Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:54:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

$21,381

Started by Danger Man, August 12, 2008, 06:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

...is the value of this forum, according to http://www.websiteoutlook.com

What?

Marv Orange

weird I did the same check about 20 mins ago. (the site i was reading had  a massive flounce due to egos and hypothetical ad revenue. Then some one links the imaginary worth of the site to fan the flames)   

$22,270.11  Couldn't even buy a house, for that! Not even up North.

biggytitbo

weekender

I pasted this thread and it came up with a value of $1.20.

Danger Man

Quote from: weekender on August 12, 2008, 08:23:07 AM
I pasted this thread and it came up with a value of $1.20.

Which is pretty much the value of CaB divided by the number of threads (around 18,500)

Maybe we can start our own currency...10 'delboys' being 1 'goodies' and 10 'goodies' being 1 'yourmum'

or something...

alan nagsworth

Ooh. Neil, can I borrow the rites to chilled.cream.org for 10 minutes please? Ah go on I'll crash yer a bong just gimme the keys.

boxofslice

So in real money it's about £11k. The credit crunch is hitting us all hard in some way.

Viero_Berlotti

Interesting that the BBC website is worth $50.19 million and by not carrying adverts they are missing out on an estimated $68752.83 worth of revenue per day. Just think of all the great comedy BBC 3 could make with that.

mothman

Ha, I just did my company's website (a £100million+ international construction-management firm) and got a value of about US$3K. . .

biggytitbo

Quote from: mothman on August 12, 2008, 10:37:52 AM
Ha, I just did my company's website (a £100million+ international construction-management firm) and got a value of about US$3K. . .

It's all about traffic, I wouldn't expect that kind of website to rate highly compared to content websites which are based on hits. My work site is the 25th most popular site in the UK and gets $4.3 million, which I believe is a lot less than it actually generates in ad revenue each year so its balls anyway.

TheWizard

Google is $1.2 Billion

Alan Carr :  $2854.3

Quote from: mothman on August 12, 2008, 10:37:52 AM

I'm similar-ish.  Value of just under $4k for an absolutely huge company.  The website is a bit rubbish though, so hardly anyone is likely to click on it.

biggytitbo

They just equate traffic with value. If you have a website that does modest traffic but you make lots of big sales off the back of it its potentially worth more than a website that does 15 million page impressiions a day and gets a fraction of a penny of ad revenue from each.

hpmons

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 12, 2008, 11:57:28 AM
My work site is the 25th most popular site

You work for adult friendfinder?

Quote from: hpmons on August 12, 2008, 04:31:34 PM
You work for adult friendfinder?

:o)

I get the Egypt Tutankhamun Treasure Shop per here:

http://www.mostpopularsites.info/

El Unicornio, mang

My company's website is valued at $876. Oh yes we're big time.

buttgammon

I think it's for 'cream.org' rather than CaB itself. I put in 'chilled.cream.org' and it just comes up with the results for 'cream.org'. So I think we're sadly worth less than that :-(

Old Thrashbarg

It appears that way - $3263.1, apparently.

Pylon Man

What is cream.org? It just seems to be a collection of news opinion pieces nicked from around the web, including Melanie Phillips.