Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the most interesting thing you have ever....

Started by sore bottom mum, February 04, 2004, 11:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatloops

Quote from: "Cerys"A few years ago ('97 I think), this bloody great buoy got washed ashore on the beach just in front of the house where I used to live.

We'd been able to see it coming in for hours, but couldn't work out what it was.  This incident, combined with the fragrant smokey haze in the room, made it a very interesting afternoon....

Woah.  That ties in with the fear question.  Deep water scares the shit out of me so knowing that kind of gigantic thing is bobbing about out there makes me even less likely to go an live in Waterworld.

The Plaque Goblin

Ah, you don't need to worry about that because, apparently, if all the ice on the planet does melt there'll only be enough water to raise the sea level only about 89 metres, and most of the land is above 200m.

Remember the Arctic doesn't really count because it's all floating ice and water's volume increases when it freezes. So if just the north pole melts the sea level will actually drop.

Isn't that interesting, if true.

The Plaque Goblin

I would imagine global warming would eventually cause their plasticine to melt.

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "smoker"the most interesting thing i've ever read was a link almost yearly posted, detailing all the bad habits of pretty much every celebrity ever.
http://www.geocities.com/mnussitch/gossip.html

Wow, EVERYONE in showbiz is gay.

daveytaylor

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"
loads of stuff and then... (which was the rule for the Top Gear thing).

Fair comment. But you had to be at least moderately impressed at its ability to survive the sea. Salt Water breaks down most things. Just look at mechanical sharks.

Bill Oddie

There was a quote from one of those top Sci-Fi lads (Arthur C Clarke or Isaac Asimov) that went along the lines of:

"Either there's life elsewhere in the universe or there isn't"

They went on to say that if either can be shown to be true (and one must be) it has very profound implications.

ccab

Quote from: "cerys"A few years ago, us good folk of Aberystwyth were lucky enough to witness the thrilling final of the world JCB beach badminton contest...

Indeed. Who can forget that last volley?