Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:52:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Wimblemong 2008 - Info Centre (Draws, rules, news etc)

Started by Derek Trucks, July 01, 2008, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What happens if the last highest losers spot is tied? Will there be a one shot mong off, another vote, flip of a coin, the first to complete?

Artemis

I'd say a one-shot mong off with a 24 hour turn-around limit, and 24 hours for voting; it could be cleared up fairly within 3 days. Either that or 'first to complete'.

Derek Trucks

I had already thought this one through, should a 6th placed tie happen that I'll just ask people to vote for the best player from their 2 matches (there won't be any more new shots) and it will be in a quicker 24 hour period.

As far as general matches so I think 48 hours is fine - especially if a game finishes at a weekend and people don't get the chance to vote.  If we made some games' voting period shorter then it would make the competition inconsistent.

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Derek Trucks on July 09, 2008, 06:19:24 PM
As far as general matches so I think 48 hours is fine - especially if a game finishes at a weekend and people don't get the chance to vote.  If we made some games' voting period shorter then it would make the competition inconsistent.
That's why we do it for all games from the next round onwards!

I just think it kind of drags everything out a bit too long. Neil could put "Vote Vote Vote!" in the subject line and I am sure enough people would vote.

Small Man Big Horse

I don't think 48 hours is too long, not everyone logs on daily, especially at the weekend.

Btw, just incase I scrape through as one of the six highest losers, I'm off to hospital tomorrow to have my leg operated on but I should be out by Friday and up for doing the whole photoshop thing by Saturday, so if I'm to serve first I will get round to it in time I promise.

Derek Trucks

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 09, 2008, 07:39:06 PM
I don't think 48 hours is too long, not everyone logs on daily, especially at the weekend.

Exactly.  And I think Neil has better things to having to change the titles of 27 threads (that's how many games are left to play in total).  Sorry Doc, but there's no budging on this.

weekender

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on July 09, 2008, 12:56:43 AM
What scores do the losers have so far? I'm too wasted to count by myself.

THIS PLEASE.

Derek Trucks

Ah, now I'm not going to do that just in case it encourages tactical voting in the last few games i.e. people knowing that just another couple of votes will keep someone in, sorry.  We'll know all the scores in a day or so anyway.

In hindsight I'm not sure that the 'highest losers' rule was the way to go, because of the tactical voting danger stated above (having said that I reckon nearly all of the votes have been people truly voting for their favourite).  Maybe another of doing it was having matches of 3 players, in which vote for their 1st and 2nd favourites of the match, with the top 2 from each match going through.  Ah well I've made my bed, it seems to be going ok.

weekender

Well then you're a cunt and I disagree with you about everything.

DocDaneeka

Quote from: weekender on July 09, 2008, 09:13:05 PM
Well then you're a cunt and I disagree with you about everything.
Agreed.

I hope I don't get anyone I (possibly) tactically voted for in the next round.

If I do, it'll teach me a lesson: Crush talent when it's down. Batter everyone at birth.

Artemis

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 10, 2008, 12:30:58 AM
I hope I don't get anyone I (possibly) tactically voted for in the next round.

I knew it! Wimblemong is the new Eurovision! You are part of the Soviet block.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Derek Trucks on July 09, 2008, 09:08:27 PM
In hindsight I'm not sure that the 'highest losers' rule was the way to go, because of the tactical voting danger stated above

Sod it man, it's only a bit of fun innit.

Derek Trucks

For you maybe, you're not the one being called a cunt.  Anyway, having had yet more fun counting we can now name the 24 that have made it through to the 2nd round:

The Winners

Johnny Yesno
nagsworth
jutl
Clone Army
Fry
no_offenc
DocDaneeka
Lee
Cerys
Koant
Ziggy Starbucks
TV's Nick Wealthall
Cardinal Tit Storm
The Boston Crab
mook
Micanio
Rubbish Monkey
Fanny Splendid

And the 6 highest losers?  Well they are....

17 Delete Delete Delete
16 Miles
15 Small Man Big Horse
12 weekender
11 ETT
11 Al The Funkee Homosapien

So there we are.  Suppose I better make the draw this evening.

Marv Orange

Quote from: Derek Trucks on July 10, 2008, 09:14:49 PM
For you maybe, you're not the one being called a cunt.  Anyway, having had yet more fun counting we can now name the 24 that have made it through to the 2nd round:

The Winners

Johnny Yesno
nagsworth
jutl
Clone Army
Fry
no_offenc
DocDaneeka
Lee
Cerys
Koant
Ziggy Starbucks
TV's Nick Wealthall
Cardinal Tit Storm
The Boston Crab
mook
Micanio
Rubbish Monkey

And the 6 highest losers?  Well they are....

