Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whats worth recording on UK TV? (overseas Brit in need)

Started by Elliot, February 05, 2004, 01:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elliot

As you may know or not know/care Im living in Japan and just recently me mum and auntie have gotten hold of recordable dvd units.
So I want to be able to give them some pointers on what they can record for me and send them over here.

So this is where you lot come in (if you live in UK that is).

Whats worth recording at the moment? Comedy, good TV etc.

Cheers

Elliot

gazzyk1ns

What channels do they have access to? i.e. the basic 5, Freeview, Cable, etc...

Rats

still game is worth watching, bbc 2 on saturdays. That's it I'm afraid.

Qatar-wol

"Match of the Day" (if it still exists in that form) for me, plus "Top Gear".  The wife'll have "House Doctor" from Channel 5, plus any old b/w films you can find.

Doesn't really help you, does it?  But it makes me feel a bit better.

Edited for punctuation.  Now that's anal.

Dr. Gizmonic

Little Britain, the new series of Frasier, CSI if you're in love with Grisham and anything featuring Sean Connery.

imitationleather

This doesn't really belong in this forum, but did anyone see Frasier tonight? I thought it was great, one of the best episodes in years.

Elliot

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"What channels do they have access to? i.e. the basic 5, Freeview, Cable, etc...
Good question.
Me mum has cable
Auntie I think has a dish.  

Little Britain was mentioned by my auntie actually.

Keep em coming.

I only get bbc world here and the occasional oldie on the Mystery channel
Touch of Frost, Prime Suspect,
Frasier is now set in the UK? When did that happen?
I get plenty of yank TV here, I have FOX and AXN so Im ok for that crap.
Thank god friends is finishing.

Dr. Gizmonic

Quote from: "imitationleather"This doesn't really belong in this forum, but did anyone see Frasier tonight? I thought it was great, one of the best episodes in years.

Oh yes, I laughed for the first time in years. Martin was perfect, Stewart was divine and the Kranes were unusually well timed. It's good to see a series of quality go out with a bang

Gazeuse

The original Randall And Hopkirk (Deceased) are being shown on cable at the moment.

For some reason, I find myself watching The Salon a lot.

Other than that there's not much on at the mo.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Elliot"As you may know or not know/care Im living in Japan and just recently me mum and auntie have gotten hold of recordable dvd units.
So I want to be able to give them some pointers on what they can record for me and send them over here.

I haven't got any suggestions, I'm just amused by your plight as lately I'm bored with UK tv and don't watch it that much, but spend a lot of my bandwidth downloading Japanese TV shows and music videos.

Santa's Boyfriend

To be honest there's very little on tv right now - the only things I'm really watching are programmes on the history channel about the war and stuff.

I'm curious though - has Bellevile Rendez-vous been released in Japan?   If so did it go down well?

And can you speak fluent Japanese?

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Gazeuse"For some reason, I find myself watching The Salon a lot.

It's because of the snooker on BBC 2.

TOCMFIC

Wish I had someone who could do that for me. There are a TON of things on UK TV I'd love to get (a hell of lot of them are on UK Gold I think) but nobody I know has the means to do anything but VHS, and since I can't play PAL tapes (fucking stupid competing standards) that's about as useful as a chocolate kettle sadly.

Hey, dude in Japan! You lucky git! If I could afford it I'd send you  money to record Japanese pro wrestling for me. Japan has the best wrestlers and feds in the world. I would go to Japan, and gladly sit for a week watching nothing but the various wrestling promotions over there.

(And those who want to laugh because they didn't know I'm into wrestling, I politely ask you to go fuck yourselves with a sharp stick)

mook

Quote from: "Fanny"

True enough, I flicked the box last evening at 6 expecting to see yet another Simpson repeat but no..fecking snooker instead. At least when they stick the darts on you can laugh at all the cheap jewelry and mullets on display. Snooker really is the pits as a TV show though, they'd be better off televising Pool from my local, the quality of shots might not be the same but you might just catch a glimpse of Shakey Rick trying to get a beer into him before the DT's shake him apart.

Anyway, I turned over to The Salon after a couple of minutes, who the hell was that Asian bird getting her hair done? And more to the point why didn't they let us see her "kitty" tattoo?

Gazeuse

Quote from: "fanny splendid"
Quote from: "Gazeuse"For some reason, I find myself watching The Salon a lot.

hehe...I hate that. Loads of blokes dressed like the best man at w wedding reception poking at soppy balls with a stick.

Blimey!!!

Elliot

Wrestling? Please tell me your are joking.
No I dont speak fluent japanese just enough to order beer and food.
Gameshows here are shit if you dont have English subtitles.
The Food Battle programes are good. An eating contest.
watch as contestants are able to increase their body weight by 8 kgs in 45 minutes of wantom eatery.
eat 20 sushi dishes in 1 minute

steevbishop

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"(And those who want to laugh because they didn't know I'm into wrestling, I politely ask you to go fuck yourselves with a sharp stick)

I was sure I'd have to keep that quiet here, myself. You are not alone. I live in a listed building (why it's listed I'll never know), so that means no cable or Sky right now, but I'm moving at the end of the month so the outlook should be better for getting my fix. Especially if I get Sky so I can have that new all-wrestling channel. I have a NOAH Junior tape in my collection and it's fucking awesome. Must get more tapes...

I probably should've PM'd this, but fuck y'all.

Elliot
BBC Three has a few curiosity watches right now in Sort It Out Man, Monkey Dust (one of my favourite things to watch until the jokes get worn out by repeats) and the aforementioned Little Britain.
If you follow Six Feet Under, series three is starting on Channel 4 about now.

Seems to me that the 'Verbwhores Radio Times' sticky thread might be a good place to start.

weekender

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"Seems to me that the 'Verbwhores Radio Times' sticky thread might be a good place to start.

Yeah, if it wasn't full of shit.