Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2008: Round 2: mook v Miles

Started by Miles, July 14, 2008, 10:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miles

mook

Don't nag, I'm poorly! ;)

It was my birthday on Saturday, and it seems my constitution isn't what it was.

I'll knock something together sharpish.

wherearethespoons

mook

alan nagsworth

Bah, again I don't get it, but it is a terrific job nonetheless. I get that it's to do with Richard Dawkins and one of his theories about the universe, but... that's about it.

Miles

It wasn't nagging, I wasn't nagging!

Happy birthday to you sir, I'll try and get something posted today.

Miles

predictable re-turn!

just had the idea of "Dawkin's Creek" instead

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: nagsworth on July 14, 2008, 12:41:17 PM
Bah, again I don't get it, but it is a terrific job nonetheless. I get that it's to do with Richard Dawkins and one of his theories about the universe, but... that's about it.

Something to do with eggsistence?

Cerys

micanio

alan nagsworth

So this is what it feels like to be hot competition for the third round...

I really want to go through and do my momma proud but I think I will get slaughtered if I do!

mook

Derek. Can I get a days grace please? I really want to reply to Miles' return, but I won't get a chance to have a pop 'til tomorrow afternoon.

Miles

mook tomorrow afternoon is well within the 72 hour shot clock time limit thing, so not to worry.

mook

I've got a bit of a problem with my computer (see the techy thread). I was hoping to get it sorted yesterday, but my tech skills are sorely lacking and I can't risk fucking things up further with my untrained tinkering. Sorry Miles.

Miles

Ah not to worry, I'm sure a day or two extra isn't going to be a problem, it isn't for me; and if you're having troubles with your computer then I'm sure Derek will gladly extend the shot/game time.
In any case if it is a problem that's going to take more than a few days, we've both taken a shot, maybe votes could be cast on those, what do you say?

Derek Trucks

I'm going to give you another 48 hours mook as you said you were having problems.  This means you have till half 9 Saturday.  Is that doing to be doable for you?

sproggy

Sort your life out mook, you shabby arsed tramp :-)

mook

Quote from: sproggy on July 17, 2008, 11:23:15 PM
Sort your life out mook, you shabby arsed tramp :-)

Heh, my life's fucked beyond all repair sprog. As it seems is this computer, google has disappeared for one to be replaced by something called "Confixx Professional" I don't even want to hazard a guess as to what that is!

Derek, thanks for the extension. I'll be able to use the missus' laptop Saturday morning to cobble something together. Sorry all.

Derek Trucks

What I said in the Fry v Clone Army goes for here too, the maximum extension I'm giving is 48 hrs.  That means you need to put a shot up by 9:27 tonight mook otherwise it'll be a forfeit of the match.

Miles

Quote from: Derek Trucks on July 19, 2008, 05:17:31 PM
... otherwise it'll be a forfeit of the match.

considering that mook has a genuine reason for any delay, should he not be able to post anything by half past nine could it not just go to a vote on the two shots posted so far?

Derek Trucks

Sorry miles, but that's not feasable for a number of reasons, chief amongst them being it wouldn't be fair on the the people that have been knocked out this round that DID manage to post the required number of shots in time.  Also it would be inconsistent with treatments in previous rounds.

Miles

Fair enough, hope mook can get something posted by then then. Then.

Derek Trucks

Unfortunately mook didn't, so miles is the winner.

Artemis

Shame. Mook's first shot was great.

God, you're moderating this with a rod of STEEL, Trucks! Good on you though, it's the only way to keep it fair I suppose.

Congrats, Miles.

Miles

Ah bollocks, I was hoping to finish the match properly, these things happen I suppose