Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:48:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Chavs" ruined my morning.

Started by Borboski, April 22, 2004, 10:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

Quote from: "zozman"Sod that - people should have to apply to have children and if they don't have the necessary parenting skills, lack of sovereign rings or the income to properly support them they shouldn't be allowed.  Bring it on - forced sterilisation at puberty, with reversal when the license is granted.

Come on!

You are James Whale and ICM extra- marital affair.

zozman

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"
Quote from: "hencole"I think some people are getting a bit carried away here. Most of these younger kids will grow out of it. There not going to act like that for ever.

You obviously haven't been to Southend on Sea.

Fuck. We're moving there at the end of the year.

phes

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"
Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"
Quote from: "hencole"I think some people are getting a bit carried away here. Most of these younger kids will grow out of it. There not going to act like that for ever.

You obviously haven't been to Southend on Sea.

QuoteFuck. We're moving there at the end of the year

Don't worry. They'll probably be about 5% less naughty by then.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

A part of me would say we should sterilise them all, but then I remember that you can't generalise and say they're all bad. It'd be like the chavs saying that all middle classers were 'gay.'

When I was a teenager, I used to be very right-wing, probably because I went to a hardly posh but private school and townies used to shout 'posh wankers' and 'think you're so fucking better than us?' at me and my friends when we walked home. As a result, we became crypto-facists, albeit rather cowardly ones. To be honest, I still hold a huge amount of contempt for chavs and their ilk, mainly because they seem to ruin every situation in which me and they co-inhabit.

I've been on buses when a group of teenager chavs have come on and they sit at the back, showing off in that voice that makes them sound as if they're constantly retching, and they light up and the driver does nothing. If I lit up, I'd be thrown off at 60 mph. When I get up, they sneer, 'Aw, posh bastard,' just because I've got a shirt and tie.

To be trivial, their fashion pisses me off, in the sense that they try and look like 50-Cent or some other 'Look how hard I am, I have gold rings on.' It's the shellsuits, the tacky jewellery, the caps pulled down low, the hollow-cheeked, dead-eyed stare, and the lips ready to sneer, 'Whatyoulookingat?'  It's quite amusing, though I wouldn't giggle in their face, that they think themselves so hard. They genuinely believe, in a tragically Blanche DuBois-style delusion, that they are the toughest, coolest 'gangstas' and everyone should bow down and worship them...otherwise they'll make their hand into a gun and threaten to 'hunt you down and put a cap in your face.'

It almost makes you believe in Alan B'Stard's quote of the day:

QuoteUgly stupid poor people should not be allowed to have children.

[/i]