to find a picture of a bloke with a bare back...

I'll have a play around with the Koi picture later.

mook

Gah...it looked better in photoshop than it does on the web..whydoes that happen?

@ssmaster

I think I may of misunderstood the remit.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "mook"Gah...it looked better in photoshop than it does on the web..whydoes that happen?

Hey Mook, that's really good.

Do you convert to gif or jpeg in Fireworks? I find that moving from Photoshop to Fireworks dulls the image.

@ssmaster, why have you put Almost Yearly on his back?

;¬)

mook

Fanny. it was all done in tatershop, it just looked more natural when viewed through PS than it does uploaded. I only compressed it by a smidge as well?

I made this.

made a displacement map of Elliots back and then masked it in using overlay. I'll have a faff about with it later. It looked better when I changed the colour of his boxers, it seemed to make the red of the fish stand out more.

@ssmaster can you post the link to the pic you used...ta.

@ssmaster

Cerys

Holy shit, mook!  Impressive!

Elliot

Thats fucking shit hot.  
Im well impressed.  
I saw that fish on a  link earlier in this thread.
I like that fish.
Black and white fish with basic water (tattoo jpnese style ) would be nice.
I wish I could find the bloody style Im after to show you. (Filip Leu)
Well done.

baptist

How about a winged serpent instead:

@ssmaster

or a spider's web?

Krang

my eyes! MY EYES!

They are gonna regret them when they sober up.

Although they look like they might make a nice team

Cerys

I cheerfully predict complaints of a NWS nature....

Edit - Oh, and by the way - YOWCH!

TraceyQ

Um. Interesting!

Nah, Cerys, no complaints here, if you come looking at VM at work you are kinda asking for it, I weckon.

Elliot

Is it just a coincidence that this post is from @ssmaster

I wonder if the tattooist is on time and a half...  I suppose he does have a handy place to hold his ink.

Quote from: "@ssmaster"or a spider's web?

Rats

@ssmaster

Uuurgh, Kylie has got a conjoined twin on her leg.

fanny splendid

Aren't you looking the wrong way, Rats?

Especially with that look on your face.

Rats

It's all done with strategically placed mirrors fanny. I'm actually watching coronation street in the next room on that one.

Cerys

Or possibly strategically placed fanny-mirrors...?

wu be eel

what is it with you boys and your tattoos! i have to live with this...

simplified:

...can anyone explain it ?

Good luck finding yours Elliot!

fanny splendid

...Then on Monday, the green seagull, tigger and purple-sharkey got together to sniff the pretty flower...

Cerys

Quote from: "wu be eel"...can anyone explain it ?

Well, the practice of tattooing oneself with images of animals harks back to Very Old Times, when it was believed that it would empower the body with attributes of the animals in question.  From this basis, it's evident that the man in the photo wants to be a fire-breathing striped rotating birdie.  And, at the end of the day, isn't that what we all want...?

poison popcorn

[/quote]Well, the practice of tattooing oneself with images of animals harks back to Very Old Times, when it was believed that it would empower the body with attributes of the animals in question. [/quote]

that would explain the one archer got when he was inside...

Smackhead Kangaroo

Quote from: "Cerys"I've got an eye tattooed on my left tit.  I'm almost tempted to have another eye put on the other side of the same appendage, just for the comic nipple-nose possibilities.  Almost.

Just admit it Cerys there is no nipple, it's just an eye, squirming round and round in a disconcerting Resident Evil way

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "Elliot"Anyone have any themselves?

Santa's Boyfriend

The most extreme tattoo ever...  :)