Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:11:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fall

Started by The Man With Brass Eyes, April 19, 2004, 08:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rats

Rats

Hey hey

QuoteThe Fall's 24th Peel session is scheduled to air on Thursday, August 12.

Peel mentioned last night (Wed) that The Fall had been booked to come in and do a session on August 4th. In the once-weekly chatroom on Tuesday, producer Louise said that MES had left a highly abusive message for them on their answerphone, urging them to get their arse in gear and sort the contract out for the session. Peel mentioned this himself last night. He said that they were looking for a way to get the message off the answerphone so they could broadcast it, as it seems to have been a spectacular and foul-mouthed rant.

I doubt there's many people who like the giants as well as the fall but just in case, they're on conan on the same day, the 12th, so keep an eye on suprnova.

mr rou-rou

there's three Fall clips here, plus the clip below it of the piano duet is pretty strange, but interesting

http://punkcast.com/

Auntie Ovipositor

Rats

Cheers rou, I've seen them before. I was pondering getting the vcd before he got his wrists slapped.

Morgan

Just wanted to add that I love the Fall - and that Rats and I have worryingly similar tastes in music.  TMBG, Prefab Sprout, Fall...

Peking O

They're in session on John Peel tonight (their 24th session for him!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/thisweek/thisweek.shtml#sess3

Fucking hell, how good is Blindness? Its incredible.

TTT

Yeah good stuff rats, the first 2 are great, havnt listened to the others yet.

Just finished listening to them all. What a brilliant session, even better than the last one.

benthalo

Put the end of Clasp Hands on headphones, very loud.

I was blown away by this last night. So were a load of newcomers who were listening in, judging by Peel's reports.

mr rou-rou

Blindness was indeed great, I'm not a big Fall fan so I couldn't even tell you what years it's from, what year is it from? It sounds like a mid 90s industrial dirge off the Wax Trax label.

I like Peel's introduction where he has a bit of a Mr Magoo 'oh Peel you've done it again' moment.

I'll just get the rest now :) tanktops

Rou-rou, its from a couple of nights ago :) Brand new Peel session that was.

Glad you liked it anyway.

mr rou-rou

that was top and I liked every track, however I have been running a fever.

Brand new eh, well knock me down with a nettle.

How many sessions did Peel say they had done? oh I've found the answer on that BBC link up a few posts,

QuoteWe think that this is the Fall's 24th session for the show although we're sure if it's not then someone will let us know in due course.

The first Fall Session was recorded at Maida Vale on 30/5/78 and broadcast on 15/6/78. John liked it so much he commissioned another one that year which was broadcast on 6/12/78 with the next one being broadcast in 1980. They then recorded at least one Peel Session every year until 1998 (with the exception of '82 and '89 and '97) For some reason there were no more sessions after 98 but 2003 was their come-back year and the 23rd session was broadcast on 13 March.

You have to admire a man who uses a black opaque magnifying glass, it suggests he sees the world as a negative, strangely the imagery Blindness was giving me, that's a great track, interesting

oo you finally got me with a Fall track, ya buggers.

Rats

Class wasn't it? Aye, it was all new songs apart from the last one which was from I am kurious oranj and then a cover of some move song. To anyone who was thinking of getting the session, go here instead
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.bending/index.html
because mine have those little pops in which I thought I'd sorted, you might not notice them if you don't look for them but they're there. I think the problem is with my soundcard which was second hand. I'll have to get a new one. In fact I might save up and get a whole new computer, you still reading?

Cool, cheers for that Rats.

Some nice visual ideas in that video, but it really has nothing whatsoever remotely to do with the song, does it?

another Mr. Lizard

Just heard the session for the first time myself this afternoon. As Peel said, you sometimes feel as though you don't really need anyone else to make music. Loved Peely's reply to the new Fall fan who e-mailed asking which album he should buy first - JP just told him to go into a record shop, buy whichever Fall CDs they'd got, and then purchase the rest in due course. Sound advice.

Plus Peely played one track as a request for Ted Chippington and his kids! Good to know that Ted's still out there.

The Shipman track and 'Blindness' were fantastic, but it's the first number that really did it for me. When's the next album out? And will it feature the MES cover of 'Walk Like A Man' by The Four Seasons? (apparently his favourite band, along with The Move).

Just head "Blindness" and very good it is too. Will the Fall saga never end?

Eh? Well what does that mean? Did you like them or not?

Almost Yearly

It means the links have gone down.

And that so far I've got F'all out of the Fall, but I'm still open.

And that Strachan is a cummy-chinned chickadee.

Rats knows what I mean.

Edit: Ah, cheers big ears.

Ahh, sorry, thought you were saying something like they'd "gone down like a lead balloon" with you, in your own inimitable way :) Here's an alternate link, these are working: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.bending/

http://www.thefall.da.ru

Fucking hell, this site is great!  Thanks.

elderford

They're also here:

http://fall-peel-24.uni.cc/

Blindness, is a bit of a beastlike slab of riffwacka.

news.  the Fall are playing the December ATP festival at Camber Sands.

well it's Mark E. Smith and your granny on bongos.  so it's the Fall.
you didn't know that she was playing did ya?!