Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] Looking for mixing software - recommendations?

Started by alan nagsworth, July 02, 2008, 02:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

My stepdad is looking for some basic software to record guitar and bass and mix them together - y'know, something like Cubase only not as extensive and complex. He says he wants something that would enable recording, for example, a bassline, and then playing it back and recording on top of it in a seperate track. I assume all mixing software allows this function though.

Could anyone be so kind as to make a suggestion? A custom avatar and a peck on the cheek for whoever has the best suggestion. Thanks in advance, lovelies!

Lord Mandrake

Computer music mag is a fiver and comes with full software & trials of things like Ableton 7 but that reaper looks cool

Pseudopath

Even something as basic as Audacity will allow you to record multiple tracks and mix them together. However, Reaper is excellent, even though it's not free (although the trial version never times out).

El Unicornio, mang

Acid Pro. Very simple to pick up, and if you decide to get more complex it's as useful as any of the other mixing softwares.