17 Delete Delete Delete
16 Miles
15 Small Man Big Horse
12 weekender
11 ETT
11 Al The Funkee Homosapien

So there we are.  Suppose I better make the draw this evening.
And Fanny Splendid, tut tut Derek.

hands cold, liver warm

there was an absolute load of great stuff in the first round. I enjoyed it a lot.

and muchos gratias to DerekT for arranging it

weekender

Quote from: Marv Orange on July 10, 2008, 09:17:47 PM
FUCK YOU WEEKENDER

YOU CUNT

Well, at the end of the day, it was a hard fought battle and both men fielded 11 of their strongest players.  It was touch and go for a while but when the fat lady sings it all comes down to what happens on the pitch.  I think the key was that it was a confidence thing, and when the ball's in the goal the keeper probably should have stopped it.  I think I have the full confidence of the board and when the final whistle is blown then the luck of the draw landed on the head of the team with the most luck.

DocDaneeka

For you maybe, you're not the one being called a cunt.
Ach I didn't mean it, I just wanted to be a cool internet badboy like weekender!

I still think it should 24hrs voting time though.

Derek Trucks

This is the draw for the 2nd round:

Cerys   v   Small Man Big Horse
CTS   v   nagsworth
TV's Nick Wealthall   v   ziggy starbucks
Micanio   v   Rubbish Monkey
Lee   v   DocDaneeka
Fry   v   Clone Army
Koant   v   jutl
Fanny Splendid   v   Delete
ETT   v   no_offenc
Johnny Yesno   v   The Boston Crab
mook   v   Miles
weekender   v   Al Tha Funkee

Again, the first name is the person serving, 2 shots per player per game (I think it will be 3 for the last 16 onwards), and as we're starting close to a weekend I'll give players an extra to do their first shot, so that's midnight on Monday.  Remember in this round the winners plus the 4 highest losers will go through to make the last 16 and from then onwards it's all straight knockout.  Good luck and keep the quality up.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Thank christ I made my heartfelt plea for votes. It was entirely necessary, as it turns out.

alan nagsworth

For you maybe, you're not the one being called a cunt.

I will admit it is fun watching others being called a cunt and a whiny bitch among other things. I'm only yankin' yer chain anyway dude, and weekender's just bitter because he made it through just because. You're doing a grand job man!

But why have I been randomly drawn against one of the best players, eh?! The laws of random mean you are indeed a cunt! And why am I not serving?! Cunt! I had a really good idea for a service you cunt!

Spoiler alert
Cunt!
[close]

swarfmonkey

I thought Al Tha funkee homosapien had  fucked off on holiday and couldn't compete in round 2?

Am I wrong? AM I?

weekender

Quote from: Al Tha funkee homosapienVote for me you cunts. Actually don't, I'm going on holiday on Saturday. Vote for mook you twats.

Shit.  Well I guess he can play today or forfeit the match.  If it's the latter I want my shot deleted so I can use it in round 3.

Derek Trucks

Bugger, I should have thought about how to do this, not least because it's quite conceivable that other will have holidays over the remainder of this.  Judging by his post I don't think Al was that bothered about getting knocked out and may well have thought he was out anyway, so I think we'll just call this one a bye to weekender.  But I should have run through it with him when he let us know, my bad.  So if anyone is gonna be away for a week or so in future let us know and we'll sort something out asap.

swarfmonkey

If weekender hasn't got Al to play against you could select the next highest scoring loser. Someone who got around 10 votes in round one and who's available to play all weekend.

Just a thought.

swarfmonkey stands shuffling his feet in the corner looking around him

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I could play today but I feel it would be not showing the competition the respekk! it deserves. So you probably should sub me with someone else. I'm pretty sure I did this exact same thing last year as well. I did the first round only to fuck off before the second.

Derek Trucks

When are you back Al?  Because if you can do a shot today, then weekender can do his and if you can do the last one say next weekend or the next Monday that'll be the match in the bag, in a not too shabby speed.  Let me know what you think.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Probably only fair that I get a bye to the next round or I'm gonna get knocked out again by Johnny. Hopefully I can prcoure a mouse before the time I have to return serve or it's laptop touchpad again. Yeah, baby - semi-finals here I come.