Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:14:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

new Girl Talk album

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, June 19, 2008, 02:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

The new Girl Talk album is out now, for download (Radiohead style) on the illegal art site. I'm listening to it now, only a few minutes through but it's fun so far, I think it sounds better than Night Ripper, there's been some Kraftwerk, Judas Priest, Avril Lavigne, Sinead O'Conner, Aphex Twin, and I'm only a couple of minutes through. Sounds a bit more glitchy in places as well which is good. Oh, now there's some Springsteen. Download it, it's free.

CaledonianGonzo

I'm listening to this just now and - as with Night Ripper - I'm just finding it exhausting.  Yes, I can applaud the magpie sensibility and the technique behind it all, but for every great sample (like the moment when it turns into of Montreal's Gronlandic Edit), there's a snippet of someone like Fergie that adds not very much at all to the overal effect.

Might be good for the treadmill, though...

jimmy jazz

I really like it. I think its a bit more professional sounding than Night Ripper but a lot harder to dance to. It's definitely one for the heads over the feds, but I really am enjoying it. The Come on Eileen sample is absolutely inspired, as is the Earth, Wind and Fire.

He does seem to be obsessed with VH1 classic tunes though, maybe that's all he does now he's quit his job.