Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2008 Round 1: jutl v Old Thrashbag

Started by jutl, July 02, 2008, 01:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocky909

jutl obviously but I feel Old Thrashbarg deserves to go through on the strength of his returns. I suppose the voting system falls down in this instance. That first one is awesome though jutl, it's perfect.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Koant

Rubbish Monkey

Uncle TechTip

I don't get "Popeye-and-I". So solitary vote for Thrashbag.

DocDaneeka

Jutl, even if his second shot could grace many a twats t-shirt.

mothman

swarfmonkey

jutl but OT's last shot made me wee a little bit

alan nagsworth

I don't get the satire in the first two so it's hard for me to vote!

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Kapuscinski

jutl

Both of you are brilliant with Photoshop though. Well done!

ThickAndCreamy

Quote from: nagsworth on July 04, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
I don't get the satire in the first two so it's hard for me to vote!
Same, explanation please?

Jutl, for Popeye-and-I, especially.

I wish Old Thrashbarg has played someone else.

Derek Trucks

Jutl, your first picture is not showing.  Please rectify as soon as you can.

jutl

Quote from: Derek Trucks on July 05, 2008, 09:40:39 AM
Jutl, your first picture is not showing.  Please rectify as soon as you can.

Oops - web host seems to be down. I can't edit the first post, but I'll post it again here

Quote from: TheFatBloke on July 04, 2008, 10:40:58 PM
Same, explanation please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari#Language

See the last bullet, or indeed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iyaric#I_words

alan nagsworth

Actually it was the first two I didn't get as I've not been following the campaign trail thingy. I take it John McCain is Obama's main opposition and he claims that if Barack is elected the war will continue, or something?

jutl

Quote from: nagsworth on July 05, 2008, 11:07:18 AM
Actually it was the first two I didn't get as I've not been following the campaign trail thingy. I take it John McCain is Obama's main opposition and he claims that if Barack is elected the war will continue, or something?

It's more that the Republican campaign in general would like to blur the O[b|s]ama line.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: nagsworth on July 05, 2008, 11:07:18 AM

No it's the opposite I think, McCain is pro war and wants to keep troops in Iraq indefinately. The Republicans and Fox News have tried to smear Obama and associate him with terrorism. There was a bit of a fuss made when Obama and his wife 'touched fists' after a victory, with someone on Fox News saying it resembled the 'terrorist fist jab' Hezbollah members make when they meet.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/11/deconstructing-the-bump/

alan nagsworth

Ohhh right 'cause he's black. It all makes perfect sense now. Well in that case I vote for John McCain in this round.

Nah jutl gets it really I was only pulling your leg!

Derek Trucks

The final score is:   jutl 32 Old Trashbag 1.  jutl is the winner and goes through to the 2nd round.  Unfortunately for Old Thrashbag they will not be in the 6 highest losers and are therefore out.  Hard luck and thanks for playing, hope to see you again next year (I'll make sure you get a nicer draw).

sproggy

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Derek Trucks on July 05, 2008, 05:32:33 PM
The final score is:   jutl 32 Old Trashbag 1.  jutl is the winner and goes through to the 2nd round.  Unfortunately for Old Thrashbag they will not be in the 6 highest losers and are therefore out.  Hard luck and thanks for playing, hope to see you again next year (I'll make sure you get a nicer draw).

Thanks for organising the tournament (and a kinder draw next time will be much appreciated, with hopefully improved GIMPing skills also helping).

Thanks also to jutl for the (very well played) game.